NBA Finals

legend11

This series has already been overanalyzed every which way. I'm just glad to see the three-time scoring champ go up against the three-time MVP. It should be a fun series. Who ya got?

(BTW, it's Oklahoma City vs. Miami in case you haven't been following the NBA at all this year ;) ).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This series has already been overanalyzed every which way. I'm just glad to see the three-time scoring champ go up against the three-time MVP. It should be a fun series. Who ya got?

(BTW, it's Oklahoma City vs. Miami in case you haven't been following the NBA at all this year ;) ).

Thanks for waking me up. My gut's telling me Miami. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Two thoughts:

1.)I find it shocking that LeBron doesn't go straight to the rim every time he touches the basketball. He's bigger/stronger/faster than anyone else on the court. Is he ever going to realize this?

2.) I've thought this before, but never more so than after last night: OKC is the complete team. They have play-makers, they have big defenders, they have panache, and they have James Harden's beard. There is literally nothing more this team could ask to add.

Two thoughts:

1.)I find it shocking that LeBron doesn't go straight to the rim every time he touches the basketball. He's bigger/stronger/faster than anyone else on the court. Is he ever going to realize this?

2.) I've thought this before, but never more so than after last night: OKC is the complete team. They have play-makers, they have big defenders, they have panache, and they have James Harden's beard. There is literally nothing more this team could ask to add.

1. No. He would have figured this out by now.

2. It's scary how good and young that team is. If they can (1) win this series and (2) avoid the "Disease of More", they might be the '90s Bulls all over again. They have no one in the West to really challenge them. The Lakers are old and dysfunctional. The Spurs are decrepit and will have to blow it up in 2-3 years. Memphis is talented and doesn't play as a team. Clippers don't play defense. There's no one there...

2. It's scary how good and young that team is. If they can (1) win this series and (2) avoid the "Disease of More", they might be the '90s Bulls all over again. They have no one in the West to really challenge them. The Lakers are old and dysfunctional. The Spurs are decrepit and will have to blow it up in 2-3 years. Memphis is talented and doesn't play as a team. Clippers don't play defense. There's no one there...

The "Disease of More" is what's going to sink them, particularly Sefalosha and Harden. Both of those guys are gonna have unnecessarily huge contracts within the next couple of years.

There's been talk of Boston letting their "Big 3" go and swapping Westbrook straight up for Rondo. In the words of Bill Simmons, "Who says 'NO'?" If this happened, Boston could build around Westbrook and Jeff Green and OKC would have cap space to keep their team in tact, while staying more or less the same at the PG position.

But either way, last night's game was fun. It's gonna be a fun series. After last night, I'm going to adjust my prediction and say OKC in 7. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

The "Disease of More" is what's going to sink them, particularly Sefalosha and Harden. Both of those guys are gonna have unnecessarily huge contracts within the next couple of years.

There's been talk of Boston letting their "Big 3" go and swapping Westbrook straight up for Rondo. In the words of Bill Simmons, "Who says 'NO'?" If this happened, Boston could build around Westbrook and Jeff Green and OKC would have cap space to keep their team in tact, while staying more or less the same at the PG position.

But either way, last night's game was fun. It's gonna be a fun series. After last night, I'm going to adjust my prediction and say OKC in 7. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Holy crap, if Boston swaps Rondo for Westbrook, OKC accepts that immediately and ends the day early to immediately hit up the nearest club for an epic party. That, and Durant might legitimately average 35 PPG. Rondo neutralizes Westbrook's biggest weakness of taking too many shots at inopportune times. The cap space could keep Sefalosha and Harden, thereby not sacrificing much defense.

If Miami doesn't come back and win Game 2, it could be over in 5.

Whoa boy. We have a series. After starting the game down 18-2, the Thunder climbed back and had chances to win it. Yes there were some iffy calls, but the Heat were the more determined team tonight. Another spectacular game. I really want this one to go 7 if they're all going to be like that.

Whoa boy. We have a series. After starting the game down 18-2, the Thunder climbed back and had chances to win it. Yes there were some iffy calls, but the Heat were the more determined team tonight. Another spectacular game. I really want this one to go 7 if they're all going to be like that.

The last minute were a damper, but it was a very exciting game. Of course, I was cheering for OKC, but Miami played solidly. Battier turned back the clock quite a bit. Forget what the sportswriters say: HE is the key to Miami's success. Have to have a glue guy get his share, and Battier's doing it.

The last minute were a damper, but it was a very exciting game. Of course, I was cheering for OKC, but Miami played solidly. Battier turned back the clock quite a bit. Forget what the sportswriters say: HE is the key to Miami's success. Have to have a glue guy get his share, and Battier's doing it.

Yeah, definitely. This is the Battier that Pat Riley was looking for when he brought him in this year. I just don't know when Battier turned so... Miami. He's totally bought into the flopping/diving/take-cheap-charges thing that Lebron and Co. do so well, even more so than before I think.

And speaking of Lebron, I'm not sure I saw him shoot a jumper until the third quarter. Good on him for realizing he can take it to the hole any time he wants, where he has a high percentage shot to take or they're gonna send him to the line.

He's totally bought into the flopping/diving/take-cheap-charges thing that Lebron and Co. do so well, even more so than before I think.

Seriously? Battier turned "Miami" about 12 years ago when he played at the king of the flopping/diving/take-cheap-charges known as Duke.

Seriously? Battier turned "Miami" about 12 years ago when he played at the king of the flopping/diving/take-cheap-charges known as Duke.

Haha exactly. That's why I added the "more so than usual". Maybe it's just his addition to the Miami scene. I hate Miami. Everything about it.

Haha exactly. That's why I added the "more so than usual". Maybe it's just his addition to the Miami scene. I hate Miami. Everything about it.

Flopping isn't strictly a Miami thing.. it's an NBA thing. The Boston Celtics have turned it into a work of art. It's an unfortunate part of the sport but it won't go away any time soon.

That is the main reason for me hating soccer. The amount of fake injuries is annoying. If a player goes down and is acting like they just got mauled by a grizzly bear then they should have to come out of the match for a certain period of time.

Long time, no see!

I've been lurking. Lol. Now that I left my repo job and went back to Sykes, I have a computer to get on with. So I'll be posting more and more.

Btw, I called Heat over Thunder back before the season started, fwiw.