U2...

Never could get into U2. For me personally, they aren't even top 5. And Bono is terribly arrogant. The Edge could be the most overrated musician ....on the planet.

Agreed. I just can't get into their music the only song I can stand is Vertigo.

The last good album U2 did was "The Unforgettable Fire". Their first three albums (Boy, October, War) were excellent...raw, emotional, and true to the heart music/lyrics. "The Unforgettable Fire" showed signs of the same but also was the beginning of the "commercial sellout". Everything from "The Joshua Tree" to now has been pure commercial trash...maybe the Live Aid thing was the beginning of the end. The only song they've done since then that I liked is "Beautiful Day"

And dueces is correct...Bono is the most arrogant ass in the music industry.

BTW, freshman year at VT, I was "seduced" by an "older woman" (a sophomore) one Saturday night in Campbell Hall (dorm) to the "Boy" album...kinda ironic, no?

Not a big U2 fan, like Gman said the early albums are pretty good but from then on not so much. and I get tired of Bonos crap

To me they are a pop band more than a rock band.

As far as songs, Bullet the Blue Sky is pretty good imo(although I like Sepulturas cover of it better)

Agreed, when I think of great rock bands U2 does not cross my mind.

To me they are a pop band more than a rock band.

No one ever said "Rock" band...they refer to themselves as "the best band in the world"...

I will NEVER consent to drumming a U2 song. Lmao.

Sure, why not? You covered Eurythmics, why not U2? You could put your twist to one of their songs, that would be cool as shizzle...

Sure, why not? You covered Eurythmics, why not U2? You could put your twist to one of their songs, that would be cool as shizzle...

I'm convinced any song out there can be made better (if it sucks already, if not, don't touch it) with a little personal twist. We got a standing ovation in Bburg for our hard rendition of Alicia Keys "No one". It can be done. You can make U2 listenable.

Technically, we covered Marilyn Manson, covering Eurythmics. Lmao.

"The last good album U2 did was "The Unforgettable Fire". Their first three albums (Boy, October, War) were excellent...raw, emotional, and true to the heart music/lyrics. "The Unforgettable Fire" showed signs of the same but also was the beginning of the "commercial sellout". Everything from "The Joshua Tree" to now has been pure commercial trash...maybe the Live Aid thing was the beginning of the end. The only song they've done since then that I liked is "Beautiful Day""

When I read this I pictured the guy from American Psycho talking about Huey Lewis or Whitney Houston.