New Week = New Focus

southbound

Its been protested here and recorded how unfair last weeks game was with the "offsides" by the cats and the non-flags by the hometown refs but no time to cry about that, its a new week for the Falcons and a determined focus. To prepare myself for this week, I went to the internet and looked up some inspirational quotes. Such as: "Don't give up", "No Excuses", "Champions keep playing until they get it right", and "Fat Bottom Girls Make the World Go Around" well not that one, but it was in my head because of Dad blaring his music. :p:cool: Dad said we are turning the corner and to keep going. I think this weeks game will tell the tale, think we will come out fired up and get after Patrick Henry. Dad thinks we win easily Friday. He said we have what it takes to become an elite football team and "its about finishing, we know you can start, but need to finish." Thats bad news for our next 9 opponents because that fired me up and it starts Friday night.:eek:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No Excuses"

Just remember that part in coming weeks

Don't you worry, 10/26 is another date we have circled along with some others including this Friday. You better follow your own advice. :D I will be watching:cool:

Its been protested here and recorded how unfair last weeks game was with the "offsides" by the cats and the non-flags by the hometown refs but no time to cry about that, its a new week for the Falcons and a determined focus. To prepare myself for this week, I went to the internet and looked up some inspirational quotes. Such as: "Don't give up", "No Excuses", "Champions keep playing until they get it right", and "Fat Bottom Girls Make the World Go Around" well not that one, but it was in my head because of Dad blaring his music. :p:cool: Dad said we are turning the corner and to keep going. I think this weeks game will tell the tale, think we will come out fired up and get after Patrick Henry. Dad thinks we win easily Friday. He said we have what it takes to become an elite football team and "its about finishing, we know you can start, but need to finish." Thats bad news for our next 9 opponents because that fired me up and it starts Friday night.:eek:

I was thinking "The Final Countdown" when you see that game clock hit 0:00.

tears would come to my eyes if ph won..id laugh so hard..sad thing is,i just dunno if thats gonna happen...

Its not going to, both teams are bad and under coached. Abingdon has better talent but their coach doesn't utilize it correctly. The news in Emory is PH struggles with the same issue along with low numbers (33 from what I hear). I think the real news from this game will not be the score but how many bone head calls each coach will make. I think the better game to watch would be Twin Springs at Holston, both teams are evenly matched and it has rivalry written all on it.

Watch out for the RB Keen. Kid is legit.

Its not going to, both teams are bad and under coached. Abingdon has better talent but their coach doesn't utilize it correctly. The news in Emory is PH struggles with the same issue along with low numbers (33 from what I hear). I think the real news from this game will not be the score but how many bone head calls each coach will make. I think the better game to watch would be Twin Springs at Holston, both teams are evenly matched and it has rivalry written all on it.

Have to take issue with that statement. I'll admit I had my reserves about Coach Palmer but he has proven to be a good coach. I think he is working hard and getting our boys to play hard. Palmer is a good one. Also, we have well over 40 kids who seem to love football not 33 as you think.

I went to the AHS - VHS game. The most impressive thing was how many people on Euclid Avenue get a thrill watching a semi-truck haul in a race car. The fireworks were ok at the end of the 3rd qtr too. Abingdons kicker and punter - dayyyyuuuuuuuum. UNREAL.

Have to take issue with that statement. I'll admit I had my reserves about Coach Palmer but he has proven to be a good coach. I think he is working hard and getting our boys to play hard. Palmer is a good one. Also, we have well over 40 kids who seem to love football not 33 as you think.

Wrong. I will give you 33-35 but you don't have 40.

Cavdaddy welcome back. The thing about PH is all of their teams are not coached well that is why they struggle so much. No doubt Holston is well coached and it hurts to lose the great baseball Coach Moore. He did more than anyone has at Holston with less talent.

Don't you worry, 10/26 is another date we have circled along with some others including this Friday. You better follow your own advice. :D I will be watching:cool:

I don't make excuses I just call it like I see it. We are what we are at Tazewell. A team that is rebuilding and hopefully will improve from week to week. I could be wrong but I think the Dawgs will give the birds a good run this season. Only time will tell. Either way have fun when you come up to Bulldog Stadium and no excuses for whatever the outcome.

I can't speak for PH, but you hit the nail on the head about Coach Bowles. I would love to know what he's thinking sometimes.

Thanks Vols, I would love to see it happen. The rebels are improving every week. Lets hope they get it done Friday Night.

They maybe are . . . but I don't think they've ever beat my Falcons or if they have it was before I was born. I've never seen it.

I don't make excuses I just call it like I see it. We are what we are at Tazewell. A team that is rebuilding and hopefully will improve from week to week. I could be wrong but I think the Dawgs will give the birds a good run this season. Only time will tell. Either way have fun when you come up to Bulldog Stadium and no excuses for whatever the outcome.

Stubaby, did you witness the beat down put on your puppies last night? I heard it was classic Falcon JV ball, score often and intimidate the opponent. I, southy and a few others have warned this board of the tremendous talent coming . . . . guess you didn't believe us. Well, you will wake up out of your dream when the Falcons soar into your stadium.:rolleyes:

tears would come to my eyes if ph won..id laugh so hard..sad thing is,i just dunno if thats gonna happen...

Is it just me or do guys from Marion always seem to have a sly comment about the Falcons. Listen, your opinion about the Falcons will change about as many times as you change your man thong (never) so keep ya filthy arse opinion to yourself and we will see you in November when you have to come to the Palace. :mad:

Guest king kone
You need to focus on that litter box....

Cavdaddy welcome back. The thing about PH is all of their teams are not coached well that is why they struggle so much. No doubt Holston is well coached and it hurts to lose the great baseball Coach Moore. He did more than anyone has at Holston with less talent.

From your mouth to God's ears my friend. I did congratulate Coach Moore on a successful season but do believe Holston has a stable of quality coaches who can take over that program and win it all. As for PH, don't think that is the case on the male side.

They maybe are . . . but I don't think they've ever beat my Falcons or if they have it was before I was born. I've never seen it.

Stubaby, did you witness the beat down put on your puppies last night? I heard it was classic Falcon JV ball, score often and intimidate the opponent. I, southy and a few others have warned this board of the tremendous talent coming . . . . guess you didn't believe us. Well, you will wake up out of your dream when the Falcons soar into your stadium.:rolleyes:

JV doesn't mean everything for up and coming classes. Two scenarios can happen. First is tremendous talent in jv then when they get to the higher level the coaching staff does not use it like they should and everybody wonders what happened. Second, the coaching staff can turn around the players after they have built up and developed and be a force.

Time will tell for the birds. They very well could be good, but don't count your falcons before they hatch. Just like our pups, they could end up being a pretty good team.

JV doesn't mean everything for up and coming classes. Two scenarios can happen. First is tremendous talent in jv then when they get to the higher level the coaching staff does not use it like they should and everybody wonders what happened. Second, the coaching staff can turn around the players after they have built up and developed and be a force.

Time will tell for the birds. They very well could be good, but don't count your falcons before they hatch. Just like our pups, they could end up being a pretty good team.

Have to agree with Stu bean on this one many JV programs are subpar at best and the kids don't develop until great coaches get a hold on them. Holston has been a great example of that with Coach Matlock showing success on the varsity level. Just for curiosity sake, what is "classic Falcon Jv ball"?

Have to agree with Stu bean on this one many JV programs are subpar at best and the kids don't develop until great coaches get a hold on them. Holston has been a great example of that with Coach Matlock showing success on the varsity level. Just for curiosity sake, what is "classic Falcon Jv ball"?

I also agree with Stu. Many great JV teams don't pan out at the varsity level. And, for the record, I have ZERO idea what "classic Falcon JV ball" is.

I thought I would never admit this but here it is: now that I am grown up, I regret not playing football. Coaches begged me to play but I was too busy to. But, I do recall those classic JV games of watching the Falcons lay the smack down on other teams. Classic JV Falcon Football is simple, we use multiple athletes that showcase their speed and talent and put the ball in the end zone. Classic JV Falcon Football games were my favorite and I loved watching them. I hear this years group is something special. I haven't got a chance to see them because after taking a year off, I am back at highlands and have a Monday night class.:(