Union at Lebanon

dshreeves

I will point this out: Union plays Richlands tough, they are not intimidated on the other hand Lebanon is afraid and will not even schedule the Big Blue. The only time Lebanon wants to play is when they are really good, so I don't look for them to pick Richlands up any time soon.

Union seems like a much better team to me...i'd say 14+

Lebanon has a great kicker though, he can bail them out of a bad situation when needed...nice to have someone who can change ends of the field for you when you are backed up against your own endzone, instead of just giving the other team a short field to work with. Union will have to go 80+ to score on everything other than turn overs.

Union is a good, hard hitting football team, and they will limit the amount of times that Lebanon will have the ball on O with their running game. Their D is pretty good also and they will hit you !

I say Union by at least 2 scores.

It depends on which Union team shows up. Last year Union turned some heads after a loss to Richlands by 2 points and it sounded like they may have been for real. Then, midseason last year, they almost fell completely apart.

I think Union has to be the favorite in this one.

UHS 34, LHS 14.

Union seems like a much better team to me...i'd say 14+

Lebanon has a great kicker though, he can bail them out of a bad situation when needed...nice to have someone who can change ends of the field for you when you are backed up against your own endzone, instead of just giving the other team a short field to work with. Union will have to go 80+ to score on everything other than turn overs.

I watched the kicker from lebanon in pregame at Honaker bootin them in at 55yds,and then the kid missed extra point which ultimately lost the game for the pioneers.Union will win big in this one.

I watched the kicker from lebanon in pregame at Honaker bootin them in at 55yds,and then the kid missed extra point which ultimately lost the game for the pioneers.Union will win big in this one.

have to have a good snap, good hold, and a good kick on an XP...anything goes wrong you're screwed. Mutter had to pick up a bad snap and run it in against TV in the first game. Not always the K's fault.

Not so fast on Lebanon playing the Blues. They are trying to get out of being in the same district as R ichlands . If they are forced by the VHSL to join the new proposed district they may be able to exclude the Blues from their schedule for several years.And remember, if O bumble is re-elected this country as we know it will not exist 4 years down the road. HS Football may be the least of our worries. IMHO

Not so fast on Lebanon playing the Blues. They are trying to get out of being in the same district as R ichlands . If they are forced by the VHSL to join the new proposed district they may be able to exclude the Blues from their schedule for several years.And remember, if O bumble is re-elected this country as we know it will not exist 4 years down the road. HS Football may be the least of our worries. IMHO

You do know that their is a new preposal that will be voted on by the r and r commite this month that has richlands, abingdon, tazewell , marion, and lebanon in one distric and the rest of the clinch in another. Its on the vhsl web site I beleave under the appeals that the committe will vote on at their next meeting. Also marion is asking to be placed in the hogo again. If they are placed in the hogo then john battle will move over to take their place.

IF Lebanon and Richlands are in the same district in the future they will not be able to exclude them.

If you want to talk politics please keep it in the political discussion forum.

IF Lebanon and Richlands are in the same district in the future they will not be able to exclude them.

If you want to talk politics please keep it in the political discussion forum.

technically thats not true...they don't "have" to play even though they are in the same district....districts really mean nothing anymore...all points. Grundy and Honaker were very close to not playing this last cycle.

Back to the Union vs Lebanon discussion, I got the bears winning this game due to heart and a very solid running game. I have yet to see my bear play in person due to the fact that my better half has kept me busy doing other things on friday nights. Im not hen pecked, but i do know the hen house rules really well. This week she will be out of town with her sister (thank you jesus) and I will be in the great town of Lebanon watching my bears play.

IMO the bears have got in line what was missing last year, coaching is better and players are better, so I look for a realistic 7-3 to 8-2 regular season with atleast two wins in the post season which will start with a win in Lebanon this friday.