Honaker at Richlands

Ryan4VT

They won't play us. We've tried. No one will play us. Christiansburg, Blacksburg, Tenn. High, Dobbyns-Bennet (spelling?), Clintwood, etc. No one will play us.

Next year is going to be tough. Only 4 teams in district = 7 non district games to schedule. So that gives us Tazewell, Abingdon, and Lebanon next year. Graham and Gate City will return. And from my understanding Union has 1 year left. So that leaves us with 4 games to schedule. Pulaski doesn't have any room left. Patrick isn't worth it. Marion has said they most likely won't be picking us back up. And I don't see us continuing the drive to Carroll.

im sure clintwood would have much rather schedule richands than grayson co.....(travel time) so..... i don't know, last i heard........well i'll leave it at that.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see a Clintwood/Richlands matchup in the cards, unless Richlands gets in a really bad spot in terms of scheduling. Theres nothing in it for Richlands; win and they dont get many points(plus "you are 3 times their size, of course you won"), lose and they dont get many points(plus "you got beat by a little A school"). Just not a good situation for Richlands. I would like to see it but I doubt that it will happen.

Now Richlands vs Ridgeview in a few years, that could definately happen(I would love to see it)

Edited by redtiger

Coach Mance has said on the radio that he wants to pick Bluefield back up.

Talked about what a great program they have and the fan support and also the travel would be a good thing for both schools.

The gate would be great also and it would be a game that would test both schools and help to prepare them for the playoffs.

As far as the Honaker game goes, I know a lot of the kids and parents and have a great deal of respect for their program. their kids will play hard and hit hard, but i do think that playing the Blues at Ernie is a big obstacle to over come and i see the blues by 2 scores at least, but it would not surprise me to see it closer either. The tigers have a lot of pride.

It should be another great atmosphere at Ernie again this Friday !

Clintwood has and would again. They'd much rather have gone to Richlands for a game than to BFE Grayson, BFE KY, or some of the schools in TN they've had to get. Lots of things have to match up to get a meeting.

We asked them. They said no. That's all I was told.

With both schools facing scheduling issues, Richlands/Bluefield looks like a perfect fit.

Wonder why it hasnt happened?

The ball is is Coach Simons court.

You were told wrong or didn't get the whole story. The only no scenario would have been not being able to match weeks. They'd have taken Richlands in a heartbeat. They were calling schools in the NRV they were so desperate. They almost had a 9 game schedule.

well, i guess we both heard or told different things........ i guess let it go..............not gonna happen anyway,,until consolidation...maybe..:cool:

Clintwood has and would again. They'd much rather have gone to Richlands for a game than to BFE Grayson, BFE KY, or some of the schools in TN they've had to get. Lots of things have to match up to get a meeting.

guess we're on the same :)page...............

well, i guess we both heard or told different things........ i guess let it go..............not gonna happen anyway,,until consolidation...maybe..:cool:

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it. I was just told by the best source ever what he was told.

They'd have taken Richlands in a heartbeat. They were calling schools in the NRV they were so desperate. They almost had a 9 game schedule.

Welcome to the situation Haysi was in from '02-'08. Larger schools are afraid they will get beat and smaller schools know they will get beat. In '02 Haysi played a 9 game schedule and for a couple of years had to play 3 games in 9 days to get 10 games in. I cant remember exactly but I think it was a game on tursday monday and friday(the competition wasnt very good but still).

I was told everyone on the schedule this yr had agreed all ready to play except union grundy is taking Pulaski spot and they are trying bluefield for Patrick co but the problem there is wv schools start games a week earlier and that makes it a little hard to work out va high is the alternative right now like it or not nobody thinks union will drop but east side or central is a possible fit for that game also Grundy will be the last game as for this week blues by 3 td

Richlands has tried to get eastern Tenn teams to play on their schedule is a fallacy. Richlands doesnt want to play these teams because of the outcome. If Gate City, Union, Lee and Virginia High can get games out of that area then why cant Richlands? Simple....outcome!!!!! The gate money is there for both teams.

I understand you have your source, but don't believe everything your told. Unless your source can walk on water, Im not buying it!!!!

My blood bleeds blue, but my eyes are not blind.

Richlands has tried to get eastern Tenn teams to play on their schedule is a fallacy. Richlands doesnt want to play these teams because of the outcome. If Gate City, Union, Lee and Virginia High can get games out of that area then why cant Richlands? Simple....outcome!!!!! The gate money is there for both teams.

I understand you have your source, but don't believe everything your told. Unless your source can walk on water, Im not buying it!!!!

My blood bleeds blue, but my eyes are not blind.

I bleed blue. I am not blind. And my source knows. I promise you.

We have tried. Don't always believe what you hear.

Guest king kone
That's all i will say about this scheduling stuff we have been through this over and over. This thread is about the Honaker and Richlands game anyway. Sorry i strayed off, didn't mean too
Yep....here we go again....

Didn't Coach Simon say last year in the BDT that he wanted to play Richlands. I think the ball is really in Richlands court than Bluefield's court. I think a Clintwood/Richlands game would be a lot like the Union/Richlands game.

Just depending on how far Richlands wants to travel, I've heard Harlan County KY is wanting some tougher competition. Would be hard to get any WV competition because Bluefield has a hard time getting anybody to play them and very few quality teams on this end of WV. I don't know what to say about some of the local TN teams.

Ryan i'd take back the comments about the East Tn schools. They are in the works on getting a couple games against some of those schools. Richlands schedule next could shape up to be interesting.

I'm just passing along what my source had last heard. I believe in him more than I believe in myself most of the time. So I'll keep with his word. Lol.

Stop drinking the purple koolaide. Do you really believe East TN teams do not want to play Richlands? Really?............ Really? Truth is we don't want to play them!!!!!! Like I said before if Va high, gate city, lee and union can get those games, why can't we?

Give a better answer than we have tried and Mance said they don't want to play us. Stay away from the purple koolaide.

Stop drinking the purple koolaide. Do you really believe East TN teams do not want to play Richlands? Really?............ Really? Truth is we don't want to play them!!!!!! Like I said before if Va high, gate city, lee and union can get those games, why can't we?

Give a better answer than we have tried and Mance said they don't want to play us. Stay away from the purple koolaide.

Purple? Really? In any case, you're gonna believe what you think, and I'll believe what I know. Just leave it at that. Pretty clear we won't change the others view/opinion. We're beating a dead horse and I'm done with it.