Honaker at Richlands

Ryan4VT

Purple? Really? In any case, you're gonna believe what you think, and I'll believe what I know. Just leave it at that. Pretty clear we won't change the others view/opinion. We're beating a dead horse and I'm done with it.

I know for a fact that we have tried to schedule Tenn High, Sullivan East, North & South. As far as Bennett goes, i dont know. But yes you are right, we have tried. And as far as the Roanoke teams, we have tried Christiansburg, Northside and Blacksburg, that i know of. No they are not afraid of us, they already play a hard schedule, so im guessing that's why they dont want to drive up here. Hopefully the next season or two, we will not only have Bluefield, but at least one NE Tennessee team on the schedule.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing Richlands play Lebanon again, I always enjoyed that game. I know for a certain period of time we played Clintwood, I can't remember which year it was but I know we did play them when Justin Hamilton was their stud at running back.

I wouldn't mind seeing Richlands play Lebanon again, I always enjoyed that game. I know for a certain period of time we played Clintwood, I can't remember which year it was but I know we did play them when Justin Hamilton was their stud at running back.

They are in our district starting next year.

I know for a fact that we have tried to schedule Tenn High, Sullivan East, North & South. As far as Bennett goes, i dont know. But yes you are right, we have tried. And as far as the Roanoke teams, we have tried Christiansburg, Northside and Blacksburg, that i know of. No they are not afraid of us, they already play a hard schedule, so im guessing that's why they dont want to drive up here. Hopefully the next season or two, we will not only have Bluefield, but at least one NE Tennessee team on the schedule.

Be careful. You'll get accused of drinking "purple kookaid"

Ryan when did you become a Twin Valley fan, LoL

I must have feel asleep and the "BLUES" changed their colors....lol You need to stay out of that purple Kool-aid Ryan.......lol

Guess I didn't get the memo on the color change. :-/

Got some great news today. This is how next year looks.

100% for sure games:

Tazewell

Lebanon

Abingdon

Graham

Gate City

Bluefield

Virginia High

Teams we have signed a contract and thy have committed and we are just waiting for their signature back:

Union

Marion

Lord Botetourt

I'll have more info by 6 and I'll put it up.

100% for sure games:

Tazewell

Lebanon

Abingdon

Graham

Gate City

Bluefield

Virginia High

Teams we have signed a contract and thy have committed and we are just waiting for their signature back:

Union

Marion

Lord Botetourt

hopefully Marion dont sign haha

hopefully Marion dont sign haha

The crazy part is that there's no Honaker. I know Coach Hubbard told Mance after the game last year he was done playing us, but I didn't believe it. Lol.

The crazy part is that there's no Honaker. I know Coach Hubbard told Mance after the game last year he was done playing us, but I didn't believe it. Lol.

nothing against richlands.... Marion cant beat you guys its like beating a dead horse it gets old to watch and hear about every year

nothing against richlands.... Marion cant beat you guys its like beating a dead horse it gets old to watch and hear about every year

It's all good. I think you guys are a much better fit in the Hogo anyways.

Honaker just got by Lebanon and Eastside. Honaker is not that good. Slow and big like always. qb can throw the ball around, but any good pass defense will make his life rough. richlands, though not as good as past teams but still good enough to beat honaker by 35 pts

100% for sure games:

Tazewell

Lebanon

Abingdon

Graham

Gate City

Bluefield

Virginia High

Union

Marion

Lord Botetourt

Ok. Just got word that Grundy is the other signature we are waiting in. If one of those three back out, Botetourt is the backup.

Be careful. You'll get accused of drinking "purple kookaid"

Clearly you are not through with it and had to give reference to my take on the scheduling and my "purple Koolaid" innuendo. Thanks for giving my post your faithfull attention. I'm having a glass of purple koolaid now in your honor for your devotion and clarification of why none of the powerhouse teams in an hour and a half distance of us want to add them to their schedule. But, weaker teams two hours out are willing to rise to the occasion.

Make no mistake I love the Blues, but I do get rather tired of playing teams that year in and out we blow the doors off of. I think we have become prey to a 30 something consecutive "REGULAR SEASON" winning streak to lose sight of the bigger prize of a state championship.

I prefer the quality of a winning record rather than the quanity of wins.

Still trying to wrap my head around your comment "what you know verses what I think" and maybe another glass of the fine purple koolaid will help me understand. What AD would turn down a Richlands gate during these tight economic days? All of these schools I speak of must have deeper pockets than all of the single A schools we play, because the way you tell it is these are the only teams in a hundred mile area that want to play us.

No hard feelings Ryan, but I'm not all giddy about next years schedule. The only Litmus test to this years schedule was Pulaski and we lost. Don't throw Union out there....take away the 3-4 turnovers and 150 yards in penalties and that should not have been a close game.

I'm a fan and a graduate of Richlands, I just dont get all jolly beating up on weaker teams and I do understand some of those games we have to put on our schedule, but we can do a better job of getting some quality teams to play.

Maybe you can set an example by trying a harder drink like Capri-sun and Richlands could follow by trying to get a stronger team like Science Hill on ourr schedule.

No need to get your feelings hurt its only a healthy debate.

Ryan, have a good afternoon and another glass of "PURPLE KOOLAID".