FB UPDATES Friday 9-28-2012

trublue

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to fight bulldogs ! nothing against Lebanon, i just really was pulling for the dogs to get a win. It sounds like they are making strides, if they keep fighting and improving and this coach stay around, they will get that win soon.

Lebanon 7, Tazewell 0 HALF - joewalker00 VA Preps

WVVASPORTS‏@WVVASPORTS

Summers 13, Covington 0 at half

Jim Sacco‏@Sacco_BHCSports

John Battle band headed to Macy's Turkey Day parade?

Great State

Just a side note about Battle, we've got 5 band members going to march in the Macy's Day Parade this year. Congrats to those guys and congrats to the Trojans for getting that monkey off their back by beating Abingdon. They played really solid ball tonight (btw, the refs in that game were horrible for both teams....could've got some kids hurt, like Abingdon's qb).

Oh wow. That's impressive

Thank you, gentlemen.

Could have been a whole lot worse. Well, maybe. Bluefield's last two scores were both interception returns for touchdowns. They were up 49-21 when those two happened, but they really throttled back after that.

This Bluefield team clearly has an explosive offense. Only had 36 plays on offense for something like 420+ yards of total offense. Gate City ran 60-some plays (66??). The first GC touchdown was apparently a kick return, so their offense scored 14 points out of those 60-some plays.

Edited by BeaverHokie
Edit? What?

Our special teams has been hurting us this year. Charlotte Latin returned the opening kickoff for a TD last week if i'm not mistaken.

You are not mistaken and it looked like an instant replay to me. Both went down the home side line to the house. De ja vue all over again as Yogi Berra says. That bunched kick off that the Beavers use leaves them vulnerable to a return unless the kicker can really "place" the ball where it needs to go.

You are not mistaken and it looked like an instant replay to me. Both went down the home side line to the house. De ja vue all over again as Yogi Berra says. That bunched kick off that the Beavers use leaves them vulnerable to a return unless the kicker can really "place" the ball where it needs to go.

Don't know why Simon is so determined to keep using it. Seems to be a nightmare...bet we've given up more kickoff returns for touchdowns already than we have in an entire year. And even when they don't run it all the way back, have had a lot make it over the 50 yard line.

Kind of explains why he repeatedly used the onside kick against Princeton (I think that was it). Better to give up the ball at the 45 or midfield each time.

Just a side note about Battle, we've got 5 band members going to march in the Macy's Day Parade this year. Congrats to those guys and congrats to the Trojans for getting that monkey off their back by beating Abingdon. They played really solid ball tonight (btw, the refs in that game were horrible for both teams....could've got some kids hurt, like Abingdon's qb).

I thought that the refs did a good a job on this one. Unless I missed something, I thought they did rather well. There was one call they were unsure of, they talked it over, and got it right in the end. Maybe I missed something somewhere in this game, but nothing stands out that made me thought these guys did a bad game calling this one.

I thought that the refs did a good a job on this one. Unless I missed something, I thought they did rather well. There was one call they were unsure of, they talked it over, and got it right in the end. Maybe I missed something somewhere in this game, but nothing stands out that made me thought these guys did a bad game calling this one.

Over the whole game, they were good. But at one point they lost their marbles. I'm not saying this because it would have given Battle an advantage or anything, just that it could have ended up getting one of your guys hurt. There was one play (in the second half I believe) where Abingdon's qb slipped and fell to one knee after catching the snap. The ref just stood there staring at him, not blowing his whistle, until right when one of our guys tackled him as he was trying to get back up. We got a late hit penalty, but the ref should have blown his whistle right away, kid could have got hurt there. And I think the next play (or one after that) one of the Falcons fumbled the ball, but this time the ref blew the whistle before he was stopped or hit the ground (just jumped the gun on that one). There were a few little things like that for both sides. In the end I believe each team had only 3 penalties (JSB had 5 more yards in penalties than AHS).