Medicare or Coal?

face-n-dacrowd

I'm just an ole country boy and catch the news on occasionally but do happen to see a tv ad every now and then. One Ad talks about coal business will suffer if Obama is elected and the other speaks of Romney changing medicare and social security system for a voucher system? Don't know how the voucher system would work? Like I say fellers, I'm just an ole country boy and I am just trying to figure out who to vote for. lol Any help on this? Thanks

I'm just an ole country boy and catch the news on occasionally but do happen to see a tv ad every now and then. One Ad talks about coal business will suffer if Obama is elected and the other speaks of Romney changing medicare and social security system for a voucher system? Don't know how the voucher system would work? Like I say fellers, I'm just an ole country boy and I am just trying to figure out who to vote for. lol Any help on this? Thanks

As for Medicare, Part A is the part of Medicare that has the bleakest outlook. Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, nursing facilities, hospice care, and home health care. The other parts of Medicare have a better long-term outlook, though the costs will rise rapidly with the baby boomer generation getting older. Part A will become insolvent between 2016 (Conservative estimate) or 2024 (Liberal estimate). That doesn't mean that Part A will cease to exist: revenues from Medicare would continue to fund the majority of Part A for long into the future. It would just have to be scaled back.

Romney's plan would allow seniors to buy from private insurance providers or through a Medicare insurance program. As one UNC professor puts it: "It would have a projected shortfall in the hospital trust fund and you would need to make changes to address that shortfall...But Medicare would still have most of the necessary funds to pay those expenses, and other parts of the program would be unaffected. Medicare won't go bankrupt in the literal sense in 2016 or 2024 or 2064 -- or ever."

So, what Romney's voucher plan seeks to do is to trim some of the government fat as part of a program of changes to shore up our deficit as much as possible. It would force America to scale back Medicare to (1) still maintain a high level of care for seniors while (2) controlling the runaway spending that's hurting Medicare Part A. But in no way would it go bankrupt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, I will let this article from U.S. News do the talking about Obama's EPA:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/on-energy/2012/08/23/the-real-reason-obamas-epa-targets-oil-coal-and-natural-gas

Mom and dad keep arguing over the election. Dad said that Obama wins easily. He is a better speaker and has better programs. Mom told him that he would shut down the coal industry and dad said that coal never helped washington county, no mines here. He said those counties need to get off their addiction of coal and get an education?

Mom and dad keep arguing over the election. Dad said that Obama wins easily. He is a better speaker and has better programs. Mom told him that he would shut down the coal industry and dad said that coal never helped washington county, no mines here. He said those counties need to get off their addiction of coal and get an education?

you are joke kid

Do the research, I have been checked out numerous times and proved to be from the greatest town in Virginia: Abingdon. I do exist and Falconman is my best friend. He and I do not apologize for who we are or where we are from. Dad said to always be who you are and not be false. Now back to the topic, I think that if Obama wins that football will get better here because people will come here for work. Just a thought:)

PS: Stripes is real too

Do the research, I have been checked out numerous times and proved to be from the greatest town in Virginia: Abingdon. I do exist and Falconman is my best friend. He and I do not apologize for who we are or where we are from. Dad said to always be who you are and not be false. Now back to the topic, I think that if Obama wins that football will get better here because people will come here for work. Just a thought:)

PS: Stripes is real too

Wow, okay. Your dad is right, to be who you are, that's the first thing that's been spoken from him that's true. As far as the Obama thing, NO. NO NO NO.

obamma is 4 the poor ppl

Lol, idk what you are smoking but it should be illegal. Obama is for people being dependent on the government which gives the government control. All obama has done is cut defense funding, printed more money (stimulus) which bring the value of the dollar down, bring the number of people in the work force to its lowest point in over 30 years, and added over 5 trillion dollars to the deficit. There's more btw but if that doesn't begin to give you a clue what obama is about then I doubt stating more facts will help.

obamma is 4 the poor ppl

In comparison to Romney, yes.

But how is Obama "for" poor people?

Does he want to make sure the working class have jobs, are self relient and able to provide for themselves?

Or does he want to house those who choose not to work, provide medical care for those same people, and make the working class dependent on the government?

there is a big difference in the two

Im all for help form those in need and taxing the wealthy to invest in the future of this country but I am against handouts for those who choose not to work. That, combined with my belief that Romney has a better economic plan is why im not going to vote for Obama