I'm going to prison and I've never been more excited.

First off, I am not going to prison to stay, I am going on a Kairos walk. Ever heard of it?

Kairos is a nation wide, prison ministry foundation that spreads the word of God to those incarcerated. I am teaming up with 30 others, most from the Roanoke area, and we will be making a trip to the Pocahontas Correctional Center on November 1-4. Most of the team have people fill up totes with cookies for the inmates.

The motto of our walk is to "Listen, listen, love love." Believe it or not, the one thing the inmates have hardly ever had is someone there to just listen to them. Some of the inmates go to Kairos just for the cookies or just to get out of the yard for a few hours but most will walk away with marvelous spirits after the weekend.

I have never heard of Kairos until my Dad brought it up to me and asked me if I wanted to attend. I gladly accepted. I am mainly writing this post to share what I think is an unknown thing that is going on in our country. Maybe some of you have heard about this, I don't know but I thought it would be worth it to at least share.

Lastly, I just ask you to pray for the team and the inmates for next weekend that God will speak to them in way they could never imagine. I also ask for prayers for our safety as we are going into Satan's backyard, a prison.

If anyone would like to go on a walk just PM me and I'll see what I can do. It is a truly remarkable thing that is happening. You can also look more into it at www.kairosprisonministry.org

"I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." -Matthew 25:36

Stepping out in God's love, coupled with your faith will be a blessing to you as well as the prisoners. Thank you for your willingness and obedience to Christ command.

"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4 NIV

Life has many choices---eternity two