any polls showing how Morgan Griffith is doing?

Lance

The 9th is not rated as a competitive district and I doubt any public polling has been done for several months, There may have been some private surveys done- but probably very few of those. Polling is expensive and unless a district is in play you don't get much money.

Griffith will win. Flaccavento has ran one of the least inspired campaign's I've ever seen, reminiscent of many Republican challengers to Boucher in the 90s.

http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/category/2012-house/

I really haven't seen anything that shows people would want to vote for him. Other than those die hard democrats that only vote one way I really havent seen much support for him.

I tell you what...I don't like Morgan Griffith. He is a total do-nothing. One of my friends is a die hard right winger type and i told him if he could name one thing Griffith has done for this area since he got in there...just one thing...i'd vote for him...and the guy couldn't name a thing.

After the tornados that destroyed things along the exit 24-32 area on I-81, Griffith couldn't get anything done. He wrote letters. That's it.

He likes to tag his name on to things other people introduce and say he "helped push" them through...but, he's not come up with anything on his own or even co-written anything that he had a direct input on, at least not that I can find.

Griffith doesn't even live here or care about this area...he's a Roanoke boy and that's where he stays. I saw him here once and that was when he was over in Grundy and Hurley begging for votes the last time...after that, and I followed him on Facebook and his website just to see what he did, as I was a bit curious how a new guy would work after Boucher was around for so long....after that though i saw a lot of pics and articles about all the stuff he was doing out near Roanoke and C-Burg...but that's as far West as it goes with Griffith.

If you ever want a good laugh, go to youtube and watch some Morgan Griffith videos...the guy is an absolute joke.

The other guy is at least a local guy, but from what i can tell he's a total moron...i watched the debate at Tazewell online the other day and it was like dueling idiots. I'll vote for Griffith because I think he's actually better than the other guy...but, that in itself is a very, very, sad statement.

Get Donnie Ratliff or someone who has a clue to run or something...the ones we have now are a two man idiot convention.

I agree with UVAObserver about Flaccavento's uninspired campaigns similar to those of others who ran against Boucher in the past. I did catch part of one debate on a replay on Channel 5 or 11 late one night after the news. I was a little impressed with Flaccavento with what little I saw. He seemed well spoken, but even he admitted he has no true political experience and if elected it would be a learning process for him. I have spoken to some who know him and he is well received by those as someone who helped a lot of farmers transition to other crops as the tobacco market was basically bought out.

During that debate, I do think Griffith made reference to one bill he co-wrote with a Democrat from North Carolina, but I cant say that for sure. As for the debate itself, Flaccavento didnt really say much to seperate himself from Griffith to be honest.

I agree with UVAObserver about Flaccavento's uninspired campaigns similar to those of others who ran against Boucher in the past. I did catch part of one debate on a replay on Channel 5 or 11 late one night after the news. I was a little impressed with Flaccavento with what little I saw. He seemed well spoken, but even he admitted he has no true political experience and if elected it would be a learning process for him. I have spoken to some who know him and he is well received by those as someone who helped a lot of farmers transition to other crops as the tobacco market was basically bought out.

During that debate, I do think Griffith made reference to one bill he co-wrote with a Democrat from North Carolina, but I cant say that for sure. As for the debate itself, Flaccavento didnt really say much to seperate himself from Griffith to be honest.

i thought they both looked bad and were just re-hashing the talk point from the previous presidential debates, which were all party oriented...and it made them look like talking heads.

I tell you what...I don't like Morgan Griffith. He is a total do-nothing. One of my friends is a die hard right winger type and i told him if he could name one thing Griffith has done for this area since he got in there...just one thing...i'd vote for him...and the guy couldn't name a thing.

After the tornados that destroyed things along the exit 24-32 area on I-81, Griffith couldn't get anything done. He wrote letters. That's it.

He likes to tag his name on to things other people introduce and say he "helped push" them through...but, he's not come up with anything on his own or even co-written anything that he had a direct input on, at least not that I can find.

Griffith doesn't even live here or care about this area...he's a Roanoke boy and that's where he stays. I saw him here once and that was when he was over in Grundy and Hurley begging for votes the last time...after that, and I followed him on Facebook and his website just to see what he did, as I was a bit curious how a new guy would work after Boucher was around for so long....after that though i saw a lot of pics and articles about all the stuff he was doing out near Roanoke and C-Burg...but that's as far West as it goes with Griffith.

If you ever want a good laugh, go to youtube and watch some Morgan Griffith videos...the guy is an absolute joke.

The other guy is at least a local guy, but from what i can tell he's a total moron...i watched the debate at Tazewell online the other day and it was like dueling idiots. I'll vote for Griffith because I think he's actually better than the other guy...but, that in itself is a very, very, sad statement.

Get Donnie Ratliff or someone who has a clue to run or something...the ones we have now are a two man idiot convention.

Get used to being represented by someone from Roanoke. The gerrymandering of districts in Virginia hasn't come close to the ridiculous extreme that is possible, although the General Assembly is closing in on it. And the western end of the Commonwealth is likely to receive the shaft for a long time yet to come.

If the 9th continues to lose population expect either Bath and Rockbridge etc. or Franklin and Martinsville to be added the next census. You will probably see neither Goodlatte or Hurt put in the 9th District unless major changes occur in the legislature- providing they are still in office.

If the 9th continues to lose population expect either Bath and Rockbridge etc. or Franklin and Martinsville to be added the next census. You will probably see neither Goodlatte or Hurt put in the 9th District unless major changes occur in the legislature- providing they are still in office.

I concur. I would expect Goodlatte's district to skew eastward and Hurt's to move east by southeast in the next round of reapportionment.

Disturbing (to me, at least) is that the 9th has been steadily creeping northward. What I didn't say in my previous post is that eventually folks in Southwest Virginia may be choosing between one candidate from Roanoke and another candidate from Loudon County to represent them in Congress.

"Disturbing (to me, at least) is that the 9th has been steadily creeping northward. What I didn't say in my previous post is that eventually folks in Southwest Virginia may be choosing between one candidate from Roanoke and another candidate from Loudon County to represent them in Congress."

You are right on target. Hurt's opponent is from Fauqier. Amazing that the 5th would already stretch that far. When I started hearing about politics and started taking an interest in it in the late 50's- SWVA from Roanoke to Cumberland Gap had 13 or 14 members in the House of Delegates- now we have half of that.