Don't know about you folks, but...

ISOaPBR

The more things change, the more they stay the same?

P.S. I'm not insinuating that all red states still equal slave states and are racist. Just a pretty neat graphic...

That's interesting, but I have two thoughts. One, this ignores some elections and party ideological shifts that buck this trend (Reagan's two elections and the Democrat-Republican flip in the South, for example). Two, I think it's a cultural divide. There's always been one; it was the main reason for the Civil War. I think it's just going to become firmly entrenched from here.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this, I may as well chime in.

Some thoughts from reading the posts in this thread:

* The election was there for the republicans' taking. Obama got 10 million fewer votes this time around. TEN MILLION. That's not surprising. Other than Hispanics, no where was Obama going to make gains from 08. Blacks? Lost some for his 'evolution' toward being in favor of gay marriage. Catholics? Contraception mandate. Kids who think it's cool to screw in pools of vomit/beer? Out of work. Hispanics? highest unemployment rate in the nation, but pandered to them with amnesty. All conservatives had to do was show up, and we didn't. We had a higher turnout in 04 and 08. That's the surprising part. And quite pathetic.

* I don't know a thing about Mormons, but Romney leads a Christ-like life if you look at what that term means.

* Yes, the U.S. is a republic. Not a democracy.

* Shut up Deuce. Sarcasm in the hands of a goober is an empty gun.

* Conservatives need to reach out to hispanics, true, but even more so to black america. Their values identify overwhelmingly with those of conservatives, and they voted overwhelmingly Republican until FDR. One thing Obama failed miserably at as our first black president is even making an attempt to strengthen the black family. But then if he did, there goes his party's base.

* The county-by-county 'heat map' - cities decide the fate of the country. Two obvious reasons as to why.

* Chris Christie? Dude? I don't know what you were thinking, but you sure knew. I hope you got my e-mail.

*ABC, NBC, CBS – I vowed never to tune into your broadcasts again, unless there's a game on. I hope you got my e-mail.

* Was Hurricane Sandy a true Act of God? First, history has shown that bad things tend to happen to nations who turn their back on Israel.

Second, nobody overcomes a 7-point gap in the final week of an election, unless NBC news shows that you look good walking through rubble with an Air Force 1 bomber jacket on, holding hands with a fat republican governor while romantic music plays in the background.

Put the two together. No storm, Obama loses. Yes storm, Obama wins, America pays the price.

TECO coal is having meetings at all operations. Not good news so far. I hope I have a job in the A.M.:( Didn't waste any time.

I'm sorry man. Hope you still have a job too. Someone earlier made light of the situation and said there has been no suffering because of the election in 2008 and 2012. I'm sure you'll disagree, as did I and others.

Edited by blueinbama

We should start a club.

I made that vow myself after the second debate, when CNN and NBC morphed into Democrat SuperPACs.

I'm in. I very rarely watch network TV anymore, and haven't actually had much to watch on either of the three networks besides sports. I watch a lot of A&E, History Channel, Fox, ESPN, etc. The major networks are dead to me outside of sports.

I'm in. I very rarely watch network TV anymore, and haven't actually had much to watch on either of the three networks besides sports. I watch a lot of A&E, History Channel, Fox, ESPN, etc. The major networks are dead to me outside of sports.

Let em know. It'll probably wind up in the trash, but let em know. They've done a grave disservice to the country the last 5 years and there is nothing we can do about it but to avoid their programming and the companies who sponsor them.

The unemployment line just got longer. TECO kept only 20 men between 3 jobs in Hurley and their hours were cut back to 40 hours only. The truckers can haul coal until the stockpiles are full and then..................

The unemployment line just got longer. TECO kept only 20 men between 3 jobs in Hurley and their hours were cut back to 40 hours only. The truckers can haul coal until the stockpiles are full and then..................

Were you one of those who lost his job?

A lot of good men and women in the Hurley,Grundy,Phelps,Mouthcard area lost their job today. Looks to be 3-5 months before the thought of anybody be called back.

John Teco has there eggs heavily in the met coal basket and the market is getting glutted domesticaly and with limited port space the export of Coal is just" you can move what you have room to move". The export market is there it's just getting it From point A to B.(No new ports either cant get permits)

Let's hope for an old fashion winter that could help with the steam market and maybe get some people back to work on a bright note a couple of jobs are getting ready to start back up in Pike Co (150 people) thats the only good news I've heard in a while. My job is Idle had some prospects of new owners which went out the door when the votes where counted Tuesday night. It's going to be hard to attract investors who are willing to make a commitment to something that are goverment wants to abolish it seems. Race Fork has been solid as a rock over the years and I pray the reduction in force is only a temorary thing and everyone gets back to work soon. Everyone asked for a bailout except Coal all we asked for was to let us work it's so un american whats happened to this industry and before any Coal Haters start hollering it's market driven not political your wrong because we have a anti coal President thats driving the bus and I'm sure if you could see into there so called Blind trust youd see them invested to the teeth in Natural gas. God bless everybody and I hope and pray for better times for all of us.

Some good eye candy on Fox News. Made the crushing defeat a little more palatable.

Megyn Kelly > Wolf Blitzer.

Unless you're so inclined.

And you're not.

The name Wolf Blitzer sounds way too Nazi for me. I'd take Megyn Kelly in a heartbeat!

Nope, don't watch FOX either. You missed my earlier post.

If you don't watch Fox News and buy into it then you really don't deserve to have an opinion. Aside from Sunday morning sermon, Fox News is the only other way to obtain unbiased news about politics or really any matter.

If you don't watch Fox News and buy into it then you really don't deserve to have an opinion. Aside from Sunday morning sermon, Fox News is the only other way to obtain unbiased news about politics or really any matter.

Ever heard of a blog, moron?

Wait Deuces, what about your friends Chris Matthews, and the beautiful Rachel (if I looked any more like a man they would circumcise me) Maddow? Doesn't their opinion reflect everyone's in America? Matthews said a few days ago he was thankful for Hurricane Sandy because it likely was the distraction needed to get your guy elected...to hell with the people who were killed. Not to mention the blatant ignoring of Benghazi before the disaster on the east coast. I know you're proud.

Edited by blueinbama

Wait Deuces, what about your friends Chris Matthews, and the beautiful Rachel (if I looked any more like a man they would circumcise me) Maddow? Doesn't their opinion reflect everyone's in America? Matthews said a few days ago he was thankful for Hurricane Sandy because it likely was the distraction needed to get your guy elected...to hell with the people who were killed. Not to mention the blatant ignoring of Benghazi before the disaster on the east coast. I know you're proud.

What are you talking about?? These liberal tree hugging nut jobs are NOT MY FRIENDS! Rachel Maddow probably IS circumcized! HIGH FIVE.

I've already stated my position on Benghazi! Obama ordered those people to die because he's a terrorist and hates freedom! He didn't think the AMERICAN PEOPLE would learn about his little mishap and WE DID but we STILL ELECTED HIM. We need God more now than ever. The only disaster I know of on the east coast was all the BLUE STATES on TUESDAY!!

I'm UVAObserver, and I approve this message, because I believe that no one should have to choose a Nazi.

CNN! CENTRAL NAZI NETWORK!

Anderson Cooper likes men. Wolf Blitzer hates Jews. And everyone else there is a liberal puppet. I sued COMCAST FOR EVEN HAVING IT!