Don't know about you folks, but...

ISOaPBR

If it had been a Cain-Rubio ticket...you would still have the left leaning media blaming them for being an "Uncle Tom" and a Mormon turned Catholic Latino being mentioned in virtually every sound bite.

I think Rubio should have been Romney's mate...Ryan, a great communicator just didn't bring the same dynamics to the ticket that Rubio would have.

However, that being said, I'm with BinBama on this ...there has to be "give and take" on both sides or ....well...it will truly be a sad state of affairs for this country, the economy, our allies and our future generations, if not.

Trillions and trillions of dollars in debt just doesn't fade away...there has to be sound reasoning from both parties on a solution...sadly, I don't just don't know if it will happen.

The country evidenced by the vote last night...is split 50/50...where will it take us in the next four years???

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only been conservative for a few hours so forgive me for not getting everything right. I thought we were a little itchy around blacks, but I see now that we like certain ones. That's cool. I know a black guy named Arnie who works at the Shell down the street. I'll like him, then.

Also, WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS TELL ME THE BROWN CHICK ON FOX NEWS WAS SO FINE!?? Rachel Maddow looks like a transgender baboon! This chick is totally gorgeous. I've been missing out! The grass really is greener!!

Lastly, can anyone tell me how the NASCAR points system works? SO there's like ... a playoff or something? Points??

My guess is that it's not going to be as bad as those who are anti-Obama want us to think, or as good as Democrats want us to think. That's the way it usually works out.

No one wants to hear this right now because you've convinced yourselves otherwise, but I believe Barack Obama has the best interests of America in mind when he acts. I'm at least that optimistic. Same with John Boehner. Same with Nancy Pelosi. Same with ___________, fill in the blank. It seems as though we need to re-calibrate our thought processes with this fundamental truth in mind, and work from there. If anything, it would make our discourse a bit more civil.

Eye-opening map--the will of the people?

http://blogs.christianpost.com/disciple/electoral-college-vs-the-people-12959/

Life has many choices---eternity two

Obama won the popular vote too... (http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/results/race/president)

That map would be meaningful if every county had equal population. But I think we all know that's not true.

I saw this earlier today. Unbelievable.

SAW THIS TODAY!

All counties are equal in population right? HOW DID HE WIN AGAIN?

The electoral college has GOT TO GO if we want our nation back in God's hands.

Simply put.

Al Gore and the Democrats said the same thing in 2000.

YEAH AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!

They lost to probably the best president we've ever known.

We went undefeated in all the wars under Bush! AL GORE CAN'T BEAT BAD WEATHER!

My guess is that it's not going to be as bad as those who are anti-Obama want us to think, or as good as Democrats want us to think. That's the way it usually works out.

No one wants to hear this right now because you've convinced yourselves otherwise, but I believe Barack Obama has the best interests of America in mind when he acts. I'm at least that optimistic. Same with John Boehner. Same with Nancy Pelosi. Same with ___________, fill in the blank. It seems as though we need to re-calibrate our thought processes with this fundamental truth in mind, and work from there. If anything, it would make our discourse a bit more civil.

I disagree. I would tell you why, but it would only fall on deaf ears. But I will say this: I have become even more painfully aware these past four years that there are deep fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives. Obviously our country is much different today than it was even a short 12 years ago. If the Republican party is going to survive, it will have to reach out to the conservative Hispanic community. They totally missed the mark with Hispanics this time around. That can't happen again if conservatives have even an outside chance of recapturing the White House.

I disagree. I would tell you why, but it would only fall on deaf ears. But I will say this: I have become even more painfully aware these past four years that there are deep fundamental differences between liberals and conservatives.

Please, drop the patronizing tone and explain to little ol' me why you disagree. I promise I'm listening. I always listen, unlike many, many others here.

Obviously our country is much different today than it was even a short 12 years ago.

And many of those differences can be traced back to one day: 9/11/2001. In response to 9/11, we became involved in a couple wars that cost a lot of money.

If the Republican party is going to survive, it will have to reach out to the conservative Hispanic community. They totally missed the mark with Hispanics this time around. That can't happen again if conservatives have even an outside chance of recapturing the White House.

And so Republicans will have to soften their stance on immigration, what to do if "illegal" children are born here, etc. It goes far beyond the Hispanic community, too. In this election, there were gender gaps, racial gaps, income gaps, etc. Pretty much the only people who voted for the GOP were upper-middle class white males and coal country.

To say that some of our elected officials don't have the best interests of the country in mind is disappointing. I knew I would face opposition when I said that, and I hope you see soon that no one is out to get you. In fact, Obama and others in his party want the best for you, as much as they want the best for everyone else.

YEAH AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM!

They lost to probably the best president we've ever known.

We went undefeated in all the wars under Bush! AL GORE CAN'T BEAT BAD WEATHER!

Deuce...I hate to admit this , darn it, but you do "seem" intelligent :) or at the least, you can spell correctly!!! However, that being said, either you've hit the "juice" early today or your cat is ignoring you.

I think it's time to close the curtains, cover up with your blankie, turn on the night lite and take a "brain break." Rest always does wonders for hallucinations, ramblings and "fill in the blank" comedian impressions. :D

Check this out. These aren't my words, but words that should make us all sit up and realize this can certainly happen, and it can happen to the United States of America.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years." In short: The takers now outnumber (and so can outvote) the makers. And so, America's decline has begun in earnest. Now begins the rejoicing of those around the world who have so long envied and resented our freedom and success".

Legend 11, if the all elected officials have everyone's best interests at heart as you claim, explain this:

Valerie Jarrett, openly declared as “Obama’s Brain”, and the figure whose second story West Wing office has been described by political insiders as the true Oval Office of the Obama White House, is letting it be known that if Barack Obama secures election victory next week, there may be, quite literally, hell to pay for those who opposed him.

HERE NOW IS THE UPDATE WSI RECEIVED VIA A SOURCE FROM CHICAGO THIS MORNING:

A rep from Jarrett office was in today. She gave us a finish line pep talk and then afterwards, heard her saying how Jarrett is very excited about a 2nd term agenda and a big part of that agenda is to punish everyone who opposed them during the first term and the campaign. Strange that everything was “Ms. Jarrett wants this, and Ms. Jarrett is looking forward to that”. You hardly heard Obama’s name mentioned by her which I guess reinforces what people are saying. Valerie Jarrett really is the power in the White House. I know that when her representative showed up it was like royalty was visiting. All the big dogs were lined up to meet her and acting real friendly and they gave us a heads up an hour before and told us we better “put on a good show” while she was here.

The part that really stuck out to me was when I overheard the rep say that Jarrett told them, “After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.” She was talking directly to about three of them. Sr. staff. And she wasn’t trying to be quiet about it at all. And they were all listening and shaking their heads and smiling while she said it. Pretty creepy.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/11/01/valerie-jarret-after-we-win-this-election-its-our-turn-payback-time-wsi/

If that's having my best interests at heart, thanks, but NO THANKS.

Edited by blueinbama

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueinbama

If the Republican party is going to survive, it will have to reach out to the conservative Hispanic community. They totally missed the mark with Hispanics this time around. That can't happen again if conservatives have even an outside chance of recapturing the White House.

I don't know what more the Republicans can do to get the Hispanic vote. The GOP has more Hispanic's serving Congress than the Democrats. The GOP had several speak at the convention but it's like the GOP minorities doesn't count if your not a Democrat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueinbama

I don't know what more the Republicans can do to get the Hispanic vote. The GOP has more Hispanic's serving Congress than the Democrats. The GOP had several speak at the convention but it's like the GOP minorities doesn't count if your not a Democrat.

It's perception. Just like a lot of people here think only old rich white men make up the Republican party. If you believe that lie, what choice would you make? Republicans have to reach out and embrace the Hispanic community. They have done a very poor job of that. The Hispanic community is now and has always been predominantly conservative. The Republican party needs to reach out to the Hispanic community and make sure they know voting Republican is in line with their most basic values. It takes more than a few Hispanic politicians to change the mindset of an entire group of people.

Edited by blueinbama

The problem in my honest opnion is every person that identifies as either Liberal or Conservative and refuses to budge off of that position. The Conservatives are moving closer to the Tea Party extreme right because they have to be the opposite of the lazy Liberals. The Liberals move even farther left to counter the far right movement and because they have to be the exact opposite of the greedy conservatives.

We have put ourselves in this position, the only way out of tis mess is to work together; Conservatives, that means you are gonna have to budge on some issues(and encourage your represenatives to do so) and Liberals, youre gonna have to budge on some issues(and encourage your represenatives to do so). President Obama(even if you dont like him he is our President, show some respect) is gonna have to work wit the Republicans or this term will be just like the past 2 years and the Republicans are gonna have to work with him.

If we cant come to some middle ground then im afraid that this country has seen its best days and honestly that saddens me in ways I cant explain. I am an American patriot, I love this country and I want to see it prosper. Partisan politics wont make that happen.

Edited by redtiger

In response to the middle of your reply, what was our other option? Yes going to war is expensive, but do we sit back and watch these terrorists do the same thing to Chicago, LA and Atlanta? We can't remain a world power by allowing a small part of the world to kill thousands of our citizens, republican or democrat we're still Americans.

Like Bill O'Reilly said last night. We are changing as a country to more of the European model. Not sure that's so good. He said we are not the same nation JFK was referring to when he said ask not what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country. That's about an as accurate statement there is to sum it up.

Please, drop the patronizing tone and explain to little ol' me why you disagree. I promise I'm listening. I always listen, unlike many, many others here.

And many of those differences can be traced back to one day: 9/11/2001. In response to 9/11, we became involved in a couple wars that cost a lot of money.

And so Republicans will have to soften their stance on immigration, what to do if "illegal" children are born here, etc. It goes far beyond the Hispanic community, too. In this election, there were gender gaps, racial gaps, income gaps, etc. Pretty much the only people who voted for the GOP were upper-middle class white males and coal country.

To say that some of our elected officials don't have the best interests of the country in mind is disappointing. I knew I would face opposition when I said that, and I hope you see soon that no one is out to get you. In fact, Obama and others in his party want the best for you, as much as they want the best for everyone else.

This is the quote that I was referring to, I don't post enough to know how it all works.

Legend 11, if the all elected officials have everyone's best interests at heart as you claim, explain this:

Valerie Jarrett, openly declared as “Obama’s Brainâ€, and the figure whose second story West Wing office has been described by political insiders as the true Oval Office of the Obama White House, is letting it be known that if Barack Obama secures election victory next week, there may be, quite literally, hell to pay for those who opposed him.

HERE NOW IS THE UPDATE WSI RECEIVED VIA A SOURCE FROM CHICAGO THIS MORNING:

A rep from Jarrett office was in today. She gave us a finish line pep talk and then afterwards, heard her saying how Jarrett is very excited about a 2nd term agenda and a big part of that agenda is to punish everyone who opposed them during the first term and the campaign. Strange that everything was “Ms. Jarrett wants this, and Ms. Jarrett is looking forward to thatâ€. You hardly heard Obama’s name mentioned by her which I guess reinforces what people are saying. Valerie Jarrett really is the power in the White House. I know that when her representative showed up it was like royalty was visiting. All the big dogs were lined up to meet her and acting real friendly and they gave us a heads up an hour before and told us we better “put on a good show†while she was here.

The part that really stuck out to me was when I overheard the rep say that Jarrett told them, “After we win this election, it’s our turn. Payback time. Everyone not with us is against us and they better be ready because we don’t forget. The ones who helped us will be rewarded, the ones who opposed us will get what they deserve. There is going to be hell to pay. Congress won’t be a problem for us this time. No election to worry about after this is over and we have two judges ready to go.†She was talking directly to about three of them. Sr. staff. And she wasn’t trying to be quiet about it at all. And they were all listening and shaking their heads and smiling while she said it. Pretty creepy.

http://theulstermanreport.com/2012/11/01/valerie-jarret-after-we-win-this-election-its-our-turn-payback-time-wsi/

If that's having my best interests at heart, thanks, but NO THANKS.

Just to quibble, I said "elected officials". Valerie Jarret wasn't elected, she was appointed.

And sure, go ahead and take this as a concession that I can't prove that every politician appears to have the best interests of the nation in mind. I know that's what you want anyway, to "win" an argument. Any time someone says "every" they're bound to be wrong. Just the way it goes.

But I'm glad your determined to making sure everyone knows THE TRUTH(!) about everything that happens in the democratic party. Let me tell ya, you're doing us all a world of good. Then again, you're equally, if not a bigger part of the problem, right? You feel threatened, so you threaten, so who you threaten threatens back, etc. etc. etc. until we end up in the place we are today.