Petraeus vs the "Fiscal Cliff"

redtiger

Am I the only one concerned about how the scandal with Petraeus/Broadwell/Kelley/Allen is getting all of Congresses attention with the "Fiscal Cliff" looming?

Dont we have larger issues at the moment and since there is no proof that the affair was taking place while Petraeus was in the military isint this more of an issue for the spouses of the people involved?

Distractions are necessary, especially with this administration.

Just like a magician, while our eyes are focused on the left hand the right hand is performing the trick!

This IS by design! Petraeus is the pawn......

This President will do whatever is necessary to destroy our way of life . The country as we know it today will not exist in 4 years. Sadly, neither will the lifestyle we now enjoy.one should stock up on the necessities of life. IMHO

Just like a magician, while our eyes are focused on the left hand the right hand is performing the trick!

I would have a hard time even coming up with a conspiracy theory so absurd and foolish, let alone actually believing it.

tinfoil%2Bhat.jpg

Am I the only one concerned about how the scandal with Petraeus/Broadwell/Kelley/Allen is getting all of Congresses attention with the "Fiscal Cliff" looming?

Dont we have larger issues at the moment and since there is no proof that the affair was taking place while Petraeus was in the military isint this more of an issue for the spouses of the people involved?

I think the fiscal cliff is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overhyped.

Spending cuts + higher taxes is EXACTLY what this economy needs in the long run. Congress + Obama making efforts to avoid this is like a spoiled brat getting sicker and sicker because he doesn't like the taste of the cough syrup.

Spending cuts + higher taxes is EXACTLY what this economy needs in the long run. Congress + Obama making efforts to avoid this is like a spoiled brat getting sicker and sicker because he doesn't like the taste of the cough syrup.

Don't you know that Americans want the deficit to shrink without raising taxes or cutting benefits they get directly or indirectly from the government. We want everything but complain when there is a price.

As for the good general and his cronies, they seem to act like characters good Spanish Telenovella on Univison or Telemundo. I'm waiting to see which juicy detail comes next.

Edited by Hacker

There are proven facts that the Obama administration covered up what happened in Benghazi. If you don't see what the facts are telling you then you are either ignorant or willing to defend Obama no matter what. Or maybe you are both?

I agree but I would like the federal government to work something out instead of the changes being forced(which is how it seems to me). I want to see this country work together, not engage in a contest to prove who is the most stubborn.

My main point is OUR government is caught up in a juicy scandal and not doing its job imo.

bucfan64, could you explain how this is Obamas doing? Spending cuts and higher taxes arent exactly Obamas thing

Edited by redtiger

I agree but I would like the federal government to work something out instead of the changes being forced(which is how it seems to me). I want to see this country work together, not engage in a contest to prove who is the most stubborn.

My main point is OUR government is caught up in a juicy scandal and not doing its job imo.

bucfan64, could you explain how this is Obamas doing? Spending cuts and higher taxes arent exactly Obamas thing

Status quo for our government, no?

Definately. and it seems to be just fine to most of America. Thats what worries me.

Our president has just been elected to a 2nd term, our government has some tough decisions ahead, we are still in a recession, etc, etc and what is Congress worried about? How many good lookin women Mr Petraeus has sleep with.

pathetic if you ask me