J I Buton @ Honaker

OrangeStreak

Thought Burton was down a bit this year but havent heard alot about em!!! Any thoughts about this game?

Burton is a very good team...They have lost a great player though...Riley Maggard due to a shoulder injury... Burton can pass the ball well and have a good defense...

This should be a good game. I thought Burton was down from last year, but they're still really tough. It'll hurt pretty bad not having Maggard though. I look for Honaker to win this one, but it'll be close IMO (maybe even a shootout).

This is the worst JIB team in a decade or more. Their defense is terrible. Crowder is really good and if he's got time he can pick you apart. They're decimated with injuries too. Honaker should be able to score what they want so all they need to do is hold JIB's offense in check.

This is the worst JIB team in a decade or more. Their defense is terrible. Crowder is really good and if he's got time he can pick you apart. They're decimated with injuries too. Honaker should be able to score what they want so all they need to do is hold JIB's offense in check.

thats why i call them pesky.............................

I agree with Lunger...not one of the best Burton teams in the last 8 -10 years. Honaker faced a better Burton team last year in the playoffs. I'll give Burton a puncher's chance because Crowder is a good QB and when Miles is "feeling it" he can rack up some yards.

Honaker should wear Burton down and Ty Hall will keep them honest with his running/passing game.

Honaker 38

JI Burton 20

I agree with Lunger...not one of the best Burton teams in the last 8 -10 years. Honaker faced a better Burton team last year in the playoffs. I'll give Burton a puncher's chance because Crowder is a good QB and when Miles is "feeling it" he can rack up some yards.

Honaker should wear Burton down and Ty Hall will keep them honest with his running/passing game.

Honaker 38

JI Burton 20

I'm going to go with an upset here... Honaker has had too many good breaks go their way at their home place....Battle was beaten by turnovers ...Galax turned the ball over and aided the Tigers... So I'm going with J.I.Burton 27 -21...

Burton plays defense? I thought the mentality was "forget stopping the other team, let's just score more than they do!"

Burton plays defense? I thought the mentality was "forget stopping the other team, let's just score more than they do!"

Up until the last couple years they'd had one of the better defenses in the area. 6-7 years ago they were top notch. They've eroded badly the past 2-3.

I'm going to go with an upset here... Honaker has had too many good breaks go their way at their home place....Battle was beaten by turnovers ...Galax turned the ball over and aided the Tigers... So I'm going with J.I.Burton 27 -21...

Well. I see your point kinda there but isn't that part of the game? Forcing your opponents to make mistakes and then when they do, capitalize on those mistakes and turn them into points! You still have to have a good team to do this IMO. Honaker has done a good job of that in several games. Yeah some turnovers are gifts, but alot of turnovers are forced by the Defense and you still have to score points!

Up until the last couple years they'd had one of the better defenses in the area. 6-7 years ago they were top notch. They've eroded badly the past 2-3.

Yeah, you're right! I think Honaker played them about 3 years ago, maybe four and they had a heck of a Defense and well a heck of an offense too... I think they blew us out to the tune of 3? - 0, that was bad night!

Well. I see your point kinda there but isn't that part of the game? Forcing your opponents to make mistakes and then when they do, capitalize on those mistakes and turn them into points! You still have to have a good team to do this IMO. Honaker has done a good job of that in several games. Yeah some turnovers are gifts, but alot of turnovers are forced by the Defense and you still have to score points!

Very true...but whatI'm saying is that the time for the other team to reap the blessings of the turnovers..and Honaker not being the benefactor against the Raiders.. Also want to add that Burton led Clintwood in the 3rd quarter till the Wave wore them down...there were many Wave fans nervous that night ..think the game was tied 10 -10 at halftime..

Very true...but whatI'm saying is that the time for the other team to reap the blessings of the turnovers..and Honaker not being the benefactor against the Raiders.. Also want to add that Burton led Clintwood in the 3rd quarter till the Wave wore them down...there were many Wave fans nervous that night ..think the game was tied 10 -10 at halftime..

Now wave, let's don't talk like that!!! Isn't Cwood and Burton a rivalry game with a lil extra hype? You've seen Burton, I haven't so it's good to hear yalls opinions. IMO it's a tight game much like last year!! Last year Honaker lined up and ran up the gut the whole game practically and they couldn't stop it!! But this is a new year, we'll see ey?

Now wave, let's don't talk like that!!! Isn't Cwood and Burton a rivalry game with a lil extra hype? You've seen Burton, I haven't so it's good to hear yalls opinions. IMO it's a tight game much like last year!! Last year Honaker lined up and ran up the gut the whole game practically and they couldn't stop it!! But this is a new year, we'll see ey?

True OrangeStreak... But if Burton stops your run and has a solid pass defense ..could spell trouble...Ty Hall will not get far scrambling on the Raiders imo... They are quick.. Turnovers could be the key to this game!

True OrangeStreak... But if Burton stops your run and has a solid pass defense ..could spell trouble...Ty Hall will not get far scrambling on the Raiders imo... They are quick.. Turnovers could be the key to this game!

Turnovers are key in every game. Are they as quick as they have been in the past as a team? I would be pulling for Burton too if I were you btw!

Always have love for the BDD. I understand the LPD Pride thing but ive heard far too many people from Pound talk $#!t about how great they were because they were in the LPD for me to have any love for the concept(I still support Clintwood, love me some DC football!)

Im really hoping for a Clintwood/Honaker state finals! Hope both teams take care of business and make it happen!

Haysi did have a solid season, a HUGE improvement from just a couple of years ago. I think next year we take another step and make some noise.

Edited by redtiger