J I Buton @ Honaker

OrangeStreak

Always have love for the BDD. I understand the LPD Pride thing but ive heard far too many people from Pound talk $#!t about how great they were because they were in the LPD for me to have any love for the concept(I still support Clintwood, love me some DC football!)

Im really hoping for a Clintwood/Honaker state finals! Hope both teams take care of business and make it happen!

Haysi did have a solid season, a HUGE improvement from just a couple of years ago. I think next year we take another step and make some noise.

Definitely gotta respect what the LPD and most recently Clintwood has done for sure!! I'll pull for anybody on this end of the state, well almost everybody but we won't talk about that!!!!

Definitely gotta respect what the LPD and most recently Clintwood has done for sure!! I'll pull for anybody on this end of the state, well almost everybody but we won't talk about that!!!!

I really only have a problem with 1 program locally and thats Burton. Dont like them. Never have. Even with that when they were playing for state I was pulling for them.

Always have love for the BDD. I understand the LPD Pride thing but ive heard far too many people from Pound talk $#!t about how great they were because they were in the LPD for me to have any love for the concept(I still support Clintwood, love me some DC football!)

Im really hoping for a Clintwood/Honaker state finals! Hope both teams take care of business and make it happen!

Haysi did have a solid season, a HUGE improvement from just a couple of years ago. I think next year we take another step and make some noise.

If I'm not mistaken, there won't be a Honaker/Clintwood state final. If it happens, these two would meet in the semi-final (West Region) next weekend for the right to play the winner from the East Region.

in semi finals east and west they mix up bracket, if tigers, win they will face an east team, if clintwood wins, they face an east team...so yes, they could meet for state title...........if honaker wins face the winner of luenburg central- sussex, clintwood wins, face winner of altavista- franklin i believe thats right...............

Edited by cwood78

in semi finals east and west they mix up bracket, if tigers, win they will face an east team, if clintwood wins, they face an east team...so yes, they could meet for state title...........if honaker wins face the winner of luenburg central- sussex, clintwood wins, face winner of altavista- franklin i believe thats right...............

Think if Clintwood wins they play winner of Sussex -Lunenburg...

think the game was tied 10 -10 at halftime..

It was 13-10 CW at half. Other than that initial spurt of O in the first quarter that game was all Clintwood. They dominated the game from the start of the 2nd quarter. Had one fumble inside the 5 in the 2nd quarter and the pick 6 that should have been called back to start the 3rd quarter. Game was in doubt for less than a quarter.

After this round the East and West cross. Higher remaining seed from each hosts the lower remaining seed from the other.

Clintwood(#3) is hoping to beat GW(#2) and have JIB(#5) beat Honaker(#1). That would mean a home game for Clintwood against the East low seed.

East seeds,

#1 Franklin vs #4 Altavista

#2 Sussex vs #3 Luenburg

Honaker wins this one in good fashion. Home field advantage is a big plus, and if you go to the game try the concessions, best around hands down. My wife graduated Honaker and she really rips me about the Tigers still playing and the Blues are watching, but this week I'll take all of it in stride and be a Tiger fan along side of her. Honaker is just to strong for Burton and will wear them down in the late third quarter. Go Tigers!! on behalf of my better half.;)

Having seem Honaker play this year only at Richlands, you can't compare the team then to the level they are playing now. Not having seen the Raiders play, but knowing they seem to always have the skill players in their arsenal--still believe the Tigers will come away with the win if they don't give up the big plays.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I think that is right Blue Tornado Fan and if the Tigers win Sat. the eastern team will be coming to Tigertown to play.

Ah, thought so. And after state semi's, if you guys win, you would most likely play Clintwood, have as a SWVA matchup. That'd be nice. Show the rest of the state that we have football over here as well. :D

yup if tigers can knock off burton, and wave knocks off GW, tigers will host eastern team,,,,altavista NEEDS to beat franklin, otherwise, if franklin and wave wins then we have got almost 8hr drive ahead of us....:cool:

Thats how it was last year. Clintwood vs Galax. It was good to see

Last years title game between Galax and Clintwood was one of the best prep games I have ever attended. After watching the game live, I saw it three more times on the Gameday broadcast! Still exciting although I knew the original outcome.

This is another game where I hate to see one team eliminated ... my prediction ...

Honaker 30

JI Burton 20

Edited by starcityfootballfan