NCG Scenarios.

BlueTornadoFan

There's a whole bunch of scenarios that will lead to the NCG for several teams, since both KSU and Oregon had fallen this past weekend.

For Notre Dame: Simply win against USC this weekend, which should be easy since Barkley is out of it with an injury.

For Alabama: Win against Auburn and defeat Georgia in the SECCG to go to the Title Game.

For Georgia: Win out against Georgia Tech and Alabama to go to it.

For Florida: Win against Florida State, and Notre Dame loses against USC. That'll boost them up to the No. 3 Slot, and then play the winner of the SECCG in the NCG.

So far for me, that's the only scenarios for a ride to the NCG that I can think of for the above teams. I'm sure there's a way somehow Oregon can get back into the title hunt, I just can't see it right now.

I'm betting it's probably going to be a Notre Dame-'Bama NCG.

For Florida: Win against Florida State, and Notre Dame loses against USC. That'll boost them up to the No. 3 Slot, and then play the winner of the SECCG in the NCG.

If this were to happen & Oregon wins out comfortably then Oregon will play in the chàmpionship. Unless absolutely forced to, the voters will not let 2 SEC teams play again.

There's a whole bunch of scenarios that will lead to the NCG for several teams, since both KSU and Oregon had fallen this past weekend.

For Notre Dame: Simply win against USC this weekend, which should be easy since Barkley is out of it with an injury.

For Alabama: Win against Auburn and defeat Georgia in the SECCG to go to the Title Game.

For Georgia: Win out against Georgia Tech and Alabama to go to it.

So far for me, that's the only scenarios for a ride to the NCG that I can think of for the above teams. I'm sure there's a way somehow Oregon can get back into the title hunt, I just can't see it right now.

I'm betting it's probably going to be a Notre Dame-'Bama NCG.

give it up Florida is not playing for a national championship

Let's go Irish!

YES!!!

Personally, I don't think Oregon's overtime loss to a ranked Stanford (who took ND into overtime as well) should hurt them that much and they should have a chance to go if they win out (IMO they should beat out Alabama if both win out). K-State got spanked by an unranked team, otherwise I'd make the same argument for them over Bama. And just a side note: I'm not a Bama hater, I just think Oregon and K-State had tougher schedules.

give it up Florida is not playing for a national championship

Now, I didn't say that Florida was going to make it to the NCG, even though I'd like to see it, it probably won't happen, and like I stated in my first post that it will probably be a Georgia-Alabama vs. Notre Dame Championship.

Now, I didn't say that Florida was going to make it to the NCG, even though I'd like to see it, it probably won't happen, and like I stated in my first post that it will probably be a Georgia-Alabama vs. Notre Dame Championship.

B.S., BTF.

Believe that it can happen and damnit, it might just happen! Never let anyone tell you what to believe in!

Oregon can get to the title game. Here's how -

ND loses to USC

Bama beats UGA in the SEC title game

Florida loses to FSU in the season finale

Oregon would move to 2 and play Bama for the title.

This is actually very likely since Florida is awful on offense and ND can be very up and down on offense as well. I'm hoping that the Irish seal the deal though. Would love watching Bama beat ND to death in the title game. On another note, Go Stanford. The last thing I want is for my Huskers to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl. A Stanford matchup sounds much better.

I would root for a team coached by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad before I would cheer for Notre Damn.

I bet a team coached by Ahmadinejad would be perennially over-ranked, yet would always under-deliver, mainly because they were missing that one weapon on offense. And "next year" would always be their year. Also, they would run up the score on little guys, and talk up their early season wins against scrubs. Does that sound about right?

I bet a team coached by Ahmadinejad would be perennially over-ranked, yet would always under-deliver, mainly because they were missing that one weapon on offense. And "next year" would always be their year. Also, they would run up the score on little guys, and talk up their early season wins against scrubs. Does that sound about right?

When did Ahmadinejad take over Beamer's job?

I would root for a team coached by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad before I would cheer for Notre Damn.

I hope 'Bama wins out and scores 150 in the title game...

Agreed. Gman has punished me for VT bashing on here. When Notre Dame plays in Blacksburg sometime in the next few years, I will wear VT apparel, I'll jump up and down during "Enter Sandman", I'll even do the Hokie Pokie, point made? ANYBODY but ND!!

Edited by Lunker Bass

I think FSU has a chance here is how...

ND loses to USC

Bama loses in SECCG

UGA loses to GT This weekend

Oregon loses to either ORST or to UCLA in the P12CG

KST loses to TEX

LSU loses to ARK

STAN loses to CAL(?)

then they play 1-loss ND in the Title Game or maybe even Texas A&M

Will it happen? Probably not, but it could...

I think FSU has a chance here is how...

ND loses to USC

Bama loses in SECCG

UGA loses to GT This weekend

Oregon loses to either ORST or to UCLA in the P12CG

KST loses to TEX

LSU loses to ARK

STAN loses to CAL(?)

then they play 1-loss ND in the Title Game or maybe even Texas A&M

Will it happen? Probably not, but it could...

Nope.