Steve Wright

battleftbl

Doesnt get the repect he deserves IMO. He may be the best in-game coach in SWVA. Last night, Fort Chiswell was giving Battle alot of trouble with their size. Wright quickly adjusted and started running wide...started throwing bubble screens, and using QB waggles. These plays werent very successful in terms of yardage.....but that wasnt the primary goal. Even though the result was alot of 3 and outs in the 1st half..... He was making Fort Chiswell's big lineman run sideline to sideline. By the time the 4th Quarter rolled around, Battle was running the ball between the tackles for 4 and 5 yards a clip....... That size advantage of the pioneers quickly turned into a huge disadvantage. They were wore out.

I'm guessing you haven't seen a BHC paper in the last three weeks. They've made him it out to be the next Nick Saban.

They had a couple nice articles on Steve. I didn`t see where they were trying to make him out to be the next Saban though. He deserves props, he has done one heck of a job!

another one comin out of the woodwork..congrats coach and the battle team..i assume you all will travel?

Gonna be a long ride. Thankfully, the team's leaving Friday and staying overnight (I'd hate for them to have to leave around 4 or 5 in the morning, then play).

Doesnt get the repect he deserves IMO. He may be the best in-game coach in SWVA. Last night, Fort Chiswell was giving Battle alot of trouble with their size. Wright quickly adjusted and started running wide...started throwing bubble screens, and using QB waggles. These plays werent very successful in terms of yardage.....but that wasnt the primary goal. Even though the result was alot of 3 and outs in the 1st half..... He was making Fort Chiswell's big lineman run sideline to sideline. By the time the 4th Quarter rolled around, Battle was running the ball between the tackles for 4 and 5 yards a clip....... That size advantage of the pioneers quickly turned into a huge disadvantage. They were wore out.

Coach Wright is a super guy....I just met him a couple of yrs ago when he volunteered to assistant coach our FCA All-Star Senior game... He loves the kids , is a leader, and is a blessing to his school and community... I am proud of the success Battle has had this yr... 12-1 is amazing...Would love to see the Trojans beat powerful Essex next week! Keep the Dream alive!

Coach Wright is a super guy....I just met him a couple of yrs ago when he volunteered to assistant coach our FCA All-Star Senior game... He loves the kids , is a leader, and is a blessing to his school and community... I am proud of the success Battle has had this yr... 12-1 is amazing...Would love to see the Trojans beat powerful Essex next week! Keep the Dream alive!

Everybody is saying Essex. Max Preps is showing Wilson Memorial on the Battle page and Battle on the WM page. ??????

Everybody is saying Essex. Max Preps is showing Wilson Memorial on the Battle page and Battle on the WM page. ??????

Battle plays Essex and Wilson Memorial plays Goochland. MaxPreps isn't a very good site to get info from.