D2 Semis: John Battle vs. Essex

V-Cats

John Battle or Essex?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. John Battle or Essex?

• John Battle Trojans
    • Essex Trojans

Hasn't been an official thread yet so I figured I'd start it. Can John Battle continue their miracle season with a State Championship game birth or will the speed and finesse of Eastern VA overwhelm JSB?

I'm tellin ya, JSB's Defense is tough and they ain't slow pokes themselves! I know all the talk about Essex being lightning quick but I think Battle digs deep and contains them. They may not stop them, but IMO they can contain and if they can keep the big plays to a minimum they have a shot!! I see Battle frustrating Essex and if they lose their composure and their MO, Battle can sneak up and bite in the Eastern butt!!! I hope so anyway!

One thing I do know for sure, win or lose, this bunch from Battle will definitely give Essex a lesson in class and sportmanship and they will represent SWVA very well!!!!!

GO TROJANS!!!!!!!

I don't know anything about Essex, but i will be pulling for JB ! I hope you guys keep this great season going ! Good luck and i hope you kick some butt !

I love seeing these local teams doing well in the playoffs !

Saw on Facebook today that Essex's coach and AD have said that bleachers will be brought in for the game, bringing the seating up to 1500. Their coach also expects Battle to bring a lot more fans than his own team will.