Honaker -Sussex

wave316

Honaker got down 26 to 7 at half -time... Then the second half went into their favor! I was there cheering with fans from Lebanon ,Clintwood... So proud of the Tigers who did not lose heart and quit ...but played and fought there way back into it..and took the lead 34-32...

A key onside kick recovery was huge in this comeback... Ty Hall had a great game passing the football.. Penalties killed the Sussex team in the end...a facemask penalty when Honaker was punting the ball back to them late in the 4th quarter with just two minutes left ,trailing 41 to 40.. Honaker gets a fresh set of downs and scores on a beautiful 3rd down pass play.. which made the score 48-40... But the speedy Sussex team would get the ball with a minute left in te game....and they drove close to Honaker's 20 yd line with 4 seconds left. On a final pass play Sussex catches a pass but is tackled near the 5 yd line as time expires.

This was one of the best high school games I have watched! Congrats to Honaker and to George Wythe on their wins...and to John Battle for a great season!!

one of the best ive seen also.as a honaker tiger fan id like to say thanks to all the schools around the area of swva for support for our hometown.even though these guys fight tooth and nail thru regular season,this shows a lot of class for all our communitys.

one of the best ive seen also.as a honaker tiger fan id like to say thanks to all the schools around the area of swva for support for our hometown.even though these guys fight tooth and nail thru regular season,this shows a lot of class for all our communitys.

Honaker just smacked them in the mouth in the second half,I sat on the vistors side ,the only place we could find,those people run their mouth the first half,second they started using bad language,finally the police had to come over on the side lines because of the Susex coach's.No class at all.

Honaker just smacked them in the mouth in the second half,I sat on the vistors side ,the only place we could find,those people run their mouth the first half,second they started using bad language,finally the police had to come over on the side lines because of the Susex coach's.No class at all.

yea I thought of going over there to set but I had a little orange on and afraid it wouldn't blend in to well lol.i figure if u give them time to get home they will be giving opinions on va preps pretty heavy.

yea I thought of going over there to set but I had a little orange on and afraid it wouldn't blend in to well lol.i figure if u give them time to get home they will be giving opinions on va preps pretty heavy.

I would like to hear what they have to say! lol

I'll be too busy packin for Salem to read what they say ... That was a good team them Orange Tigers beat today. Thanks to all schools that supported HONAKER today ... Saw Lebanon, Richlands, Clintwood, Castlewood, Haysi, and even a couple A-town Falcons!!! The crowd was awesome today and hope all come to Salem next week!!!! Congrats to GW on their win today!!!! Oh and one more thing, HOW BOUT THEM D1 WEST BOYS!?? SWVA BABY!!!!!!!!!!

One heck of a game, Honaker played a great game aganist one of the fastest teams I have seen in a while. As orangestreak said people from all over the area were there I thought the one guy from abingdon might have been southbound but not sure. Lol

One heck of a game, Honaker played a great game aganist one of the fastest teams I have seen in a while. As orangestreak said people from all over the area were there I thought the one guy from abingdon might have been southbound but not sure. Lol

id like to meet him(southbound).he has become a legend on here lol.i agree with the speed and their backs were strong.i think ty lead the offence well to keep the game score for score.

did anybody see why honaker didn't get the td when they were on the field house end right on the goal line .from where I was looked like he fell 2 ft in the end zone on one of those posessions.

I was right in front of it and I thought he was in but when I saw the pictures I could see his knee was down before he fell in.

I was right in front of it and I thought he was in but when I saw the pictures I could see his knee was down before he fell in.

do you have a link to your pictures? you take some good pics but I forgot where to go.

Honaker played very well and showed a lot of heart but in the 2nd half Honaker out coached Sussex. I sit on the Sussex side and I kept laughing at some of the things they were saying. I never understood why Sussex got away from the veer offense in the 2nd half.

Congrats to Honaker on winning and good luck next week against George Wythe.

Appears to be lack of discipline from the outside observer (lack of self-discipline for the coach)... No way he should be acting like that in front of his team. Shows a lack of class and poor sportsmanship, not a very good example for his players.... He's the one that should be reported to the VHSL.

Appears to be lack of discipline from the outside observer (lack of self-discipline for the coach)... No way he should be acting like that in front of his team. Shows a lack of class and poor sportsmanship, not a very good example for his players.... He's the one that should be reported to the VHSL.

He definitely was not a reflection of sportsmanship. You can see that by reading his comments in the article in the BHC. I did think the team (sussex) as a whole lost their composure when HONAKER made a run. They started making some mental mistakes and let their emotions kinda get the best of them. Sussex had a good team and congrats to them on their season!

Does anyone know why the sussex coach was mad over the onside kick that was talked about in the paper?

Never figured that out because on an onside kick it doesn't matter whether the ball hit the Sussex player's hand or not, it's a live ball past 10 yrds!!! Those comments didn't make since to me!!!

He complained for minutes over a facemask that was clear as day.

I didn't see the face mask but it couldn't come at a better time.thats the first time ive seen a ref call out the number of the player that committed the penalty.i think he said #55.in high school.

Edited by litltiger

Does anyone know why the sussex coach was mad over the onside kick that was talked about in the paper?

He was arguing that it hit a Honaker leg before hitting the Sussex player hand.

He was arguing that it hit a Honaker leg before hitting the Sussex player hand.

So, doesnt matter who hits it on an onside it's a live ball whether it's touched or not. Unless he was arguing it hit a hhs player before it went 10yrds.