Battle football

battleftbl

At the end of the day....yesterday takes nothing away from all that was accomplished this year. Injuries added up and made yesterday's game a longshot. With the Essex passing game, missing 3/4's of your starting secondary was just to much to overcome, but those kids never stopped fighting. For anyone wondering what the future of Battle Football is....This is a direct quote from a younger Trojan offensive lineman on facebook this morning.

"Well with the end of this season begins another. We have been through so much this year, the sweat,the blood,the bruises and the tears. We have been blessed with an amazing football family and community as a whole. Our seniors this year stepped up, took charge when we faced adversity and kept this team together when most could not. Our Coaching staff is by far the best in southwest Virginia, both as people and Coaches. I am honored to call each of you my brothers. For the rest of us, the 2013 season starts Monday in that weight room. Have faith in God, Be enthusiastic, and work harder than anyone else that is the motto and identity that is Battle Football."

Battle football isn't going away....

There will be a drop off in speed..... But they're going to have some kids.

Logan Honaker at QB is just a sophmore. Christian Estes is also a sophmore who has alot of speed. They also have a powerful redshirt freshman fullback. They have young lineman coming up to.

If you think they're going back to the way it used to be, you're fooling yourself. Not with the way they work for Coach Wright. While they may not be 12-2 every year, I wouldnt expect to see them below 5-5 anytime soon. Next year, they have a legit shot to make another run if a few lineman can be replaced. The year after that, probably a 6-4 or 7-3 football team. 2 things you can count on and the guys from Marion will back me up. Wright will always have them prepared/playing disciplined and they'll always work hard in the offseason.

There will be a drop off in speed..... But they're going to have some kids.

Logan Honaker at QB is just a sophmore. Christian Estes is also a sophmore who has alot of speed. They also have a powerful redshirt freshman fullback. They have young lineman coming up to.

If you think they're going back to the way it used to be, you're fooling yourself. Not with the way they work for Coach Wright. While they may not be 12-2 every year, I wouldnt expect to see them below 5-5 anytime soon. Next year, they have a legit shot to make another run if a few lineman can be replaced. The year after that, probably a 6-4 or 7-3 football team. 2 things you can count on and the guys from Marion will back me up. Wright will always have them prepared/playing disciplined and they'll always work hard in the offseason.

Redshirt freshman in highschool? Did you mean holdback?

you never see a wright football team outta breathe..i know,he helped my bro when he played..and when he was hurt..guess who sat with my family in the er till we found out things were ok..you guessed it....hes old school from top to bottom..as ive said..leave him alone with a group of boys and at the end of the year you will have a bunch of respectful young men.marion forced to many things on him,politics and what not..but battle has a leader now

IMO...Union will be very good next year. They have the best back in the district in Jake McCray and return most of the line. I would think that they'll be favored to win the district. Battle and VHS will have more than enough talent to make them earn it thought. GC will improve also although I think they're 2 years away from being a title contender.

IMO...Union will be very good next year. They have the best back in the district in Jake McCray and return most of the line. I would think that they'll be favored to win the district. Battle and VHS will have more than enough talent to make them earn it thought. GC will improve also although I think they're 2 years away from being a title contender.

Logan Honaker at QB with Josh Matney at WR, Carter Harlow and Matthew Chapman at RB's will be tough for anyone to handle.

Logan Honaker at QB with Josh Matney at WR, Carter Harlow and Matthew Chapman at RB's will be tough for anyone to handle.

Agree 100%. Carter Harlow has always been a solid defensive player, but he really came on strong at HB late in the season. They're going to be very good if they can replace 3 lineman.

If VHS is still in the CMD. Remember, VHS wants to move to the other district.

Hopefully Coach Reed won't make that mistake. In the SWD, there'd be absolutely no chance of getting past Richlands (at least until their enrollment just falls too low for them to be competitive)

Hopefully Coach Reed won't make that mistake. In the SWD, there'd be absolutely no chance of getting past Richlands (at least until their enrollment just falls too low for them to be competitive)

If I recall the news article correctly, it was the AD who filed the appeal to move to the other district due to travel. I believe Richlands will own that district for years to come...but I also think that Richlands is dropping just a bit in football (just a bit mind you).

Congrats to John Battle on their "story book" season. As I have posted here before ... there is nothing that brings a community together more than a successful high school football team. That is proven in SWVA, year after year, among our schools and their fans. I expect this years JSB success to prep many more successful seasons for years to come. Again, congrats on a great season. Go Trojans!