Coaching Vacancy pick'em

Hacker

Bielema will find himself out of a job period when he can't turn the razorbacks around. Should've stuck with the badgers, he had a good thing goin up there.

I believe Bielema will do well at Arkansas. He's a run first type coach who likes to to line up and hit you in the mouth. If he can get a good defense going at Arkansas they will love him.

I wasn't at all surprised at Malzahn going to Auburn. I also think either Fedora or Strong will end up at UT.

Edited by blueinbama

Beilema was a complete surprise to me in going to Arkansas! Someone called to tell me and I was like...What, for real??? Then, I called the spouse, a WI native, (brother-in-law is season ticket holder) totally shell shocked.

I'm assuming it's all about the money being thrown his way...I, always called Beilema..."Bratman", I kept mispronouncing his name to the ire of the spouse :)

Getting on and reading the WI blogs, many are surprised...many are expressing good riddance (said he was very abrasive coach) and VERY upset he didn't wait until after the Rose Bowl was played to make his decision. (I'm sure Arkansas wanted an answer before then. The word is WI and Alvarez will not let him coach in the RB, though that was something Beilema really wanted to do.)

The sentiment of many WI fans, is too bring back Paul Chryst, a Madison native with family roots still there, who took over the Pitt job. (Beilema was a Hawkeye with a tattoo attesting to his former school) :D

I'm just hoping in all of this, Curt Phillips, Kingsport, TN native now starting at QB for WI ( after tearing three ACL's in his time there) can end his career with a win in the Rose Bowl.

The TN coaching vacancy still being available this long...kinda baffling. If they truly thought they had a shot at Gruden, then, I can kinda understand...but, the coaches they're now considering after this long delay...they're okay coaches, but more fans seem to be against than being for the names currently cropping up. It's a new name every few days as the front runner...who knows???

I really thought Malzahn or Strong would be the next head coach at Arkansas, both being natives...odd, Arkansas didn't go after them. However, many folks at Auburn have always given Malzahn the credit for their National Championship and he will be extremely well received by the Auburn fans as their new HC.

Does anyone think Texas will stick with Mack Brown another year or go fishing this year???

I know one thing Bielema outkicked his coverage. Arkansas will love this blonde wife of his.

I was told, one time, that I had outkicked my coverage. I told the person that's easy to do when you have a "big leg"...

I figured Malzahn would go to Auburn, I watched him on ESPNU The Experts talking about what a great,storied program Auburn is(a few days before the Alabama/Auburn game). Other than getting paid more money, which program would you rather coach-Wisconsin or Arkansas? I don't think I would have left Wisconsin to coach Arkansas. On some of the Badger message boards a lot of the fan base seems to be glad he is leaving. At the same time If I'm Arkanasas's A.D I wouldn't have chosen Bileima unless there wasn't a better coach out there.