final thoughts u'all..GW....H

cwood78

To me the two most impressive wins in the playoffs go to George Wythe. Beating Clintwood and going on the road and taking out Franklin is much more impressive than any wins Honaker has.

GW 27, Honaker 14.

anyone know for sure u can watch this game on the net live ?

The VHSL Network will stream the Group A Division 1 and 2 and Group AA Division 3 and 4 games live at http://www.vhslnetwork.com. The Group AAA Division 5 and 6 games from University of Virginia’s Scott Stadium will air live on Comcast SportsNet CSN Plus Channel and will stream live on ESPN3. All games will be available on demand and for DVD purchase at VHSLNetwork.com

Honaker has shown that they can fight through deep adversity. Falling behind 26-7 at halftime and having a 41 point second half and still standing all Sussex had to give, Hinake overcame. To my knowledge, GW hasn't played from behind in the playoffs. That's a big stat. If tested, and they get behind, can GW hold together??

Honaker 31

George Wythe 21

To me the two most impressive wins in the playoffs go to George Wythe. Beating Clintwood and going on the road and taking out Franklin is much more impressive than any wins Honaker has.

GW 27, Honaker 14.

to me, this speaks volumes. GW is kinda doin' what Clintwood did last year. winning a few games perhaps they weren't expected to win. travelin' across the dang state to beat the east #1 seed. these type of performances build confidence and force you to be tough as sh!t...physically and psychologically. Honaker's road has been MUCH easier overall (Sussex was obviously a good team, but not even close to last year's team that Clintwood beat. plus, Franklin put up 60+ on Sussex beating them by over 30pts in the regular season). anything can happen when youngins' are playin', but unless GW is just flat out spent from playin' tough games, and bus-lagged from last week's hellacious road trip, they should win by 2 or more tds. simply put, i think GW is just better than Honaker. still gotta play, though. good luck to both "Westerners" for the second year in a row.

Since my great grandfather settled and spend his life in the Miller Creek area back in the 1800s have to pull for them TIGERS. GO HONAKER!!!!!!

He married a gal with last name Compton, imagine that.

Happy somebody from the WEST will win.

It was an exciting game with stands full on both sides.--I think Honaker had the edge in the first half running the ball well and containing GW's offense, but not captalizing on the GW interception at the eight yard line was a big blow.

Also, when Honaker was down inside the 20 on a 4th and 1, Hall handed off to the back, I would have liked to have seen a QB keeper called on that play. Believe he could have made it. Another big blow was the holding penalty against the Tigers that brought back a long reception.

Congrats to George Wythe and their state championship!!! Their coaching staff made great adjustments at the half. Also, kudos to the Honaker Tigers, they fought to the end and should be proud of their season. You may not be holding the winner's trophy but hold your heads up high--your season was awesome!!!

A side note, my first visit there to Salem Stadium and I really think it is comparable to Liberty University's field.

Life has many choices---eternity two

It was an exciting game with stands full on both sides.--I think Honaker had the edge in the first half running the ball well and containing GW's offense, but not captalizing on the GW interception at the eight yard line was a big blow.

Also, when Honaker was down inside the 20 on a 4th and 1, Hall handed off to the back, I would have liked to have seen a QB keeper called on that play. Believe he could have made it. Another big blow was the holding penalty against the Tigers that brought back a long reception.

Congrats to George Wythe and their state championship!!! Their coaching staff made great adjustments at the half. Also, kudos to the Honaker Tigers, they fought to the end and should be proud of their season. You may not be holding the winner's trophy but hold your heads up high--your season was awesome!!!

A side note, my first visit there to Salem Stadium and I really think it is comparable to Liberty University's field.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Not much more to say than that!! Congrats GW! Congrats Honaker, I've enjoyed watching the ride!!!!!