Honaker vs GW Score Updates

87Tiger

hate to rub it in 87Tiger but the live stream is pretty sweet.

great game so far!

Yeah, I bet! I can't believe it's blocked overseas. I dang near took a C-17 hop into Andrews AFB earlier this week to make it to the game, but flying space available is really hit and miss. I didn't want to get stuck in the states trying to get back here.

It wasn't the blowout most people estimated, but give GW credit, their defense was absolutely phenomenal in the 2nd half. The Tigers hurt themselves with the early turnovers, but hell, nothing to be ashamed of. One hell of a year! It was a great ride for this 1987 Honaker graduate.

Honaker played a lot better than I thought they would against GW...hats off to them.

i thought GW played really sloppy and were lucky to get the win...they did get it together at the end, but...could have easily gone the other way.

What a game. Great defensive struggle. I think the key to the entire game was actually the wind. If you weren't here, you couldn't feel it. It was blowing steady across the field all game long. Wythe isn't a passing team, so it didn't mess with them. Ty couldn't adjust and it really Hurt the Honaker game plan. Congrats to the Maroons. Helluva performance on all fronts. Glad I was able to attend.

I don't think that's the case at all...they are not playing well at all. See how it plays out in the second half.

basically one play ball game .its all in how 2 teams matchup.you are right could have went the other way.i think honakers defense stepped up for the most part and stopped what you and most of people thought they could not do.yea a few plays gw run little wild ,but not like some were expecting.congradulations to gw .

basically one play ball game .its all in how 2 teams matchup.you are right could have went the other way.i think honakers defense stepped up for the most part and stopped what you and most of people thought they could not do.yea a few plays gw run little wild ,but not like some were expecting.congradulations to gw .

i agree.

What a game. Great defensive struggle. I think the key to the entire game was actually the wind. If you weren't here, you couldn't feel it. It was blowing steady across the field all game long. Wythe isn't a passing team, so it didn't mess with them. Ty couldn't adjust and it really Hurt the Honaker game plan. Congrats to the Maroons. Helluva performance on all fronts. Glad I was able to attend.

I think GW's defense had more to do with it than the wind.

Neither team was especially sharp, which doesn't surprise me knowing how much both teams gutted out wins last week. Hats off to Honaker. Great season for a great team. SWVA was well represented. Kudos to Honaker's defensive line. I thought they were exceptional today.

Congradulations GW, great game for both teams, hard fought contest with two teams that worked hard to get there. Proud of the Tigers they just came up a little short and Maroon stepped up and got the win. Im glad the championship stays in SW Va. Two top teams with class represented western Va. well

congradulations gw, great game for both teams, hard fought contest with two teams that worked hard to get there. Proud of the tigers they just came up a little short and maroon stepped up and got the win. Im glad the championship stays in sw va. Two top teams with class represented western va. Well

+1 ^