Snow and Basketball

ThomasDenton

So, we've got a bit of snow here in Bristol (nothing on the roads though) and I was wondering who else has any and how bad it is. The boys basketball tournament resumes today at VHS, but there are teams from places that usually get more snow, like Clintwood, Honaker, Castlewood, Hurley, Central, Council, Eastside, etc. Do any of these other locations have a lot of snow (or any at all) and if so, can they still make the tournament?

For the most parts roads are okay but still some slick spots on secondary roads. I'd say the roads could freeze over again once the sun goes down again like they did last night/early this morning. That was the main problem then. Temps are expected to drop down into the teens overnight, winds are still rough too.

Battle beat Clintwood in the JV and Varsity games. Didn't really get to see the JV play (Clintwood was about half an hour late for some reason) but last score I heard was Battle leading 40-8. Varsity game was much closer. Both teams swapped leads quite a bit and each only let by about 1-3 points for most of the game, but Battle pulled away in the fourth and won by 10 or so (can't remember the score).