can the lady blues make that final step

ba961

Just wondering what you all thought about the Richlands girls chances of winning it all this yr they are off to a great start they are averaging 59 points a game and giving up 35 a game they made it to Richmond last yr and in the first game went almost 9 min before scoring and almost came back to beat the eventual state champs. They have four of those starters back so I think they have a shoot. Tomorrow opens up district play.

Just wondering what you all thought about the Richlands girls chances of winning it all this yr they are off to a great start they are averaging 59 points a game and giving up 35 a game they made it to Richmond last yr and in the first game went almost 9 min before scoring and almost came back to beat the eventual state champs. They have four of those starters back so I think they have a shoot. Tomorrow opens up district play.

Doubtful in my opinion. The teams on the other half of the state play much better competition during the season. D3 in this half of the state is weak, let's face it.

Doubtful in my opinion. The teams on the other half of the state play much better competition during the season. D3 in this half of the state is weak, let's face it.

I believe this to be true... I've been to the state tournament a few times and those teams can play some ball...and they are battle tested... It's very rare for a team from this area to make a run...

Floyd County's girls made a run at the title for 3 or 4 years in a row, a few years back... winning it once...in D-2...Those Floyd County girls teams were flat out awesome and would've smoked any girls team around here badly....I recall them beating Carroll County something like 110 to 34... one of those years in the regular season...and Carroll County's girls won the SWD...

Anything's possible I guess. But you really can't expect a state title run from any of the teams around here based on their performance against other teams from around here.

The team has a better chance at a shot at the title this year than last. It was great that they made it to the semi finals last year but this year they are a little older, stronger, more experience and the team really plays as a team. Every player can contribute to a successful season. They each have a special role and they know how to execute. The coach also appears to have made some changes to his coaching style from his first season, last year. So, I'm betting that the two entities will fuse into one great championship season! Go Lady Blues!!!!!

Kentucky well said like I stated they hit a shoot or two in the start of the game last yr they win that game and yea some teams match up better than others they won state so you would have to of liked your odds against the same team. They lost something like 6 games last yr to these same teams the are beating by 30 this yr. All five starters this yr can score and they have been together since the fourth grade in travel ball played in the Commonwealth games twice won one tournament. I think I'm makeing my reservations for a trip to richmond.

No they are a very scrappy team but young. Lady Blues had a very sloppy game and didn't show up to play.

I don't understand ...this was their first district game right...what do mean they didn't show up to play ...of all the games they played thus far...this is the one they should have focused on the more... if you can't beat a mediocre team in your district how are you going to beat the better teams down the road.... I live in Wise ..the Central Warrior girls team here are 14-0 and they take every game seriously..this is instilled by their coach.. What responsibility falls upon the coach when it is said''they didn't show up to play?

Hopefully they wont have to play any young scrappy teams once its tournament time. They had three players foul out last night and let the emotion of the game take them out of their game. Lots of elbows thrown last night and the one girl from Abingdon caught two of them in the face. If you want to be the best expect everyone best effort against you. NO EXCUSES!