The LAPD fiasco with Dorner.

http://news.yahoo.com/authorities-announce-1-million-reward-dorner-212940450.html

Seems like the LAPD's trying to cover up something major with the 1 million reward, and most likely would kill Dorner on sight instead of it going to trial. This whole thing seems fishy.

no, the problem is not him knowing anything or covering up something...the problem is that the guy is targeting their families for a change instead of just random people or even other cops.

When it's their ass and their families on the line they all of the sudden get froggy.

My thoughts:

If Dorner were a (1) white (2) Conservative who (3) had any political inclination, the media would be having a diarrhea attack on air, and would be devoting days upon days of news coverage to tracking down that murderous bastion of evil.

But since he's a (1) black (2) Liberal who (3) had no political leanings, the media's giving him a virtual free pass, and instead is focusing the blame on the LAPD and its negative history with racial tensions.

HELLO?! ANYONE HOME IN COMMON SENSE LAND?!?!?!

If you're offended, it's not me. It's you.

My thoughts:

If Dorner were a (1) white (2) Conservative who (3) had any political inclination, the media would be having a diarrhea attack on air, and would be devoting days upon days of news coverage to tracking down that murderous bastion of evil.

But since he's a (1) black (2) Liberal who (3) had no political leanings, the media's giving him a virtual free pass, and instead is focusing the blame on the LAPD and its negative history with racial tensions.

HELLO?! ANYONE HOME IN COMMON SENSE LAND?!?!?!

If you're offended, it's not me. It's you.

Why was he fired ,does anyone know...was there any injustice in the firing? Just curios...

Why was he fired ,does anyone know...was there any injustice in the firing? Just curios...

something about someone else kicking someone during an arrest and he took the fall for it, check cnn.com he sent Anderson cooper a package with a dvd that he claims shows the video...haven't had a chance to check it out much.

in the package was a coin shot several times with what they said was a .22 i thought probably a .223...but anyway it had "1 MOA" on it and they were saying it meant "one mind of america" or something like that...soon as I saw it i thought "hey that is 1 minute of arc" which is a shooters term...but they are trying to make it in to a political thing or something...i think they are wrong on both caliber and the 1 MOA thing...but who knows....have not had time to follow up on it and see if they ever figured it out yet lol.

Would it be callous to say that I didn't care?

I don't mean that in any angry, upset, or derogatory way toward you. You raise a valid question. It's just that my "care" meter is permanently stuck on zero for a killer when 3 people are dead and 3 families are left to mourn for the rest of their lives.

The utility for knowing the reason would be to piece together a justification. But in any event, Dorner took the wrong way out. Murder could not possibly be the right answer here. Instead of getting the Cochran Firm* and going after the LAPD in federal court under Title VII, Section 1983, etc., he took matters into his own hands.

And the media's giving him a free ticket because there's no leftist political gain to be had.

*The Cochran Firm would've turned cartwheels to represent a case like this. The kinetic energy from their collective excitement might even be enough to reanimate ol' Johnny for a few minutes.

http://news.msn.com/us/ex-cop-exchanges-fire-with-authorities?ocid=ansnews11

Looks like it'll be over soon. Dorner has barricaded himself inside a cabin and he's been in a shootout with the police, injuring two officers. I just don't see him surviving this, either getting killed by the cops or taking his own life.

Truth is in spite of all the efforts in TV and movies to burnish their image, historically the LAPD has been a corrupt dysfunctional organization.

I hear that drones were being used to track Dorner. Anyone know if that is true.

Would it be callous to say that I didn't care?

I don't mean that in any angry, upset, or derogatory way toward you. You raise a valid question. It's just that my "care" meter is permanently stuck on zero for a killer when 3 people are dead and 3 families are left to mourn for the rest of their lives.

The utility for knowing the reason would be to piece together a justification. But in any event, Dorner took the wrong way out. Murder could not possibly be the right answer here. Instead of getting the Cochran Firm* and going after the LAPD in federal court under Title VII, Section 1983, etc., he took matters into his own hands.

And the media's giving him a free ticket because there's no leftist political gain to be had.

*The Cochran Firm would've turned cartwheels to represent a case like this. The kinetic energy from their collective excitement might even be enough to reanimate ol' Johnny for a few minutes.

I totally agree .. and the kinetic energy raising and reanimating Johnny quip was way too funny!...I have just never heard exactly what the guy was claiming as injustice..

I totally agree .. and the kinetic energy raising and reanimating Johnny quip was way too funny!...I have just never heard exactly what the guy was claiming as injustice..

He was fired for making false complaints against a fellow officer in 2008. Even the most corrupt of departments has a "zero tolerance" policy on falsifying complaints. Potentially important is that the father of the first slain deputy represented Dorner in his hearing on the false complaints.

And...it looks like Dorner got an early taste of Hell.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/13/human-remains-located-from-cabin-where-dorner-was-barricaded/