Boston.

legend11

There's nothing more inspiring than marathon day. Here are tens of thousands of people who put forth months and years of training to prepare for those exact 26.2 miles, and being there to see them achieve such an accomplishment is a wonderful thing to witness.

Yet here we are tonight facing a tragedy when we should be celebrating the accomplishments of so many. I can only think of the unimaginable fear that those who were near the explosions are feeling right now. There's no preparing for moments like these; I just pray this is the last.

My deepest sympathies are with those affected by today's events.

My prayers go out to Boston and all those affected by this senselessness. Thousands upon thousands of lives are changed for the worse because of this day. It's just ultimately disheartening.

This having been said, this should affect the entire tenor of the "gun control" debate. It won't, because the liberal-biased media is going to conveniently gloss over it, but it should. I'm not giving up the ghost so easily. The left and said media set the tone for this debate back in December over Sandy Hook. Mere hours after the event, people like Don Lemon from CNN were fanning those flames. Here we are, four months later, mere hours after the event, and the next mass rampage does NOT involve a gun. Of course, no one points that out. What it DOES involve, however, is a mentally unstable person with dangerous tendencies. Just as Sandy Hook did.

Guns don't kill people. Bombs don't either, actually. Dangerous sociopaths do. As a country, we need to start laying the axe to the root instead of trying to kill a tree by snapping its branches.

It may not seem like the place or the time, but it needs to be said.

My prayers go out to Boston and all those affected by this senselessness. Thousands upon thousands of lives are changed for the worse because of this day. It's just ultimately disheartening.

This having been said, this should affect the entire tenor of the "gun control" debate. It won't, because the liberal-biased media is going to conveniently gloss over it, but it should. I'm not giving up the ghost so easily. The left and said media set the tone for this debate back in December over Sandy Hook. Mere hours after the event, people like Don Lemon from CNN were fanning those flames. Here we are, four months later, mere hours after the event, and the next mass rampage does NOT involve a gun. Of course, no one points that out. What it DOES involve, however, is a mentally unstable person with dangerous tendencies. Just as Sandy Hook did.

Guns don't kill people. Bombs don't either, actually. Dangerous sociopaths do. As a country, we need to start laying the axe to the root instead of trying to kill a tree by snapping its branches.

Bingo! Spot on. Some will disagree with this next statement, and that's understood, but I think acts like this should be treated with severe punishment. If an individual is found guilty of these types of crimes, swift and severe punishment should be mandatory. Death by lethal injection is too good for these lowlifes, IMHO. Something has to be done to get the attention of these people, and years of preparing for trial costing giant amounts of taxpayer dollars and ultimately life imprisonment costing even more taxpayer dollars does nothing to deter these terrorists. A more severe punishment is needed to at least get their attention. It won't stop them completely, but it may make recruiting these mentally deranged cowards a little more difficult.

Yes...

Bingo! Spot on. Some will disagree with this next statement, and that's understood, but I think acts like this should be treated with severe punishment. If an individual is found guilty of these types of crimes, swift and severe punishment should be mandatory. Death by lethal injection is too good for these lowlifes, IMHO. Something has to be done to get the attention of these people, and years of preparing for trial costing giant amounts of taxpayer dollars and ultimately life imprisonment costing even more taxpayer dollars does nothing to deter these terrorists. A more severe punishment is needed to at least get their attention. It won't stop them completely, but it may make recruiting these mentally deranged cowards a little more difficult.

And, yes!!!

Swift justice is necessary. But we need to avoid ascribing theories or motives. Is it the act of a deranged person (Unibomber), a deranged person with a political motive (Olympic or OKC), or is it an act of terrorism (pick your poison) has yet to be determined.

I for one an happy to sit back and wait for the evidence to mount up and suspects to be identified before making any sweeping pronouncements.

Edited by Hacker

Swift justice is necessary. But we need to avoid ascribing theories or motives. Is it the act of a deranged person (Unibomber), a deranged person with a political motive (Olympic or OKC), is it an act of terrorism (pick your poison) has yet to be determined.

I for one an happy to sit back and wait for the evidence to mount up and suspects to be identified before making any sweeping pronouncements.

I'm thinking we've tried the slow, methodical, "politically correct" method, and that has worked as about well as Auburn's defense. It's time to hold their feet to the fire, so to speak, and let these cowards know, "If you kill Americans on our soil, we're going to make a public example of you". I prefer boiling in oil feet first, slowly lowering these ass wipes into a huge cauldron of a hot, sticky tar-like substance until the flesh melts. Pull out the skeleton and display it for the world to see, with a huge sign saying, "Who's next"? But hey, that's just me. :)

I'm thinking we've tried the slow, methodical, "politically correct" method, and that has worked as about well as Auburn's defense. It's time to hold their feet to the fire, so to speak, and let these cowards know, "If you kill Americans on our soil, we're going to make a public example of you". I prefer boiling in oil feet first, slowly lowering these ass wipes into a huge cauldron of a hot, sticky tar-like substance until the flesh melts. Pull out the skeleton and display it for the world to see, with a huge sign saying, "Who's next"? But hey, that's just me. :)

Like_1.jpg

So then how do you suggest we figure out who "they" are? Who are you going to drop into tar? Surely you wouldn't do something like take the time to acquire data and let evidence mount; that's just so politically correct and needs to be avoided at all costs.

So then how do you suggest we figure out who "they" are? Who are you going to drop into tar? Surely you wouldn't do something like take the time to acquire data and let evidence mount; that's just so politically correct and needs to be avoided at all costs.

If it offends you, good. I often offend liberals. You coddle these animals if you wish. I'm damn tired of people like you wanting to waste taxpayer dollars and sending a soft message that "If you plant a bomb that kills and injures Americans, no big deal. You'll get three meals a day and life imprisonment at the very worst". You seem to care more about the perpetrator than the victims. F*** THAT! I despise that kind of attitude. We have done that for decades, and it only encourages more unconscionable acts. We need to send a strong message that if you even smell like a terrorists, foreign or domestic, you had better have your affairs in order, because we're determined to eliminate you.

And in case you're too liberal to figure out who "they" are, I think everyone here knows the answer to that. My point is, AFTER we figure out who "they" are, don't wait a freaking year to take them to trial. Let them have their day in court, and if they are found guilty, execute the punishment swiftly. Hope that clears it up for you.

I have one addition to my previous post: Cut their nuts off in front of 100,000 people, then boil their asses.

Edited by blueinbama

westboro baptist church is an attention seeking joke. If anyone is going to hell it's them folks...they did the same stuff after the Sandy Hook shooting.

I feel the same about these hypocrites. I wouldn't shed a single tear if a bomb blew them straight to hell! I wouldn't consider that a terrorist act. I would consider that a favor to humanity.

westboro baptist church is an attention seeking joke. If anyone is going to hell it's them folks...they did the same stuff after the Sandy Hook shooting.

I feel the same about these hypocrites. I wouldn't shed a single tear if a bomb blew them straight to hell! I wouldn't consider that a terrorist act. I would consider that a favor to humanity.

Like_1.jpg

If it offends you, good. I often offend liberals. You coddle these animals if you wish. I'm damn tired of people like you wanting to waste taxpayer dollars and sending a soft message that "If you plant a bomb that kills and injures Americans, no big deal. You'll get three meals a day and life imprisonment at the very worst". You seem to care more about the perpetrator than the victims. F*** THAT! I despise that kind of attitude. We have done that for decades, and it only encourages more unconscionable acts. We need to send a strong message that if you even smell like a terrorists, foreign or domestic, you had better have your affairs in order, because we're determined to eliminate you.

And in case you're too liberal to figure out who "they" are, I think everyone here knows the answer to that. My point is, AFTER we figure out who "they" are, don't wait a freaking year to take them to trial. Let them have their day in court, and if they are found guilty, execute the punishment swiftly. Hope that clears it up for you.

I have one addition to my previous post: Cut their nuts off in front of 100,000 people, then boil their asses.

Nope, I'm not offended at all.

It's just that everything you post is so void of logic and so far from reality that I'm consistently perplexed. Do you even know the definition of "conservative" and "liberal"? Do you sincerely think that conservatives wouldn't agree to take the couple of days it takes to actually find out who did this?

I'm all for punishing this bastard to the fullest extent. But to suggest that it's "liberal" to want to take a minute to figure out who the bastard is, is patently absurd and simply false. I suggest you take a step out from under whatever rock you're living, and take a look around for a minute. You'll find a world that operates much, much differently than the way you view it.

Nope, I'm not offended at all.

It's just that everything you post is so void of logic and so far from reality that I'm consistently perplexed. Do you even know the definition of "conservative" and "liberal"? Do you sincerely think that conservatives wouldn't agree to take the couple of days it takes to actually find out who did this?

I'm all for punishing this bastard to the fullest extent. But to suggest that it's "liberal" to want to take a minute to figure out who the bastard is, is patently absurd and simply false. I suggest you take a step out from under whatever rock you're living, and take a look around for a minute. You'll find a world that operates much, much differently than the way you view it.

Again with the spin. A 'couple of days' or 'a minute' is exactly what I'm advocating. Get a clue. Most people who read my posts will see through some of the sarcasm and exaggeration and cut to the chase. You apparently are incapable of doing so. And I'm fully aware of how the world operates, in particular this country we are living in. It sickens me. Like I said, coddle these animals if you must, but know you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Edited by blueinbama

Again with the spin. A 'couple of days' or 'a minute' is exactly what I'm advocating. Get a clue. Most people who read my posts will see through some of the sarcasm and exaggeration and cut to the chase. You apparently are incapable of doing so. And I'm fully aware of how the world operates, in particular this country we are living in. It sickens me. Like I said, coddle these animals if you must, but know you're part of the problem, not the solution.

So instead of answering my questions, you claim you were being sarcastic. This would actually surprise me if it hadn't happened so many times before on these forums.

And exactly what have I said to lead you to believe that I "coddle these animals"? I want you to copy and paste the words that made you believe that.

So instead of answering my questions, you claim you were being sarcastic. This would actually surprise me if it hadn't happened so many times before on these forums.

And exactly what have I said to lead you to believe that I "coddle these animals"? I want you to copy and paste the words that made you believe that.

I didn't know you were such a fan of my posts. Good to know. I personally don't let these things remain in my head after the threads die. You might want to get help for that. As far as what you "want" me to do, I'm sure you're old enough to get over it when you don't get your way. My posts speak for themselves, and I stand by everything I have posted. If you don't like my directness, that's your option. I don't like a lot of things posted on here, and I comment when I feel it is appropriate, or even just when I want to get something off my chest. These Boston Marathon Bombings are extremely upsetting to me. There are innocent Americans who have either lost their lives or had their lives altered in some way forever. I want these f'ers held accountable, and I don't want it to take as much time as these things usually take. I prefer swift punishment to the guilty parties. If you can't use enough common sense to decipher what is literal and what is sarcastic in my posts, that's your problem. Sorry if it hurts your feelings if I don't like the way our government has handled a lot of these incidents in the past. It takes way too long, and it costs way too much money. That's been my point all along, and you should be able to figure that out without trying to spin it some other way. Get over yourself.

By the way, they killed one of these ass wipes last night. That just saved taxpayers tons of money. I hope he goes to meet his virgins, and they are all male. That's literal, in case you're having trouble with the difference between sarcastic and literal.

Edited by blueinbama

You might have a different perspective if someone you love is the 23rd person shot in a 5 to 10 second burst of gunfire. Especially if the shooter is a depressed and troubled teen who picked up the most potent weapon he could find in his dad's gun collection. Not all who attempt mass killing are dedicated Timothy McVeigh types. Some are young people with social disorders who use the most easily accessible weapons at hand. Why not limit the odds of those type killers by limiting the chances of them being armed with a an assault rifle with a high capacity magazine?

I don't want to hear the "someone armed with multiple 10 round magazines is just as dangerous" argument. The shooter in the Gabby Giffords shooting was stopped only after firing 30 some rounds from a high capacity magazine. The reason he was stopped.....he had to reload and dropped his replacement magazine.

It could happen to you, and though the odds are slim, they're a hell of a lot higher than a governmental meltdown resulting in anarchy.....the reason most gun rights advocates give for needing these type weapons.

Edited by parsons

Here we are, four months later, mere hours after the event, and the next mass rampage does NOT involve a gun. Of course, no one points that out. What it DOES involve, however, is a mentally unstable person with dangerous tendencies. Just as Sandy Hook did.

We don't allow stores to sell ready made bombs....don't you think we would have a few more bombings if we did?