Knotheads at va preps... 1 a rankings

cwood78

TO HAVE CLINTWOOD RANKED # 3 in their polls, man thats ok, but clintwood in my view," and i'm diehard clintwood" have a long, and i mean long, way, to make it past 1st round in playoffs...(if they do that)......some young'uns are going to have to grow up fast.... anyway, essex will be the top gun.....alotta folks here in wave town, are lookin forward to tiger - wave matchup.....:cool:

In 1A Fort Chiswell and Essex are the top dogs imo. Unless im mistaken Essex basically returns everything and are a couple of steps above the East teams of the past few years.

Give us a copy of their rankings cwood78

Tigers/Greenwave should be a good one(I know I said the same thing last year).

tried to post link, but couldn't..... 4 altavista, 5 honaker 6 burton 7 sussex 8 central luenburg 9 george wythe 10 galax...... # 1 and 2 havent been posted yet jump over to va preps latest news , click on more link

Edited by cwood78

6 seems a little high for JIB.

GW must have lost a lot.

20 seniors. We'll be fine at the skill positions, but I'm concerned how we will fair in the trenches on both sides of the ball. JMO

20 seniors. We'll be fine at the skill positions, but I'm concerned how we will fair in the trenches on both sides of the ball. JMO

hey neighbor!! best of luck to ya on upcoming season....

Galax will be a good team this year but they reportedly will start a freshman transfer student from North Carolina at QB. All of the freshmen and sophomores who contributed in Galax run to the state championship game two years ago are now juniors and seniors. Steven Peoples is one of the top players in the state. Baring injury, he will be a match-up problem for everybody. They are deep at the receiver position but lack the breakaway player that can stretch a defense. Galax based everything they did last year on building toward this year. The schedule is markedly more difficult this year though. They host Altavista and travel to Giles. Those should be must watch games.

We shall see.

that's a lot to lose! GWs O/D line was solid last season.

Anyone know if Fort Chiswell will be in the East or the West? Im assuming West

Edited by redtiger

Just my 2 cents, but Fort lost a lot off of last year's squad in Coleman Thomas and Daniel Hamm..... They have been successful for 3 or 4 years now...but their track record has not been good in the past, very mediocre....They may have benefited from an exceptional class of football players coming through recently, we'll see.... I'm just not sold on Fort just yet.

Did not know that...thought he was graduating. Losing Hamm will still hurt though...

Hamm does hurt, but they bring back a lot in the trenches along with Mabry at QB. Should be a great season for The Fort, really.