HS FB UPDATES FRI 09-13-2013

trublue

Not really.  If Graham had kicked and made it 27-21, Richlands would have kicked after their score to make it 28-27...wouldn't have made any difference, needed one more score...

I was referring to the first TD. I understand going for two after the last TD, but not in the first quarter.

Two Georgia scores tonight...will not mention their opponents...

Camden County 91

Opponent 6

Lowndes 87

Opponent 0

I will...from the AJC...

Should Region 1 teams schedule a Savannah opponent again? Region 1 powerhouses Lowndes and Camden County played smaller Savannah schools in non-region games Friday, and the scores were ugly. Lowndes beat Windsor Forest 87-0, and Camden County beat Beach 91-6. Did they run up the score? Let’s not say that. Five freshmen scored touchdowns for Camden. But can’t they find somebody more competitive to play? It is that hard?

We're stopping in Kingsland on the way to Florida on the 27th to take in the Camden Co - Valdosta game. Valdosta isn't the program it used to be (due in huge part to the emergence of Lowndes, which is about 5 miles up the road from them), but they still command respect. I'm looking forward to it. I once got a guided tour of the Valdosta facilities from a customer I was visiting in Valdosta. Truly amazing stadium (Division II Valdosta St. uses it for their home games), weight room, and even a museum. Here is a link to their website that goes into more detail thanI ever could. 

http://www.valdostafootball.com/

There is a backstory to the Camden/Beach game.

Camden is a AAAAAA team/Beach is a AAA team. (Beach was beaten in their first game of the season 62-0.)

Camden and Lowndes are located in South GA...around mostly smaller classification teams.

Following is the info, I got from reading on the GA sportsboard which I frequent. (Do not post on there)

Camden had 4 non region games to schedule this season. Being the biggest kids on the block down next to the FL line... they can't get any schools in AAAAAA from the metro ATL area willing to drive such a long distant for a non-region game. Really, no reason for the metro teams to do so, and you can't blame them because they can fill their schedules around the ATL area.

So, according to info posted on the board and it seems to be from someone in the know...Camden "buys the Savannah teams out" with a hefty paycheck going to the Savannah teams athletic dept. If you're wondering how they do this...Camden's football program has top notch-first class facilities/money laden from a huge booster program.

Camden Co. has a new first year coach (Jeff Herron, the former legendary Camden coach, left after the end of last season and is now coaching at a private school in Athens, GA.)

According to the poster, Camden was up 63-0 at the half. It was also, posted many of the starters were taken out of the game in the first quarter.

Five freshman for Camden scored in this game. The poster also, went on to say they are looking at other ways to fill their schedule in the future. Possibly, scheduling some FL teams and also, possibly not participating in the Corky Kell held every year in the GA Dome.

North Gwinnett beat Camden Co.34-14 in the Corky Kell Classic in the GA Dome to open up the 2013 football season. (N. Gwinnett is ranked nationally in all four polls and is ranked #1 in AAAAAA in the state of GA. The N. Gwinnett defensive coordinator for 2013 was the DC last year for Grayson and Nkemdiche. The DC for N. Gwinnett in 2012 left the program and took the DC job at Byrnes H.S. in Duncan, SC for 2013.)

Saw earlier in today's news, one of N.Gwinnett's WR, committed to Missouri. Also, one of Buford's players (2012 state champions their first year in AAA) also, committed to MO. Two weeks ago, Buford beat the AAAAA 2012 state champs, Gainesville, by a sizeable amount. Buford will play North Hall (AAA) in the last reg. season game. North Hall is undefeated...they beat the GA 2012 AA state champions, Jefferson, last week pretty handily. North Hall traveled to VA earlier in the 2013 scrimmage season and beat Salem of Roanoke.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Camden facilities. We'll catch a couple of game in Florida while we're there as well. While I love the atmosphere of football in our neck of the woods, the talent you'll see in other places like Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina is a real eye opener. I don't think I've ever been to a game in Florida where there weren't 3-4 legitimate FBS athletes on the field, and I was at a Deland - Mainland game a few years ago where there were 13 kids total who had made verbals to FBS schools.