Grayson at Graham

futbolking

Graham is a 5-5 or 6-4 team.  If they beat Galax, they finish 6 and 4.  If they lose to Galax, they finish 5-5.  It's as simple as that.  They will beat G. County, Narrows, and Bland to get to 5 wins.  They will lose to Fort Chiswell to get to 4 losses.  Galax is the toss up game.  Win that game and they finish 6 and 4.  Lose that game and they break even at 5-5 for the regular season.  

Graham has 2 sure wins. Bland and Natrows. Galax has a wonderful Rb and Grayson has a very gifted qb. Both games are winnable because both teams are very average. Fort Chiswell seems to be the real deal. We have a very average football team as well, just being honest, and our coaching is pitiful. Look at the click management from two weeks ago down two scores and running the ball up the middle with 3 minutes left or the infamous go for two to make a "statement" and you lose against a down Richlands team. Let's talk about running the score up on Grundy and the coach even calls you out in the paper, let's talk about Union in the playoffs going for a first down inside your own 15 with the score tied. Sour grapes would be a opinion without merit! Our kids play hard and give 100% and I think that is a sign of good coaching but everything else is pitifully disappointing. I said 4 wins with the possibility of 5 max. I think it is pretty much a reality. Could win 6! I hope but at least 5.

What's this I heard about a Grayson parent trying to go after a Graham player after the game because of a block in the back the Graham player was flagged for during the game.

it was a video on the grayson sports net site and showed the ghs player blocking the qb from grayson during a run by grahams qb he did get flagged but to me did not look like it was that bad of a hit the kid rolled on the ground for a while with not much medical attention until the ref started marking of the penalty then he got  up this poster said the graham kid needed help for this hit. something to that but do not quote me lol.

Someone asked me yesterday if I knew anything about Grayson going to the VHSL trying to get the Graham kid suspended for the rest of the year.  I couldn't believe it if that was true.

for what a hit that was late that happens all the time so you would have every team have a kid suspended for this. it is sour grapes on the part of someone in grayson county is what i think. getting hit is part of the game and yes some hits are later than others and teams incur a penalty for them it is the nature of the game. someone in grayson county needs to grow up and move on to their next game.