Updated Playoff Bracket

Ryan4VT

This has probably said somewhere already!!  So does a team have to win 5 games to win state with the new format?  once the west and east is down to the last 2 teams respectively, does 2A West 1 play 2A East 2 and 2A West 2 play 2A East 1?

Yeah, 5 games to be state champ and East/West do cross bracket. East high vs West low,  West high vs East low. Be careful about that #1 and #2 stuff. If im not mistaken Clintwood an Honaker were both lower than #1 or #2 seeds.  A-3A do this, 4A-6A have a legit Section Champs.

Yeah but which VHS team shows up? The one that beats the hell out of Abingdon and plays awesome, or the sloppy second half team that has blown three winnable games in the second half? We're just so inconsistent, it is hard for me to be optimistic. We SHOULD beat Lee and we SHOULD beat Marion, because talent wise, I think we have more than enough weapons to beat them both, but we also should have beat the living hell out of Lebanon (true, the referring was awful and screwed us regularly), should have beaten Gate City, and the Richlands game was winnable as well.

I'm just disappointed with how we've underperformed.

I don't think VA high has more talent than Marion does all I hear about is the brown kid we have a lot more weapons than that and u will see Friday night

Week 12

Virginia High School League Page 9 of 12

2013 - 2014 Top Twenty Ranking Teams per Region

Region 2A West

High School

Won Lost Tied Won Lost Tied Rating

---------VHSL-------- -------District-------

Group Region District

Giles 2A 2A West Three Rivers 8 0 0 3 0 0 25.25000

Gretna 2A 2A West Dogwood 6 2 0 4 0 0 23.50000

Union 2A 2A West Mountain 7 2 0 3 0 0 22.77778

Battle, John 2A 2A West Mountain 6 2 0 1 1 0 21.50000

Dan River 2A 2A West Dogwood 7 2 0 4 1 0 21.44444

Buckingham Co. 2A 2A West James River 5 3 0 5 1 0 21.00000

Richlands 2A 2A West Southwest 5 3 0 3 0 0 21.00000

Gate City 2A 2A West Mountain 5 4 0 2 1 0 20.66667

Marion 2A 2A West Hogoheegee 5 3 0 4 2 0 20.37500

Glenvar 2A 2A West Three Rivers 5 3 0 3 0 0 19.12500

Appomattox 2A 2A West Dogwood 4 4 0 1 3 0 19.12500

James River (B) 2A 2A West Pioneer 3 5 0 2 0 0 18.12500

Chatham 2A 2A West Dogwood 4 3 0 1 3 0 18.00000

Grayson 2A 2A West Mtn. Empire 4 4 0 1 2 0 17.50000

Graham 2A 2A West Mtn. Empire 4 4 0 2 1 0 17.25000

Lebanon 2A 2A West Southwest 4 4 0 1 1 0 16.75000

Lee 2A 2A West Mountain 4 4 0 1 2 0 16.75000

Virginia 2A 2A West Southwest 3 5 0 2 2 0 16.50000

Grundy 2A 2A West Black Diamond 3 5 0 2 1 0 16.12500

Randolph-Henry 2A 2A West James River 4 5 0 3 4 0 16.00000

Martinsville 2A 2A West Piedmont 2 6 0 2 2 0 15.12500

Tazewell 2A 2A West Southwest 2 6 0 0 2 0 14.12500

Floyd Co. 2A 2A West Three Rivers 2 6 0 1 2 0 12.75000

Updated on:

10/28/2013 9:48:52 AM

I don't think VA high has more talent than Marion does all I hear about is the brown kid we have a lot more weapons than that and u will see Friday night

Well that is your opinion, but along with Brown we have one of the most explosive receivers in the area in Austin Miles, who has over 500 yards receiving for the season. I think we've got more overall talent than 90% of the teams in SWVA, but focusing that talent has been the issue all year.

I don't doubt for a moment that if we play like we did against Lebanon that you guys won't win, but if you get the Bearcat team that played against Abingdon or Chilhowie, we will beat you.

Yeah but which VHS team shows up? The one that beats the hell out of Abingdon and plays awesome, or the sloppy second half team that has blown three winnable games in the second half? We're just so inconsistent, it is hard for me to be optimistic. We SHOULD beat Lee and we SHOULD beat Marion, because talent wise, I think we have more than enough weapons to beat them both, but we also should have beat the living hell out of Lebanon (true, the referring was awful and screwed us regularly), should have beaten Gate City, and the Richlands game was winnable as well.

I'm just disappointed with how we've underperformed.

Lebanon hit you guys in the mouth, you had one offensive touchdown. You could not stop Lebanon if you wanted to. I do not want to hear about the refs screwing you guys, You got a personal foul marked off 12 instead of 15, a bogus facemask in the OT to put you at 1st and 2 and still could not get in the end zone. So do not say you should have beaten the hell out of us. You guys are soft.

Well that is your opinion, but along with Brown we have one of the most explosive receivers in the area in Austin Miles, who has over 500 yards receiving for the season. I think we've got more overall talent than 90% of the teams in SWVA, but focusing that talent has been the issue all year.

I don't doubt for a moment that if we play like we did against Lebanon that you guys won't win, but if you get the Bearcat team that played against Abingdon or Chilhowie, we will beat you.

You may possibly beat Marion but you DO NOT have more talent than they do.

Lebanon hit you guys in the mouth, you had one offensive touchdown. You could not stop Lebanon if you wanted to. I do not want to hear about the refs screwing you guys, You got a personal foul marked off 12 instead of 15, a bogus facemask in the OT to put you at 1st and 2 and still could not get in the end zone. So do not say you should have beaten the hell out of us. You guys are soft.

Soft? 

Inconsistent?  Yes.  Not very disciplined (yet)?  Absolutely.  But soft?  BS, BS, and more BS. 

Lebanon won in OT after having a 2 TD lead.  I wouldn't call that being hit in the mouth.  Or if it was, VHS shook it off to force OT. 

I have thought all along that VHS would be up and down this year as we get accustomed to yet another new head coach and staff.  But soft?  C'mon man!

Soft? 

Inconsistent?  Yes.  Not very disciplined (yet)?  Absolutely.  But soft?  BS, BS, and more BS. 

Lebanon won in OT after having a 2 TD lead.  I wouldn't call that being hit in the mouth.  Or if it was, VHS shook it off to force OT. 

I have thought all along that VHS would be up and down this year as we get accustomed to yet another new head coach and staff.  But soft?  C'mon man!

C'mon man? I am no Lebanon homer, I am a VHS alum. It is the same old VHS, tons of talent, should be 9-1 or 8-2 every year. Speed everywhere, size, athletic, but when you hit them, they fold. Lebanon is as inconsistent as well. I have played the game for a lot of years. I will tell you Brown is awesome, and the QB is young. I am calling it like I see it. But the kids need to hang in there, do not give up, they can still make the playoffs, beating Marion will be huge. So do not misplace my comments as some one who is a homer, I still bleed black and orange. I just happen to have kids and bleed a little red as well.

Calling kids soft is pretty darn harsh. Those are fighting words in many corners. I have not seen anything that would lead me to call them that. I played and bled for VHS.  I have high hopes for a return to the days of Rat Cansler, Milton Franklin, Darryal Wilson, et al.  

And I understand that, but we're apparently seeing two different teams. We might be a lot of things, but we're not soft. Sloppy, undisciplined, inconsistent, sure, 100% agree, but your analysis is way off. Also, the officiating was terrible, absolutely terrible, worst I've seen since the 2011 VHS @ John Battle game.

A Richlands-Graham rematch is certainly in play for Round 1...

I don't see it. Graham would have to drop and Richlands stay in place. Richlands is 5th right now. Graham is 11th.   As it holds right now, it would be Marion at Richlands in the first round. Graham at Buckingham.

Gretna lost last night. So assuming they win this week, their max is 241. Richlands, with a win over Grundy, would have a max of 241. So their is a chance that we could make it to 4th, correct? We can't catch Giles or Union. And Dan River will be close since they are done.

So you'd sell your soul to the devil to get 4th? lol

Being forth is the difference in making the 4 hour drive to Danville in week 2 of the playoffs.....lol. I fully expect Marion to win. But an Abingdon upset won't hurt my feeling. Lmao.