Va High/Marion

Jethro

I have said all along that VHS' record would not be as good as their talent would seem to indicate (this year)....mainly because they have to adapt to a whole new system/coach.  Again.  Until there is some stability at the top, the results will not change much, IMHO.

Yeah we definitely have underperformed, which is a shame, because this team had serious potential at the beginning of the year. Lebanon stinks, but the refs didn't help much, and we should have routed them, but anyway, we don't deserve to make the playoffs, and won't, as Marion wins 27-14.

Yeah we definitely have underperformed, which is a shame, because this team had serious potential at the beginning of the year. Lebanon stinks, but the refs didn't help much, and we should have routed them, but anyway, we don't deserve to make the playoffs, and won't, as Marion wins 27-14.

I think this season's lack of success is more on the administration than anything else.  It is tough on players to have to continually adapt to new coaches, systems, etc year after year.  I hope VHS can get into the playoffs.  Maybe, by then they will have settled into the system. 

In some aspects I am starting to feel like a Cubs fan:  Wait 'til next year!

I think this season's lack of success is more on the administration than anything else. It is tough on players to have to continually adapt to new coaches, systems, etc year after year. I hope VHS can get into the playoffs. Maybe, by then they will have settled into the system.

In some aspects I am starting to feel like a Cubs fan: Wait 'til next year!

Actually, with your last statement, your sounding like an Abingdon fan.

I think this season's lack of success is more on the administration than anything else.  It is tough on players to have to continually adapt to new coaches, systems, etc year after year.  I hope VHS can get into the playoffs.  Maybe, by then they will have settled into the system. 

In some aspects I am starting to feel like a Cubs fan:  Wait 'til next year!

This is week 10 new system or not, they should know it by now. Just saying.

No arguments about that.  What I am alluding to is that VHS has had to start the last several seasons with a new coach each year.  That is tough; whether it be HS, college or Pros.  And that is the fault of whoever does the hiring and firing.  Not trying to make an excuse, just giving a possible reason for the lack of gridiron success.  And yes, the system in place should be viable by week 10. 

But maybe VHS doesn't have the players to fit the system; or the players haven't bought in, or the coach is not good, or the players are just not that good,...or maybe VHS is just a baseball school. I truly do not know what the heck it is.

But maybe VHS doesn't have the players to fit the system; or the players haven't bought in, or the coach is not good, or the players are just not that good,...or maybe VHS is just a baseball school. I truly do not know what the heck it is.

The answer lies in the feeder program. It doesn't matter how good of athletes you have, if your feeder program doesn't instill the right attitude, work ethic, and fundamentals, then you will not succeed. Look at the big programs in the area, then look at their feeders. There inlies the key.

The answer is in the weight room, the last coach at VHS said (if I remember correctly) that VHS was 3 years away from being strong enough to be truly competitive. Im gonna assume that without a consistent head coach the weight program suffers, unless the assistant coaches run it w/o direction when theres no HC in place. Missing a month of lifting in the offseason is disastrous in terms of strength gained. I could be wrong and maybe the assistant coaches do a great job but if I had to guess why the Bearcats struggle that's where I would put blame. Either the constantly changing HC position keeps them from becoming stronger or the players lack work ethic and that keeps them from becoming strong.  So maybe Bob and Ryan are both right lol.  

In todays game(even in 1A) if you don't lift youre not gonna win more than 6-7 games, and youre not gonna make it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs

I think the coach is awful. He tries to run the team like it's a college program. I hear they have a gameday workout. Nonsense. Our kids were disciplined under Wheeler and we made the playoffs under him. Yes we have a few playmakers but the problem is a few bad apples who act like they're in the NFL. All the dancing around and chest thumping is stupid, especially when you're losing and when your record looks as bad as va high's....

I am embarrassed by some of the actions on the field by a couple of the players.  I saw one make a tackle after the opponent gained 15+ yds and a 1st down.  Our player jumped up, did the "superman" thing with his jersey, like he just made a goal line stop on 4th and goal.  He would have been on the bench in the blink of an eye under Fred Fisher. 

I think the coach is awful. He tries to run the team like it's a college program. I hear they have a gameday workout. Nonsense. Our kids were disciplined under Wheeler and we made the playoffs under him. Yes we have a few playmakers but the problem is a few bad apples who act like they're in the NFL. All the dancing around and chest thumping is stupid, especially when you're losing and when your record looks as bad as va high's....

I think they have a gameday walkthrough, but I'm not sure it qualifies as a "workout". In either case, Crist needs to get the kids FOCUSED ON FOOTBALL and less on the theatrics.

Our kids were disciplined under Wheeler

Disciplined under Wheeler??  I guess all of the personal fouls last season are direct results of that.

The kids, parents, and fan base have to buy into what the coach is selling, so does the feeder programs.  The coaches of other sports (baseball) have to let the kids decide for themself if they want to play other sports and not tell them they wont play or start if they go out for football.  IMO, my last statment goes for any school even if they have 2000 students they should not be told what sports they can and can't go out for.

I thought Coach Daniels encouraged his baseball players to play football.  Is that not correct?

I don't know that much about V High, just what I hear. Which doesn't always mean much. I was just speaking in general and about some others schools that have good programs in other sporst but not in football.