Va High/Marion

Jethro

You don't know much about the school, yet felt qualified enough to make a claim that Coach Wheeler encouraged dirty play? Well I do know a lot about the program, and Coach Wheeler, and I can promise you that dirty play wasn't tolerated, nor was it coached or taught.

You don't know much about the school, yet felt qualified enough to make a claim that Coach Wheeler encouraged dirty play? Well I do know a lot about the program, and Coach Wheeler, and I can promise you that dirty play wasn't tolerated, nor was it coached or taught.

I never said he encouraged dirty play, in fact I saw him jumping his players a$$es for getting  stupid personal fouls.  What I was trying to say was IMO the lack of discipline shown on the field by the players, or lack of respect shown for Wheeler. Whatever the case may have been.  Just asking, why is Wheeler not the coach anymore?

Actually, with your last statement, your sounding like an Abingdon fan.

We about whooped your butt this year.  Nobody talking about that much on here though, huh?  I could go into all the reasons and excuses people gave for losing that game (like the kid who caught the winning TD was actually juggling the ball and never had possession until he was out of bounds) but I won't do that.  What I will do is tell you that, if you know ANYTHING about football at all, you will see what I have been preaching on here for months.  Why in the heck would you throw the ball with very little time left and stop the clock on the three straight plays?  Why would do that for 2 straight possessions and burn less than a minute off the clock total between the 2 possessions?  Another example...we beat Lebanon 7-0.  We lose to Va High by some huge margin.  Lebanon beats Va High 35-28.  Why?  Here's why....our defensive scheme was to take our linebackers out and around the DE's...leaving the middle of the field WIDE OPEN.   Against Happy Valley...a subpar Tenn team..they have the ball on about the 1 yard line....our DL setup?  A pinch play with no noseguard over the center...a frickin pinch play from the one????  Come on man.  So, yes, we have said for years that we have great players with tons of talent....and we are RIGHT when we say that.  What we don't have is a coach that can coach his way out of a bathroom stall. Plain and simple. But if you don't know football then you can't see that and you will want to continue talking smack in an effort to cover up your idiocy.  Well,  your cover's blown my man.

We about whooped your butt this year.  Nobody talking about that much on here though, huh?  I could go into all the reasons and excuses people gave for losing that game (like the kid who caught the winning TD was actually juggling the ball and never had possession until he was out of bounds) but I won't do that.  What I will do is tell you that, if you know ANYTHING about football at all, you will see what I have been preaching on here for months.  Why in the heck would you throw the ball with very little time left and stop the clock on the three straight plays?  Why would do that for 2 straight possessions and burn less than a minute off the clock total between the 2 possessions?  Another example...we beat Lebanon 7-0.  We lose to Va High by some huge margin.  Lebanon beats Va High 35-28.  Why?  Here's why....our defensive scheme was to take our linebackers out and around the DE's...leaving the middle of the field WIDE OPEN.   Against Happy Valley...a subpar Tenn team..they have the ball on about the 1 yard line....our DL setup?  A pinch play with no noseguard over the center...a frickin pinch play from the one????  Come on man.  So, yes, we have said for years that we have great players with tons of talent....and we are RIGHT when we say that.  What we don't have is a coach that can coach his way out of a bathroom stall. Plain and simple. But if you don't know football then you can't see that and you will want to continue talking smack in an effort to cover up your idiocy.  Well,  your cover's blown my man.

Don't you love it when someone says "I could go into all the reasons and excuses people gave for losing that game (like the kid who caught the winning TD was actually juggling the ball and never had possession until he was out of bounds) but I won't do that", and then they go on to make several more excuses?  And then they go on and on about how much more they "know about football" than everybody else?  I just love it when that happens, don't you?

I didn't make excuses.  I took the heat off of our kids....as well I should.  Reasons are different than excuses.  Excuses have no proof.  Reasons do.  I proved my main point....and you validated my secondary one. Thanks for the help!

I didn't make excuses.  I took the heat off of our kids....as well I should.  Reasons are different than excuses.  Excuses have no proof.  Reasons do.  I proved my main point....and you validated my secondary one. Thanks for the help!

Yes you did.  Right before you said "but I won't do that".  It's in red above.  That's what made it so funny.   And the "you don't know football" bs is lame.  I'm sure he knows as much about football as you do.

Uh, you must have read it wrong.  I wasn't even at the game.  So, that's not ME saying that...I was simply referring to what OTHERS have said. I don't like excuses.  They are a lame way out of embarrassment that makes the one making the excuse look even weaker. Hence my saying I won't go there.  If he knew as much about football then he, and you, would realize that its not the kids fault that their coach makes idiotic decisions, as evidenced in my original post.  You have neglected to read my post with an unbiased attitude. Your attitude is biased because AHS nearly beat RHS and that embarrasses you for some unknown reason. So you find a post written by an AHS supporter and you jump to conclusions about its content and decide to rail on it. All the while, the post was not a slam on RHS but a slam on the coaches at AHS.

I ABOUT won the lottery last night, I only missed by 5 numbers!!! Very classy post (without excuses). You should have left others excuse out of your post, since you can't prove it because you weren't there. There was several posts on the game, about how well Abingdon played and that they should have won the game. Richlands just wanted it more at the end of the game. Abingdon does have some good talent, just needs to be used right. But money talks.

I'm always a true Blues fan, no matter if they win or lose. Nothing to be embarrassed about if they give their all.

Just wait til next year, maybe you 'll get a new coach.

Uh, you must have read it wrong.  I wasn't even at the game.  So, that's not ME saying that...I was simply referring to what OTHERS have said. I don't like excuses.  They are a lame way out of embarrassment that makes the one making the excuse look even weaker. Hence my saying I won't go there.  If he knew as much about football then he, and you, would realize that its not the kids fault that their coach makes idiotic decisions, as evidenced in my original post.  You have neglected to read my post with an unbiased attitude. Your attitude is biased because AHS nearly beat RHS and that embarrasses you for some unknown reason. So you find a post written by an AHS supporter and you jump to conclusions about its content and decide to rail on it. All the while, the post was not a slam on RHS but a slam on the coaches at AHS.

Let's see if you can follow this:  You made a statement about not making excuses IMMEDIATELY after you made an excuse.  PERIOD.  If you want to interject other non-related BS into the conversation, that's on you.  Everything you said here related to me or my post is total BS.  You're wrong.

The coaches of other sports (baseball) have to let the kids decide for themself if they want to play other sports and not tell them they wont play or start if they go out for football. IMO, my last statment goes for any school even if they have 2000 students they should not be told what sports they can and can't go out for.

The opposite was chronic at Graham for decades until very recently. Don't play football, don't play anything else.

I never said he encouraged dirty play, in fact I saw him jumping his players a$$es for getting stupid personal fouls. What I was trying to say was IMO the lack of discipline shown on the field by the players, or lack of respect shown for Wheeler. Whatever the case may have been. Just asking, why is Wheeler not the coach anymore?

Wheeler was fired because Tyrone Foster (school board member)'s son whined to daddy about having to work hard in practice in order to play & he fabricated (or at the very least, blew out of proportion) an incident where Wheeler grabbed him or something

Wheeler demands discipline and most kids these days cant handle coaches like him....then you get the school board involved and well you know the rest of the story, when Wheeler was at VHS in the late 80's they never had a problem with him. Just goes to show how the generations have changed too many whiny butts cant handle a little authority. Sad part is if this new coach puts his foot down he will probably be fired too.