Oh baby, give me one more chance...

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty excited. I won a pair of tickets from WYRV 770 radio last week. I was gonna end up going anyways, but I was holding out hope that I would win a pair, and I did. Score. Plus, I know the drummer from Florida Georgia Line (met him at a drum conference), so I get to go backstage before the show and tour his setup and such. Pretty cool. 

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go this year.  I've dodged the last three, still have the tickets to the first one, but this one has sucked me in. 

So, what'd y'all think?

I got there around 5:15, so the only full acts I saw were Nelly and Florida-Georgia Line.

(1) I said earlier that I thought that once Nelly was coming, FGL should have opened for Nelly. I still agree with that.

(2) FGL was surprisingly in-tune. I had heard some awful live stuff from them before.

(3) FGL lost their chops pretty badly about halfway through. Not belting it as they should.

(4) FGL is, as I've said, a lot of fluff and little substance. Their songs are not deep whatsoever.

(5) FGL covering Bruno Mars was LOL-inducing. Not even in the same solar system musically.

(6) I'd give FGL a B-.

(7) Nelly killed it. I wish he'd have been on in the evening, so lights and strobes would be in play.

(8) Nelly got the crowd involved. Very good work.

(9) Nelly had some great messages for the crowd, as did FGL. Very impressed.

(10) I'd give Nelly an A-.

(11) TOO MUCH BASS. My wisdom teeth literally hurt today, and I was 70 yards away.

(12) Balance was off all day long. The instrumentals badly drowned the voices.

and

(13) I witnessed three brawls, two instances of people throwing beers at one another, several vulgar/explicit shirts, and several people passed out. I grow concerned that this is turning into the Mountain Festival all over again, where I don't go not because I don't enjoy it, but because it caters to the lowest of the lowest common denominators. I would never, ever, ever take my children to this. And it's a shame, considering all the good that Second Chance does.

In response to #3...I think that Fireball Whiskey got to 'em...

In response to #6...B+

In response to #10...solid A...Nelly was on point.

In response to #11...I was in row 5 right in front of the speakers on the right side of the stage...my ears are still ringing...

In response to #12...that wasn't too bad where I was.

In response to #13...I didn't see any fights or people passed out, however some women across the aisle from me puked...

Hey G-Man you sat literally two seats behind me I was in row 3 on that side and I assume we are talking about the same lady.  Had to leave carrying her shoes with vomit on her feet other than that there weren't that many drunks in our section.

She had boots on and took them off before she puked...I guess she didn't want to puke on them.  Jean shorts and tattoos???  Yep, that would be the one.