Potential WInter Storm for Friday 2/7 thru Sunday 2/9

I use wunderground.com for my weather.  As of today.  They are projecting siginificant snow starting next Friday 2/7

Calling for 1-3 inches Friday, 5-8 inches Friday Night, 3-5 inches Saturday and 1-3 inches Saturday night.  I know it is a week away but definitely odd to give that kind of snowfall totals this early.

Any wanna be Meteorologists want to give their thoughts?? :)

Wunderground is not the best place to look for weather forecasts that far out. Now, there will be a few chances for snow, near the end of the weekend, middle of the week, and next weekend. The one next weekend does show the best potential, but its a WEEK away, will change many many times. Im just about  to quit looking at models until a day-2 in advance, last few systems have not been modeled well. One of the models....the EURO I think, shows for clintwood from now until 02.09.14 getting close to 18 inches, while that is HIGHLY unlikely,......i would friggin kill to see it lol. Just keep watching the local weather, could be interesting soon.

Yeah, it will change a lot, especially anything a week or so out. There looks to be several big storms developing over the next couple or so weeks in this pattern, and they can bring all the above. The first concern is actually probably this Sunday/Monday system that's been showing up more and more, and stronger with each run. Ice looks like a poss. isuue at this point, but could change too.

Speaking of quick changes, this past system didn't even show anything from that southern storm streaming up into this area until the day before, and we ended up with several inches of snow over here.

Yeah, speaking of the model changes, your right beamerball, woke up this morning, and theyre showing a secondary low forming along the cold front on late sunday night into Monday that at the moment is putting up 3-6 inches in certain spots, wasn't there yesterday. So its something for people to keep an eye on.

Not liking that ice threat.  Saw a run last night that put a 1.25 inch freezing accum. for areas along the VA/KY line.  Whew!!!  Its down a bit now, but still showing a good half inch or more for some.  Interestingly looking like it could track east of us, the stronger the storm it might begin pulling in some colder air, who knows, but right now pulling up more warmer air aloft.  Either way, don't like freezing rain, would want more rain or snow/sleet.

Don't see that happening with tomorrow's system, maybe across parts of the Ohio Valley.  The potential Sunday/Monday system may be one to watch, several days and several more changing runs to go with it though.

I was talking about the weekend storm, not the mid-week storm.

Well, how's the ankle now Gman?  Starting to look like the chances might be increasing for Wednesday?  Models have been slowly trending northwest (not uncommon) with this storm and the 0z NAM just backed that up most certainly while the GFS and Euro are still a little farther east for now.  Still another day or two of crucial runs to go though.

thought you guys would like this, my wife asked me about the upcoming storm, wanted to know how much were gonna get. I said "let me look online and see what Gman's ankle says, she gave me a strange look hahaha    I said trust me, its the most accurate prediction in swva!

oddly enough she said her papaw could also tell the weather with his ankle too, he broke it while he was in his 60s. He was searching for polk lol