Potential WInter Storm for Friday 2/7 thru Sunday 2/9

Just outside clintwood i have 12.5....They really missed the mark on the forecast initially.

Heck, Charleston first issued a winter weather advisory for Buchanan and Dickenson with 2-5 possible.  This storm aside though, I'd like to see those 2 counties under Jackson or Morristown's watch instead of Charleston.

Heck, Charleston first issued a winter weather advisory for Buchanan and Dickenson with 2-5 possible.  This storm aside though, I'd like to see those 2 counties under Jackson or Morristown's watch instead of Charleston.

Yeah, it makes no sense for the buchanan and dickenson counties to be under the wva nws office, when the rest is under morristown's......though the jackson office would be closer. Figured soemthing was up when all of swva was under a winterstorm warning and the east ky border counties were under a winter storm watch while we were sort of left out of the loop. Anyways, yeah GMan looks like another 2-5 inches for most of the area friday night/sat.

Yeah, it makes no sense for the buchanan and dickenson counties to be under the wva nws office, when the rest is under morristown's......though the jackson office would be closer. Figured soemthing was up when all of swva was under a winterstorm warning and the east ky border counties were under a winter storm watch while we were sort of left out of the loop. Anyways, yeah GMan looks like another 2-5 inches for most of the area friday night/sat.

Seems like the only thing Charleston is good at getting out quick is a flood watch, other than that they are usually the last to catch up, if they do.  Tazewell, Smyth, Grayson, and points east are under Blacksburg, Lee, Wise, Russell, Scott, Washington, all under Morristown.  I'd say either Jackson or Morristown, or split the two, maybe Buchanan under Jackson (with Pike Co. probably similar) and Dickenson under Morristown.  Either way, if I was in either one of those counties, I'd prefer one of the other offices.

This clipper system has looking a little more robust the closer it gets.  Looks like its really going to blow up once it hits the east coast and then shoots up northeast.  Like I said before, sometimes you have to get by the system your currently dealing with to get the models to latch on better to what they next one will do.

We got another possible shot of some very light stuff Sunday, before the long awaited and very welcomed warm up.  The NAM seems to want to make Tuesday's system a little stronger too though.  I see threats of rain next week, and I don't like that.  We're already going to have enough problems with a big warm up, and we seen some already with the most recent little one.  This long hard freeze we had will likely mean slides, flood threats, and so forth may increase.  We don't need rain, especially anything heavy, and that may come later in the week.  Its the winter that keeps giving, haha.