Mayflower Restaurant

What the hell were people eating in that place that kept them coming back? I've been there a hand full of times over the years and every time the food was always terrible.  The last time was October '13 with my girlfriend's family and all I ordered was the grilled chicken sandwich with seasoned waffle fries and I thought to myself: "How could they screw this up?".  The fries were so freezer burnt and overcooked the inside had the consistency of compressed baking soda.  There wasn't enough ketchup on the table to make them better.  The chicken was bland.  The bun with lettuce and tomato was fine. The lady sitting across from me had the oyster soup and she told me that it was overpowered with an aged fishy taste and smell.  It wasn't edible she said.

What the hell were people eating in that place that kept them coming back? I've been there a hand full of times over the years and every time the food was always terrible.  The last time was October '13 with my girlfriend's family and all I ordered was the grilled chicken sandwich with seasoned waffle fries and I thought to myself: "How could they screw this up?". 

There's your problem...you order chicken at a FISH house...

Just because the name makes reference to seafood of some kind, doesn't mean that it's any good or that you should order it.  That same night in October, my girlfriend has the fried catfish that practically dripped grease.  Her sister had the trout which was baked with a ton of butter and was consistent with the same qualities of soft rubber.

• 4 weeks later...