NFL Draft

redtiger

Thomas would be a very good TE, not a inline TE but he could man the position they used Hernandez. Hes not a NFL QB.

For the record I was BIG on Wilson when he came out. Had a lot of success at NCSt in a pass happy offense and really flourished at Wisconsin behind a VERY tall OL(his height being a issue was a joke)

Thomas would be a very good TE, not a inline TE but he could man the position they used Hernandez. Hes not a NFL QB.

For the record I was BIG on Wilson when he came out. Had a lot of success at NCSt in a pass happy offense and really flourished at Wisconsin behind a VERY tall OL(his height being a issue was a joke)

Oh, I was too.  I was terrified every time VT played Wilson.  At any point he could put up 400+ passing yards on a team, even with the lack of talent he had around him at NCST.  I should have been clearer before.  It was the Kiper/McShay crowd who overlooked him.  Not all of us who, you know, actually watch college football.  

I loved everything the Browns did until they took Manziel. To me they had a chance to build a great team and take a QB next season. Overall not terrible but not the best move imo.

And idk what Jax is thinking. They are terrible and need a lot of help, should have tried to move down(and maybe they did) or took a position of need

I loved everything the Browns did until they took Manziel. To me they had a chance to build a great team and take a QB next season. Overall not terrible but but the best move imo.

And idk what Jax is thinking. They are terrible and need a lot of help, should have tried to move down(and maybe they did) or took a position of need

To me, Jax did the right thing. This is a QB driven league, and their QB doesn't cut it. So go get one. The question then becomes, Bortles or Manziel. I take Bortles first, too, if I'm making the call. They now have Bortles who has a cannon and Blackmon at WR if he can stay out of trouble. That's a good start to a solid offense, IMO.

I doubt Blackmon will be on the field much this season, hes suspended indefinitely. Bortles has all the measurables but isint "pro ready", he needs some time.

Im of the opinion that teams drafting in the top 5 should trade down because they obviously need a lot of help. Exceptions being when once a decade players come along like Luck and maybe Clowney. Gotta take those guys.

Bortles may be a good QB but him and Bridgewater both look about equal, 3rd overall is just too high to take him imo. I would worry that how does Bortles develop without any offensive weapons. I would rather have a solid RB, WRs, OL and insert a QB in. Now if they draft pieces to go around him this year then its not so bad

Rams DL is gonna be tough for anyone to face.

Just saw on ESPN that Jacksonville will bench Bortles for the season. Didn't listen to the whole story, so I don't know the details.

I was a little afraid too that Dallas might take Manziel. They REALLY need to build the defense, but to pick any offensive player, they made the right call. If anything, shoring up the Oline will allow Romo more time to work.....and if he can't do it now, then they really need a new qb (I'm still hoping they give Weedon a chance and that he can do pretty good). I'm really hoping that Dallas uses the rest of their picks for defense. Need linebackers, safeties, Dlinemen.....the list goes on. The offense is there (just not firing on all cylinders all the time), need to rebuild the defense.

For Dallas defensively

Rush DE is a position of need(they do not have a pass rusher), LB is a position where they need depth, Corner they need depth(give Claiborne 1 more season), Safety is ok imo(they have young guys, give them some time), DT is well stocked(not a lot of need there).

With more commitment to the run and more Zone blocking the offense will become more consistent. 

Well looks like Big D has a rush DE, DE DeMarcus Lawrence. Good pick imo. I hate they traded w Washington but gotta do what you gotta do. Dallas has/had 11 picks in this draft, no need to draft 11 players, several aren't gonna make it out of camp.

I think Houston just drafted ass kickers. Big mean ass kickers

DE Clowney, OG Su'a Filo, TE Fiedororowicz, NG Nix III. all guys who are said to play with a mean streak. That front 7 is gonna be rediculious!

Yep they are gonna be scary for offenses this year!

They had a 1st round grade on Lawrence and tried to trade up into the 1st(probably to take him). The guy can get after the QB and that's what they needed, great pick imo. If Dallas would have held on to their picks and not traded they probably got 2 solid Strong DEs, but that really wouldn't have improved the pass rush.

Both Martin and Lawrence are day 1 starters.

Lawrence probably wont be on the field in short yardage situations but may well be their best pass rusher.

Martin SHUT DOWN the best DT in this draft at the Senior Bowl AND started 4 seasons at Left OT for Notre Dame.

Both are great players. 

Moses has a lot of talent, really a steal where they got him. Idk how well he will fit in Washington's blocking scheme as a G, maybe a RT.

UVAO I really think you will like Trent Murphy, I was big on him. His coach said he was the nastiest player on the team.

Logan Thomas to Arizona in the 4th Round.

Interesting.

I know Bruce is a QB coach at heart, but if I were the Cards I swear I'd move him to TE and let him play there. The kid is physically gifted and needs to be on the field, and we've seen him truck people before. Just my two cents anyways.

I know Bruce is a QB coach at heart, but if I were the Cards I swear I'd move him to TE and let him play there. The kid is physically gifted and needs to be on the field, and we've seen him truck people before. Just my two cents anyways.

I think that is the consensus of many Ryan, but in a recent article Logan says he wants to play QB...

Excerpt:

"The teams that say they want me to play outright tight end, I tell them that I really don’t want to do that," Thomas said. "I’m a quarterback at heart. That’s what I’m going to be.

"Now, if you have me sitting a couple years behind a pretty much set-in-stone starter, then if you want to have a package or so where I come in for two or three, four, five plays a game, you want me to do that, sure, no problem. If you’re talking about a full-time switch, then I’m not really about that."

http://www.newsadvance.com/inside_vt_sports/news/andy_bitter/intriguing-logan-thomas-might-be-nfl-draft-s-biggest-wild/article_3650e50e-5b0e-5973-99bf-10e2ac8cb968.html

I think that is the consensus of many Ryan, but in a recent article Logan says he wants too play QB...

Excerpt:

"The teams that say they want me to play outright tight end, I tell them that I really don’t want to do that," Thomas said. "I’m a quarterback at heart. That’s what I’m going to be.

"Now, if you have me sitting a couple years behind a pretty much set-in-stone starter, then if you want to have a package or so where I come in for two or three, four, five plays a game, you want me to do that, sure, no problem. If you’re talking about a full-time switch, then I’m not really about that."

http://www.newsadvance.com/inside_vt_sports/news/andy_bitter/intriguing-logan-thomas-might-be-nfl-draft-s-biggest-wild/article_3650e50e-5b0e-5973-99bf-10e2ac8cb968.html

Tyrod Taylor syndrome. Unfortunate, really. 

Dallas picked this guy up as a undrafted free  agent, if there's anyone i'm pulling for in this draft to make it its this guy. He seems like a practice team guy with potential 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j85Bg4Ecoo

Dallas did really good in the 7th round and in udfa imo, picked up several guys with mid round ratings. All of them have flaws(obviously) but in the right situation(scheme) I think several can be successful. Ben Gardner(DE Stanford) and  JC Copeland (BIG FB LSU) are my favorites. Copeland helpes a pass protection/short yardage issue for Dallas and idk how Gardner was still there in the 7th. His pro day measurable's are really good(obviously they aren't totally accurate) and his film looks great(eating up blocks so Trent Murphy could make tackles/sacks).

I almost wonder if Copeland doesn't see a  position change.  He came into college as one of the top rated DT prospects.  LSU had such a monopoly on them, and his athleticism they moved him to FB.  Really wouldn't surprise me to see them put him back at DT and try to turn him back into a Jay Ratliff type with his quickness.