Battle of the Bucket

94 APPY DAWG

It won't matter either way, looks like Richlands has regained its footing. I will say I've been baffled the last few weeks on the degree of similar competition and how it has played out. First Gate City throttles Richlands then Union gets lucky and beats them. Next Bluefield hammers Gate City, who then pummels Union. Then Richlands beats Bluefield, wtf! Which one of these teams will go the farthest in the west? How about Lee High who no one is talking about? Union had better watch out because it's always a knockdown drag out affair!

It won't matter either way, looks like Richlands has regained its footing. I will say I've been baffled the last few weeks on the degree of similar competition and how it has played out. First Gate City throttles Richlands then Union gets lucky and beats them. Next Bluefield hammers Gate City, who then pummels Union. Then Richlands beats Bluefield, wtf! Which one of these teams will go the farthest in the west? How about Lee High who no one is talking about? Union had better watch out because it's always a knockdown drag out affair!

Crazy isn't it my friend. Even if Union wins out, which they wont and GC and or Richlands implode and drop one or two more games each, which is highly unlikely, Union will still not make it above 13 or 14 seed. If the two other teams mentioned were to implode they will not drop below 6 or 7. Kind of like a 3 loss SEC team will always trump a 1 loss ACC team. This is just an analogy so keep the hammer in the tool bag. I see Union at best as maybe a 10 seed and GC and Richlands together at maybe a 2 and 3 or 3 and 4. GC should in my opinion be one up on Richlands even though they pulled out a big win over one of the best WV teams in the state (from what i read on here) and GC lost to the same team. Somewhere in the equation the Richlands loss to Union has to have some bearing on the seeding. Just my opinion which i have learned doesn't sit well with most people on this forum. There is my 2 cents on the crazy turn of events as of late. Good luck to all teams and someone from the west, preferably one of the teams i have mentioned in my rant bring home a trophy. 

Generals by a TD. Winner should get a pretty good playoff seed... should

I would venture to say it has the makings of a score fest if both teams preform at their best offensively. I don't like to make predictions but i would almost bet there will be a combined total of near 100 points in this game. Just for the fact Lee gave up 44 to North and Union held them to 14 or 21 cant remember exact score. Union showed some signs of life against Middlesboro, which was not a bad team, had great speed. It will depend on whose defense shows up ready to play and Union sometimes forgets that's part of the game. Cant wait till Friday will be there in hopes of a good game.

It won't matter either way, looks like Richlands has regained its footing. I will say I've been baffled the last few weeks on the degree of similar competition and how it has played out. First Gate City throttles Richlands then Union gets lucky and beats them. Next Bluefield hammers Gate City, who then pummels Union. Then Richlands beats Bluefield, wtf! Which one of these teams will go the farthest in the west? How about Lee High who no one is talking about? Union had better watch out because it's always a knockdown drag out affair!

Last I checked, we didn't get "throttled" by anybody.

GC should in my opinion be one up on Richlands even though they pulled out a big win over one of the best KY teams in the state (from what i read on here) and GC lost to the same team.

Pssssst. Check your facts before you post. Bluefield is the #1 team in AA in WV, not KY.

How about they won a game between two good football teams.

That would be less impactful of a statement and frankly quite boring! You missed the whole point anyway. I was just trying to illicit some opinions and gain clarity on which direction these teams are headed. Richlands has obviously turned things around and they probably will meet GC in the playoffs eventually. But it appears you're a jock rider for both teams no doubt!

That would be less impactful of a statement and frankly quite boring! You missed the whole point anyway. I was just trying to illicit some opinions and gain clarity on which direction these teams are headed. Richlands has obviously turned things around and they probably will meet GC in the playoffs eventually. But it appears you're a jock rider for both teams no doubt!

I understand fully what you are saying. There is great parity in AA West this season. But with Richlands and GC, you had two of the top 4 teams in the west playing in the first game. One team had to lose. It just wasn't our night. If the two teams play 10 times, it's probably 5-5 or 6-4. That's just how close these two are. No need for name calling or getting so upset. :)

That would be less impactful of a statement and frankly quite boring! You missed the whole point anyway. I was just trying to illicit some opinions and gain clarity on which direction these teams are headed. Richlands has obviously turned things around and they probably will meet GC in the playoffs eventually. But it appears you're a jock rider for both teams no doubt!

You better believe we like Gate City! If you love High School Football you have to respect Gate City. In SWVA they are one of the Gold Standard football programs period!

Do we want to play them again? YOU BETTER BELIEVE WE DO!

I don't know enough about Lee to weigh in on this one with any merit. I know Union can play good football and are young in a lot of positions. This will probably be another great game.

The intensity levels are rising in most places because the possible seating's in the playoffs will become a little more clear.

Pssssst. Check your facts before you post. Bluefield is the #1 team in AA in WV, not KY.

heaven forbid i made a mistake guess i will get the almighty hammer for sure now. But i understand you can't come to terms with getting beat by Union but you did it's over Union got hammered by GC so how bout we talk football instead of holding a grudge and trying to make me look like a fool over a mistake. It is a sports forum not a class room, a simple correction would suffice. 

I understand fully what you are saying. There is great parity in AA West this season. But with Richlands and GC, you had two of the top 4 teams in the west playing in the first game. One team had to lose. It just wasn't our night. If the two teams play 10 times, it's probably 5-5 or 6-4. That's just how close these two are. No need for name calling or getting so upset. :)

That's all you had to say in the first place instead of honing in on how I said it. If they do happen to play again, If these two should meet again, I fully expect Richlands to win the rematch. I'm good, you good, we all good!

Crazy isn't it my friend. Even if Union wins out, which they wont and GC and or Richlands implode and drop one or two more games each, which is highly unlikely, Union will still not make it above 13 or 14 seed. If the two other teams mentioned were to implode they will not drop below 6 or 7. Kind of like a 3 loss SEC team will always trump a 1 loss ACC team. This is just an analogy so keep the hammer in the tool bag. I see Union at best as maybe a 10 seed and GC and Richlands together at maybe a 2 and 3 or 3 and 4. GC should in my opinion be one up on Richlands even though they pulled out a big win over one of the best KY teams in the state (from what i read on here) and GC lost to the same team. Somewhere in the equation the Richlands loss to Union has to have some bearing on the seeding. Just my opinion which i have learned doesn't sit well with most people on this forum. There is my 2 cents on the crazy turn of events as of late. Good luck to all teams and someone from the west, preferably one of the teams i have mentioned in my rant bring home a trophy. 

How do you figure Union won't make it above a 13-14 seed if they win out?  If I totaled things up right, they should be the 4th seed as of this week, so how do they drop that far?

heaven forbid i made a mistake guess i will get the almighty hammer for sure now. But i understand you can't come to terms with getting beat by Union but you did it's over Union got hammered by GC so how bout we talk football instead of holding a grudge and trying to make me look like a fool over a mistake. It is a sports forum not a class room, a simple correction would suffice.

Sheesh. Somebody pissed in your Cheerios. Learn when people are trying to have fun. That's the entire reason I put the pssssst in it. I could have came out and said," You're an idiot." But, you're not one, so I was just trying to have some fun. And I have no idea how you get that I cant "come to terms" with Union beating us. I came to terms with that as soon as it happened. We here in Richlands know what happened. We know why. And we've corrected it.

How do you figure Union won't make it above a 13-14 seed if they win out?  If I totaled things up right, they should be the 4th seed as of this week, so how do they drop that far?

I don't think Union will win out, as i stated in the post. I think at best they may beat Battle and if lucky Central. So how will the math work on that? Don't know much about Marion but  have read they are playing pretty good ball right now. That's the point i was trying to make, that's why I said 10th at best. Either way I'm fine with however it plays out . I'm not the big Union fan most think, they just happen to be the local team in my area that makes it convenient for me to watch football on Friday without traveling to far.

Sheesh. Somebody pissed in your Cheerios. Learn when people are trying to have fun. That's the entire reason I put the pssssst in it. I could have came out and said," You're an idiot." But, you're not one, so I was just trying to have some fun. And I have no idea how you get that I cant "come to terms" with Union beating us. I came to terms with that as soon as it happened. We here in Richlands know what happened. We know why. And we've corrected it.

No one pissed in my Cheerios I eat Wheaties, I guess after our last encounter on a post I figured you were still being degrading towards me. I just haven't been on here long enough to figure out when you are joking. So can we agree to disagree and be civil, but still express our opinions with just a little respect? And I also know how Union won, 2% luck with just a little flash of what Union is capable of and 98% let down on Richlands side. The best team didn't win so i will apologize fr that statement.

I don't think Union will win out, as i stated in the post. I think at best they may beat Battle and if lucky Central. So how will the math work on that? Don't know much about Marion but  have read they are playing pretty good ball right now. That's the point i was trying to make, that's why I said 10th at best. Either way I'm fine with however it plays out . I'm not the big Union fan most think, they just happen to be the local team in my area that makes it convenient for me to watch football on Friday without traveling to far.

Union should have absolutely no problem with Battle. Won't even be close. They should handle Central at home as well. the trip to Marion will be a good one. I can easily see this team at 7-3 or 8-2. Either one will give them a top 8 seed. 

No one pissed in my Cheerios I eat Wheaties, I guess after our last encounter on a post I figured you were still being degrading towards me. I just haven't been on here long enough to figure out when you are joking. So can we agree to disagree and be civil, but still express our opinions with just a little respect? And I also know how Union won, 2% luck with just a little flash of what Union is capable of and 98% let down on Richlands side. The best team didn't win so i will apologize fr that statement.

You got it hoss. :)

Union should have absolutely no problem with Battle. Won't even be close. They should handle Central at home as well. the trip to Marion will be a good one. I can easily see this team at 7-3 or 8-2. Either one will give them a top 8 seed

Hope you are right on this. Would be nice to see Union play a home playoff game as I see them 1 and done once the playoffs start regardless of their seeding. But after all it is high school football and crazier things have happened.

Maybe I'm lost. Isn't Appy on the Kentucky border? How do you get Bluefield in KY? If I was a Beaver I would be insulted. Hick I'm

insulted for the Beavers their program is as storied as Appy's , everybody in this part of the world should know about the

two.