Richlands @ Wilson Memorial (2A Semis)

V-Cats

They were by far the worst crew I have seen this season, and I usually try to give the benefit of the doubt.  When Richlands scored their TD, I really thought the game was over, because they were shutting down the Wilson offense and the momentum really swung in their favor.  I'm not sure how many 1st downs Wilson got in the second half, but you could probably count them on one hand, that Richlands D was really shutting them down, so the final td in OT was a surprise to me... I thought it would come down to the kicker again.

I heard a lot of talk about the Richlands O and how good they were, but I was more impressed with their defense!  Their O was good too, but the D was better (to me) in that game.  I would be curious to know what the average starting field position was for the two teams, it seemed like Richlands stayed inside Wilson's territory all game.

Yes I agree. I thought after we scored and tied it up that we were going to win. Our defense has been very good all season and just barely had enough to get by Gate City. I think Wilson would have had a hard time stopping Gate City.

I thought when we had the ball with third and goal from about the three and a half yard line Mance would run River two times and score but we never. Its easy for me to say that now because if River would have thrown a TD pass I would have been the first to jump up and say "what a call"! Just so many plays you can go back and look at and say.....man if only this or this.....in a game this close and low scoring. It will hurt for a long time.

On the bright side we will return 8 starters on that defense you saw. So we have a chance to have a very stout defense next year. John Luke Asbury QB for next year has a chance to be very very good. He has good height and getting taller. He has a great arm and has the smarts to go along with it. He has been in Mances care for at least three years now so he knows the offence very well. He also can run with good mobility. So knowing all of this will make the long wait over the winter a little easier.

Yes I agree. I thought after we scored and tied it up that we were going to win. Our defense has been very good all season and just barely had enough to get by Gate City. I think Wilson would have had a hard time stopping Gate City.

I thought when we had the ball with third and goal from about the three and a half yard line Mance would run River two times and score but we never. Its easy for me to say that now because if River would have thrown a TD pass I would have been the first to jump up and say "what a call"! Just so many plays you can go back and look at and say.....man if only this or this.....in a game this close and low scoring. It will hurt for a long time.

On the bright side we will return 8 starters on that defense you saw. So we have a chance to have a very stout defense next year. John Luke Asbury QB for next year has a chance to be very very good. He has good height and getting taller. He has a great arm and has the smarts to go along with it. He has been in Mances care for at least three years now so he knows the offence very well. He also can run with good mobility. So knowing all of this will make the long wait over the winter a little easier.

Only 263 days to go......

Yeah yeah yeah.... The group that went undefeated and mainly uncontested for 2 straight years will be JR's next year. Razor go back and check those box scores and stats on the Buzzards. Sophomores throwing sophomores catching sophomores making tackles. No offense to Big O but a whole lot of people know what is loaded in the chamber here in A-town. Wish you guys would have won state because we could at least say we beat a state champion

Funny thing with the little success we had this year. A lot of good athletes are not playing BB. They are already back in the weight room. We will be bigger, stronger, and faster next year. I think they are tired of sitting at the kids table during Thanksgiving, thinking they should still be playing. Time will tell.

Ryan- Please keep us up to date on your recruiting this season. Heard there were a couple 4 stars in Hurley but you better get before Ridgeview

Razor- I know you were probably hoping for falconman or southy but you will have to settle for me right now. Hope to see you soon!

When you get up against as good as a D as Wilson has and you start getting calls that take the 10 yard first down away from you, when it becomes

2nd  and 15 or 20 it can be a game breaker against a stout defense.  Anybody sure that wasn't the same ref we had in 2010. Hats off to that  Wilson D

don't know we could have beat them anyway but sure wish the refs hadn't been so flag happy.  Would really like to know who selected these guys.

Yeah yeah yeah.... The group that went undefeated and mainly uncontested for 2 straight years will be JR's next year. Razor go back and check those box scores and stats on the Buzzards. Sophomores throwing sophomores catching sophomores making tackles. No offense to Big O but a whole lot of people know what is loaded in the chamber here in A-town. Wish you guys would have won state because we could at least say we beat a state champion

Funny thing with the little success we had this year. A lot of good athletes are not playing BB. They are already back in the weight room. We will be bigger, stronger, and faster next year. I think they are tired of sitting at the kids table during Thanksgiving, thinking they should still be playing. Time will tell.

Ryan- Please keep us up to date on your recruiting this season. Heard there were a couple 4 stars in Hurley but you better get before Ridgeview

Razor- I know you were probably hoping for falconman or southy but you will have to settle for me right now. Hope to see you soon!

Who needs a 4 star from Hurley. We are working on 10 coming down from Camelot. ;)

I think one is the Qb.....lol

Mance wants to play him at left guard...lol

I heard he was gonna start at long snapper. Sounds like we need to get in the same page here. Our recruits deserve better.

I have heard he might be playing some line next year. He has grown a little bit since you all saw him last. Should be about 6'3" and 205-215 by the next time you see that kid. He would make a great long snapper. One of the ones that did not play BB to get bigger and faster. I had to give him a ride the other day because he will not be old enough to drive till February. Just think how good he might be if he were at GC, that is a heck of an 8 th grader

I have heard he might be playing some line next year. He has grown a little bit since you all saw him last. Should be about 6'3" and 205-215 by the next time you see that kid. He would make a great long snapper. One of the ones that did not play BB to get bigger and faster. I had to give him a ride the other day because he will not be old enough to drive till February. Just think how good he might be if he were at GC, that is a heck of an 8 th grader

8th graders don't drive. This would be a lot more fun if you'd think a little. ;)

Peoples Champ...You are possibly moving to Bristol in the near future...I just finished my move to Rockingham County.  Bristol is great...need a place to rent? lol.  Anyway, while it may not have quite the same luster as in my day, the V-T game (Virginia High-Tennessee High) is a rivalry game that every Bristolian (?) should attend. 

On another note, it does not matter where you live or who you support on this board.  Everyone is given a "once over" and a fair shake.  Thin skinned people need not apply.  I am fairly new to this board but have found it to be quite entertaining, informative, sometimes sarcastic but always, always fun.  There are a bunch of really good posters here. 

Take your coat off and stay a while.

And to point out the incredibly obvious, everyone knows that the only 8th graders who drive are those Tennessee transfers at Gate City.  Sheesh...

Do not worry MM, I have decided to allow Ryan time to get over this past Saturday before rattling his cage.  I am sure he is still giddy with the Colts win this Sunday anyway!

Ugly, ugly win. But I'll take it. "Style points" don't apply here. Haha.

At the end of the day, we are all fans of high school sports...the truest of  athletic endeavors going!

This.

Wow. I actually clicked the like button on a post of yours…….I need to go to the doctor. Or maybe sleep. I'm not sure.

This is just like the Christmas peace treaty in WWi. Everyone out of their trenches sharing a drink. In all seriousness Merry Christmas, I wish you all well through the holidays and 2015!!

Ryan- 10 months of peace then.....By the way can we get the same 9-1 bet going?