Top Sophomores and Juniors

uvahooelse

Who makes the list for the top young players in SWVA. I know the HOGO has two really good young sophomore point guards, Johnson from GW and Kestner from Chilhowie. GW also has a good junior center. NW also has a good junior guard transfer from Grayson. Who else may make this list?  Go Panthers #blueteam

Graham has plenty of young talent coming up..… Juniors Roman Workman and Thomas Clarke, sophomore Nick Morgan, freshmen Taymon Cooke and Garrett Dalton..… and plenty of talent in 8th and 9th paying j.v... Too many to mention.

Graham will lose only 2 seniors in Colby Hill and Tony Hood. Those are huge losses, but Graham has lots of talent to replace them. The "Dream Team"...may face a "nightmare" in Graham.…

Maybe that traveled over with them from Appy.

Could be, to my knowledge none of the better athletes at Powell Valley intentionally held back a grade. Hell even Brad Robbins, Phil's son, was in the same grade all throughout school.

Appalachia had done it, so Union must do it too now. If its a regular thing, I am not a fan if its only for athletics, the chances of little Timmy or Trish becoming a Div. 1 athlete is very slim so the kid should be allowed to live as they see fit. If I kid believes its for the best academic wise, then I'm all for it, but I just dont like making a child take classes they already did well in just to have another year of eligibility as a more developed athlete.

Stay competitive? We are doing just fine GURU, we dont need to resort to GC tactics to compete.

No team has the athletes they had in the 90s, but look at Union now. We have very good athletes.

Jay Gavin, James Mitchell, Rashaaun, a JV player who has great size, Jake Barnett, Bryce Spears, etc...

Mitchell has potential to be a very great athlete, and Union has a complete more young freshman like Jeb Stidham that will be a force to be reckoned with in two years.