Altavista

sixcat

This is mainly for UVAO but this kid deserves public adulation.  Juan Thornhill gathered his football and basketball teammates together over the weekend to raise more than $6000 throughout the community to be donated to the Carroll County fire victims.  Thornhill's dad gave the check to Galax basketball coach Verl Brown yesterday before the game.

UVAO, you guys are getting a class act!  

It's called leadership and citizenship.  More of our youth need to get involved in their communities and lead by example.  If students are applying for colleges, part of the application needs to show community involvement and volunteerism.  Great job of leading by this young man; however, I hope to see him go out on the losing side of their basketball game against Honaker.  Other than that, he seems to be well on his way to success!

This is mainly for UVAO but this kid deserves public adulation. Juan Thornhill gathered his football and basketball teammates together over the weekend to raise more than $6000 throughout the community to be donated to the Carroll County fire victims. Thornhill's dad gave the check to Galax basketball coach Verl Brown yesterday before the game.

UVAO, you guys are getting a class act!

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Despite the team's performance, my heart is warmed when I see the caliber of men we have. I've sung his praises on the gridiron, but with this character, I'm infinitely more impressed.