Top Ten Football Teams 2015 1A & 2A Pre-Season SWVA

SWVAFB

James shouldn't be blamed for leaving for a better opportunity. Pulaski has more athletes, better athletes and a lot more kids from which to field a team. Fort has always had great talent but have always lacked the quality coaching staff to pull it all together. James was that guy and it was only a matter of time before other, more established programs came calling. Fort can regain what it had under James with the correct hire but I am not sure Robbie Patton is the person best suited to make that decision. He shouldn't even be allowed in the room during the decision making process in my opinion.

Hale was simply a terrible hire. They can rebound quickly but only with the right hire. Making another mistake now would set them back for a decade.

I don't think anyone is blaming Coach James for leaving for a better opportunity, but reality is, it wasn't necessarily better, with the exception of the money. Pulaski is far from the powerhouse they used to be, but I do believe James will be the one to turn that around. However, there was more to him leaving than just money. The sad truth is, he might have never went to Pulaski had there not been a deeper problem. Yes, I do believe Patton was instrumental in helping James out the door, but again, there's more to the story. Patton, unfortunately, will likely have final say in the hiring of a new coach. UNLESS they move him to another school this year. (This is a rumor, but it has been told to me that Patton will be somewhere else and the assistant principal, Rolland Cook will be bumped up. Which would be ok as far as I'm concerned.) There has already been some shuffling around (mainly in part due to a couple of retirements) and there is at least one school in the county without a principal as of Monday-ish. (Tomorrow is the last day of school but Monday is a teacher workday.) The new principals official start date would likely be July 1, but I wouldn't think they would allow an exiting principal to hire a new coach. I honestly wish they would allow team captains (as representatives of the team) a q&a with potential coaching candidates since the team is the ones that spend the most time with the coach. But we all know nothing like that would ever happen.

I have to get in touch with my source because I have only heard 1 name mentioned as a possible candidate, and while I'm not doubting he's a good coach, he has also had some questionable methods in the past. But they really need to get on the ball on this one. It's getting a little late...

• 2 weeks later...

MY 2A WEST PICKS ARE:   SWVA 2A WEST/77 WEST        2A WEST

1.RICHLANDS                           1.GLENVAR

2.UNION                                    2.RICHLANDS

3.RIDGEVIEW                           3.UNION

4.LEE HIGH                               4.RIDGEVIEW

5.GATE CITY                             5.GILES