Union at Central

LongTimeSWVAFan

The parking situation wasn't bad. We got there at 6:20 and parked in the 2nd row in the field above the school. Nice school, beautiful setting with the sun going down, and a really nice facility. That said, I didn't much care for watching the game there. The fence area is way too far away from the field, and I don't know that watching from the stands would be any better. Seemed odd to be watching a high school game from that distance. On a side note, if I ever do go back, I'm going to try one of those taco salads. After seeing several people with them, I was wishing we hadn't stopped for supper before the game. 

Parking is OK, but I still give it an F because it should not take 40 minutes to exit a parking lot.  Field looks great. Stadium itself looked great, but like you said, wasn't a great field to watch a game from. I was sitting on the bleachers, and felt like I was very far from the field. I think they tried to get too "fancy" with the appearance and forgot the purpose.

And the 3 people around me that had taco salads all said they were delicious.

Does anyone know how Gavin is doing, I seen him limping quite a bit and had to leave a little early so I didn't know if he came back in the game.

Unless he got worse the next day, it looked like he walked it off before the end of the game.

We left at the start of the 4th because my wife didn't heed my advice and only wore a light jacket, but I can see how it would take awhile getting out of there at the end of the game. To the poster who said it had the worst sight lines, after thinking it over, I have to agree. We've been to games all over the Southeast, and I can't think of anywhere worse, or really even close to it. Otherwise, it's a really nice facility. 

You dont run plays against the strength of the defense. Use your athletes. Heighth advantage. Dont try to prove you can run inside if you have other options. Thats hard headed coaching and will eventually get you beat!

Glad you all liked our taco salads. We also grill polish dogs and a bunch of other goodies. The band concessions is where the great grub is at folks. Our folks can cook:). As for Central, they are headed in the right direction. Lot of young players that will learn to step up and help Dalton out the next couple years. The future is bright. We just have to learn to expand the offense

Glad you all liked our taco salads. We also grill polish dogs and a bunch of other goodies. The band concessions is where the great grub is at folks. Our folks can cook:). As for Central, they are headed in the right direction. Lot of young players that will learn to step up and help Dalton out the next couple years. The future is bright. We just have to learn to expand the offense

JJK used to have the best hot dogs in the LPD, maybe in all of SWVA. We ate at Annette's Dairy Barn before the game. It had probably been 35 years since I had eaten there. Still pretty good, but I wish I  would've had room for one of the taco salads.