Regular season football is almost over.

wave316

Any surprises this year?  Ridgeview has won 3 straight after a rough early start with injuries. Patrick Henry is having another good year. Richlands and Union are playing great. This may sound crazy too.... but don't count out the Gate City Blue Devils if they were to make it into the playoffs. Jmo....

I think Rv and GC would be tough matchups in the playoffs.  

Bland not being terrible is a surprise to me.

JIB is a small surprise, I thought they wold be good but they are really rolling.

Central is a surprise, they lost a lot and I think most were expecting them to be a little down this year.

JIB must have really had an off night to start the season, they are 7-1 with the only loss being the drubbing at Norton by Union.

As a Union fan, I want to avoid playing Gate City again in the playoffs, they are very dangerous. Ridgeview and Central don''t really scare me, but GC does.

Honaker should finish 8-2 or 7-3, depending on the Ridgeview game.  That is a great regular season for the Tigers.  I really thought they would struggle this year and finish 4-6 or 5-5.  In essence, it has been a struggle since they've lost to the best two teams they've played.  Don't see the Tigers getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs, maybe not even out of the 1st round depending on who they match up against.

Winners. does Central scare you a little more now?

Honaker should get a solid seed. A isint very deep this year, although the top 6 or so teams are really good. Honaker should be fine, for the first round anyway

Going into the season I thought Central would be down but they IMHO are a better team this season than last. I also thought Honaker would have dropped off more than they have. I think Honaker will do fine in the playoffs as the level of play in the west drops off after the top 4 teams so I don't really see them being chalanged until the 3rd round

GW, JIB, Radford and Galax are the top teams but Hurley gave Honaker all they wanted and PH isint a team to be overlooked. Depending on seed Honaker may have a very tough opponent in the 2nd round. Probably don't want to overlook NW or Auburn either.

I honestly had not thought about Hurley I figured that they were about done after there QB injury and honestly did not really think about PH but will be a tough out so you are right 2nd round may be a tough game for the #3 and #4 seed

Why can't you give Central any credit? They always play Union tough even when the Bears are supposed to be so much better. Happens in every sport, except baseball, Central just wins in that.

Bc I believe this year, Union is much better than Central, and if we meet in the playoffs, I think Union wins. Central was lucky to keep it close the first time at Wise, I doubt it will be that close at Union if the rematch happens. 

and some is personal bias, I have had to deal with so many obnoxious Wise fans over the years, they are the team I want to beat the most.