BDT-Wk 9 POW honors-Nick Blankenship

trublue

Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 12:10 am

Setting records: Blankenship runs for 335, earns Player of Week honors By BRIAN WOODSON

Above link rest of the article....

excerpt:

RICHLANDS, Va. — Nick Blankenship had a visitor earlier this week at a Richlands football practice. It was Jackie Mabe, who had held the mark for most rushing yards in a game for the Blue Tornado since 1972.

Not anymore. Mabe congratulated Blankenship, who not only broke his mark of 285, but shattered it with 335 yards on 26 carries. He also scored three touchdowns in the Blue Tornado’s convincing 56-21 win last Friday over previously unbeaten Abingdon.

“It was a great night,†said Blankenship, who also broke a school record with a 97-yard run from scrimmage, which resulted in one of those touchdowns.

56319cc9c7ee9.image.jpg?resize=300%2C382

File photo by Eric DiNovo

Mountain man, I think you would agree with me that Emory would be a FINE place for Blankenship to play on Saturdays!  Would love to see him there next Fall.  Unfortunately, I saw more of him than I wanted last Friday :)