Rematch - Giles @ Glenvar

nrv_football

It's going to be tough. I expect another low scoring game. I observed the Giles/RV game tonight and I've never seen Giles play with so much intensity. I think Glenvar would've went down tonight if they would've been at Giles. Just my opinion of course, not trying to down the Highlanders.

I agree Giles played with some intensity tonight. If they come out and play with that intensity against Glenvar I believe Giles will be victorious. I hope they can move the ball and get some good blocks, open up some holes for the backs this time.

They will need to tweek some of their blocking assignments if Glenvar comes out in that same defense. Giles usually has a lineman pulling every play but couldn't do that the 1st time they played Glenvar. I'm sure they will make adjustments.

Agree im sure they will come up with some adjustments to get the blocks they need. If they do and get the backs in the open field it will be a win for Giles.

Agree im sure they will come up with some adjustments to get the blocks they need. If they do and get the backs in the open field it will be a win for Giles.

I agree. Giles should be 100% now. Their full back returned tonight and ran the ball better then I've seen him run this season. He was playing with a broken leg against Glenvar the 1st time they played

I agree. Giles should be 100% now. Their full back returned tonight and ran the ball better then I've seen him run this season. He was playing with a broken leg against Glenvar the 1st time they played

#7 is back for Glenvar as well. He was on Sewell all night and had 5 interceptions.

#7 is back for Glenvar as well. He was on Sewell all night and had 5 interceptions.

Good to see that both teams should have everyone back. Should be a very physical game. But since Giles and Glenvar are playing each other I'm sure the weather will be crappy as it usually is when these teams play.

Good to see that both teams should have everyone back. Should be a very physical game. But since Giles and Glenvar are playing each other I'm sure the weather will be crappy as it usually is when these teams play.

Hopefully the weather will be good and no wet field.

Wet field or dry field Giles better be ready for a battle....this Glenvar defense as i've said many times before is damn good especially against our offense....now someone like RIchlands that have big splits and spread the field out could have a lot more success against them Giles does but I hope nobody after Friday gets a chance to see this defense LOL.

I think we have a shot but we are going to have to play a near perfect game to beat these guys...We will show up Friday night and if they beat us again just shake their hands and look towards next year....But after talking to a couple players this morning I got the feeling from them that this game is more than personal....no doubt in my mind our guys are going to be ready and i'm sure Glenvar's players are as well...I just hope I can make it 6 days until the game is played lol

#7 had 3 of the 6 picks glenvar had last night not 5

He is a damn good players....worries me more on offense and special teams than on defense....but that may be because we don't throw anywhere near 25 times like Virginia High did last night lol....he is probably one of their 3 best playes and that's saying something because they have a lot of good players

Wet field or dry field Giles better be ready for a battle....this Glenvar defense as i've said many times before is damn good especially against our offense....now someone like RIchlands that have big splits and spread the field out could have a lot more success against them Giles does but I hope nobody after Friday gets a chance to see this defense LOL.

I think we have a shot but we are going to have to play a near perfect game to beat these guys...We will show up Friday night and if they beat us again just shake their hands and look towards next year....But after talking to a couple players this morning I got the feeling from them that this game is more than personal....no doubt in my mind our guys are going to be ready and i'm sure Glenvar's players are as well...I just hope I can make it 6 days until the game is played lol

Good.. I'm sure we will be ready and I hope the guys are fired up and take it to Glenvar.

#7 had 3 of the 6 picks glenvar had last night not 5

He is a damn good players....worries me more on offense and special teams than on defense....but that may be because we don't throw anywhere near 25 times like Virginia High did last night lol....he is probably one of their 3 best playes and that's saying something because they have a lot of good players

After the way they looked against Ridgeview I would have a hard time picking against Giles. Looked like a team on a mission.

I agree them boys played with some intensity. Yes Ridgeview was an 11th seed but they have been on a roll winning 5 straight after starting the season slow. Every week I put a team on upset alert, this week will be Glenvar.

I agree them boys played with some intensity. Yes Ridgeview was an 11th seed but they have been on a roll winning 5 straight after starting the season slow. Every week I put a team on upset alert, this week will be Glenvar.

I sure hope you are right on your upset pick but Giles has their hands full that's for sure....I fully expect our boys to come out pissed off....and play hard and let the chips fall where they may....if Glenvar wins or Giles wins they will have had to earn a hard fought victory

I sure hope you are right on your upset pick but Giles has their hands full that's for sure....I fully expect our boys to come out pissed off....and play hard and let the chips fall where they may....if Glenvar wins or Giles wins they will have had to earn a hard fought victory

Two great teams. You have Giles who is always a powerhouse only losing 6 games in the past 5 years and Glenvar who has gotten blessed with some great athletes and have proven that they will not be looked over again. Those are the facts, my prediction is just my opinion. We will see Friday! Good luck to both schools. Whoever loses needs to keep their heads up and be proud. No doubt that the Three Rivers district has been the dominant district the past two years.

Upset alert? If Giles wins this game I really wouldn't call it an upset. Both teams are really good and if you saw the first game between them this year it went to final secsonds. I know Glenvar is higher seed but very equal teams.

I consider it an upset because Glenvar is the defending champs that returned 90% of their team where as Giles lost 14 starters. Yes, Giles is a great team, but I dont think anyone predicted them to be 10-1 right now.

I still say Giles & Glenvar play 9 more times last year Giles wins them all. I thought Giles was the better team last year but didn't get the jod done on that Saturday. Hats off to a great Glenvar team for getting the job done so with that being said I just couldn't consider this game an upset either way. From an outsider looking in.

I think Giles was the better team last year also but Glenvar was better that Saturday and took advantage of breaks....this year I feel Glenvar is a better team but the difference between the two isn't as big as last year IMO....and I also agree I didn't see Giles at 10-1 at this point in the season either.....hats off to coach Williams and his staff...they have done a great job this year in what I considered as a rebuilding year