Richlands 50 Lebanon 48

Ryan4VT

Every stat line I've seen from Richlands shows a terrible percentage from 3..maybe the new coach should tell them to scoot up a few feet

Wouldn't have mattered last night. They couldn't buy a layup all night.

I was thinking the same thing. Lebanon is not very good at all.

seen Lebanon but I've not seen richlands.

Richlands sounds like 5 players playing as 5 individuals not one team. knee Jerk reactions all around, OH LOOK I'M OPEN *SHOOTS* clank.

Much like tw is doing, they are jealous (rightly so) that one player shoots anything and everything even if it's the most inefficient shot ever. If said player would get the ball in the post much like honaker, their overall team would benefit and they would really make a run. What I saw with Eastside was surprising last noght.

A lot of coaches need to stress efficient shots.

seen Lebanon but I've not seen richlands.

Richlands sounds like 5 players playing as 5 individuals not one team. knee Jerk reactions all around, OH LOOK I'M OPEN *SHOOTS* clank.

Much like tw is doing, they are jealous (rightly so) that one player shoots anything and everything even if it's the most inefficient shot ever. If said player would get the ball in the post much like honaker, their overall team would benefit and they would really make a run. What I saw with Eastside was surprising last noght.

A lot of coaches need to stress efficient shots.

Not many teams are blessed with the player that Honaker is blessed with to throw it down on the block to and run their offense through. BUT over 35 3 point point attempts in a game?? No way of beating a good team like that

That's the system. We have a lot of shooters, and only Lowe as a big man, so the system Phillips uses is much like the WVU offense back in the late 2000s. They are a threat to shoot 90+ every night. But when they are off, they are gonna struggle. Live and die by the three

Lowe is not the only guy that can play down low. In my opinion, Scottie Ball needs to be utilized more. And so far, that isn't happening. I love My Blues but it is tough watching a game where 30 or more 3's are shot every game. What's worse, their 3 PT % is probably less than 25%

Every team has a bad game. Sometimes it's about finding a way to win when your shots aren't falling. The defense stepped up huge in the last 7 seconds when Lebanon had the ball and a chance to win

Exactly and Scottie Ball @ 6'3" has the ability to play down low and has some great post moves but IMO is underutilized!!

I don't think Scottie has the down low instinct. He's a slasher kind of player that can shoot lights out. I just don't think he feels at home down low.

IMO, he does and doesn't get the opportunity to show it. Too many times, he is at the FT line with back to the basket wanting the ball and the ball swings around the 3 point line until someone decides to shoot a 3. Just my observation!!

IMO, he does and doesn't get the opportunity to show it. Too many times, he is at the FT line with back to the basket wanting the ball and the ball swings around the 3 point line until someone decides to shoot a 3. Just my observation!!

So coaching is the problem?

Richlands may be talented in football but basketball will never be the same. Playing zone and shooting threes may work for everyone up there from Council and Honaker to Richlands and Grundy. But real basketball is played with man defense and playing around the basket down south. Our teams will make the challenge for Richmond before any of those teams will at the 2A level for sure. You can get by with it at the 1A level.