Richlands 50 Lebanon 48

Ryan4VT

Richlands may be talented in football but basketball will never be the same. Playing zone and shooting threes may work for everyone up there from Council and Honaker to Richlands and Grundy. But real basketball is played with man defense and playing around the basket down south. Our teams will make the challenge for Richmond before any of those teams will at the 2A level for sure. You can get by with it at the 1A level.

Zone d is fine if played correctly and pressured at the right points

Chucking 3s is where the problem is, efficiency is a must.

I can not think right off the top of my head any team from west Roanoke who has made it to the State Tournament and not had a post presence of some kind. 

You don't need an 8 footer like the kid from Honaker but a kid that is 6'5, 6'6ish who has heart and some muscle will do. 

What the Richlands teams is someone with some Raven in 'em!

I can not think right off the top of my head any team from west Roanoke who has made it to the State Tournament and not had a post presence of some kind.

You don't need an 8 footer like the kid from Honaker but a kid that is 6'5, 6'6ish who has heart and some muscle will do.

What the Richlands teams is someone with some Raven in 'em!

someone that posts on the fence and annoys everyone? I kid I kid

Richlands may be talented in football but basketball will never be the same. Playing zone and shooting threes may work for everyone up there from Council and Honaker to Richlands and Grundy. But real basketball is played with man defense and playing around the basket down south. Our teams will make the challenge for Richmond before any of those teams will at the 2A level for sure. You can get by with it at the 1A level.

Hey killer, tell Jim Boeheim that real basketball is played with man to man defense. If I'm not fooled he has won a national title, over 850 games, and was inducted into the hall??

Oh yea and arguably the best coach to ever step on the floor coach k has played more zone the last 2 years then he has ever coached in his life. I doesn't matter how the job gets done as long as the job is getting done.

Scottie Ball @ 6'3" has the ability to play down low and has some great post moves but IMO is underutilized!!

He was mysteriously absent from the Richlands-Twin Valley box score...anyone care to comment???  Anyone??? Anyone???

Slightly elevated glucose level due to sour patch kid and snickers overdose.....get him off the hardwoods.

This seriously may be the most ridiculous suspension I've ever heard of....if its simply just nicotine as stated.

No, the most ridiculous suspension you've ever heard of is this one: a girl a class below me in HS was suspended 3 days after a friend accidentally shut her finger in a locker, to which she responded with a pain-tinged expletive starting with 's'.