Strasburg High School suspends basketball season...

Bearcat Bob

The Northern Virginia Daily reported that both JV and Varsity basketball practices and games have been suspended the outcome of an investigation into student athlete activities.  Not much detail but how unusual is this?

Nothing like this happened when I was playing in the late 80's and early 90's. I spoke to my brother last night. He doesn't remember anything like this when he played from 94-98.

One thing I will agree with my brother about. If this were to have happened, we would have settled it with an old fashioned fist fight. I guess that doesn't happen anymore!?!?!

Want to say it was 99 to 2003 time frame

It was 03 if I am not mistaken.  Really unfortunate situation as I knew families involved in both sides of the situation.  Four boys at the time got in some serious trouble and rightfully so.   I felt like, knowing the kids, one was probably the ringleader and pushed his friends to help him and they didnt expect what happened to happen (just my opinion).  The two victims went on to continue to participate in multiple sports at Rye Cove and have become fine young men, so yes havok they may have been the ones to hear those taunts while the perpetrators did not.  Ive done my share of things as a juvenile at sporting events I wish I hadnt also, so I know those regrets.